Caste matchups week five

referendum

Mentor
A few interesting matchups, though the highlight game Nebraska vs Wisconsin is about equal in whites on each team.

yesterday Pitt 11, South Florida 5, nice win there
tonite BYU 14 Utah St 11
E. Carolina 7 NC 4
Rice 14 South Miss 5
Northwestern 15 Ill 7
Ind 11 Penn St 7
Duke 10 Flor Int 2
Va Tech 7 Clemson 4
Kentucky 8 LSU 5
Air Force 15 Navy 12
NC State 11 GA Tech 7
Syracuse 9 Rutgers 4
Buffalo 10 Tennessee 4
Virginia 10 Idaho 6
Fresno St 10 Miss 3
Auburn 6 South Carolina 3
Ball St 14 Oklahoma 5
Boise St 15 Nevada 11
Texas A&M 8 Arkansas 5
Cent Mich 11 North Ill 6
Alabama 5 Florida 1
Iowa St 10 Texas 7
Stanford 14 UCLA 8
Arizona 10 USC 6
Utah 9 Wash 6
Col St 12 San Jose St 6

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Wisconsin-Nebraska tilt is a no-brainer from a caste perspective as to who to root for. Nebraska features a white dual-threat QB and a starting white RB, while Wisconsin only goes for the bruvas at RB, and refuses to even look at some of the incredible white talent at that position in their own state, and, of course, starts a black quarterback.

referendum

Mentor
Oh, most certainly I'll be pulling for Nebraska tomorrow. Also, a Northwestern win over Illinois would be great,

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Wisconsin-Nebraska tilt is a no-brainer from a caste perspective as to who to root for. Nebraska features a white dual-threat QB and a starting white RB, while Wisconsin only goes for the bruvas at RB, and refuses to even look at some of the incredible white talent at that position in their own state, and, of course, starts a black quarterback.

Couldn't agree more. Over the years I've consistently been pro Wisconsin on this site. But it's an easy decision for me to make on the game and I hope Nebraska triumphs as well. Can't wait to see Martinez and Burkhead tear it up tomorrow. It will also be fun to see Crick and Steinkuhler going against a very good interior Offensive line of the Badgers..

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Northwestern needs to win. If Illinois wins tomorrow the Nathan Scheelhassee hype will continue to grow. I'm looking forward to seeing what Persa can do throwing the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a a huge impact in his debut. From what it sounds like, he has been throwing the ball very well(in training camp) but was waiting to get 100% before making a return. I hope he still has the same type of agility he showed running the ball last year.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Plain and simple, Nebraska is allowing too many points. Wisconsin is the favored team here, and rightfully so. Chris Borland is back for them this year, looking healthy and producing. He could definitely be a big factor for the Badgers.

If Russell Wilson "wins" this game.. it's important to remember another name, that being Tyrod Taylor. He was immensely hyped while at V-Tech, and they also won their share of games. But, when the Draft rolled around, he went in the 5th (or, possibly, 6th) round to Baltimore. Russell Wilson will probably be taken higher than that, but he's hardly the "terrifying, super-QB for the new age" that the System has been searching for under every rock, haystack, crevasse, underwater cave, or basement, you name it...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
That darn BYU, allowing a very long TD run on the first play of the game, gets the "house call" with the pitiful ejection of stud Mckay Brady, plays boring mountain ball for 3 quarters (becoming a pattern..), but, by golly, they win in the 4th quarter (also, another pattern), thus preventing, or, should I say, delaying, another black quarterback (Utah State's) from being added to the "Great Black Hype" thread!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm definitely pulling for Rice, Northwestern, Fresno State, Buffalo, Colorado State, Stanford, Boise State, NC State, Indiana, Ball State, Air Force, and especially Nebraska. A Nebraska win that contains a showcase of White defenders, plus the running skills of Burkhead and Martinez would be a great win for our cause.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lets hope Ty Zimmerman picks off Robert Griffin today and the Kansas St defense ends the Griffin hype. It would also be nice to see Collin Klein run over Baylor's defense.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Northwestern S Brian Peters just made a nice one-handed pick of Scheelhaase in the end zone.

Highlander

Mentor
Persa's back, making Zook and the Fighting Zulu's look silly. So far he has 4TD passes halfway through the 3rd Qtr. Trumpy limped off with an injury earlier and is now in the locker room getting looked at. He was running great before the injury. Hope it's not too serious.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I don't think he'll be back, Leonardfan.

Jeremy Ebert currently has 4 rec. for 57 yards and 3 TDs!!:icon_grin:

Highlander

Mentor
Sar far today for Penn State:

McGloin 7/16 163 yards 1 TD 0 INT 150 QB Rating
Bolden 5/13 70 yards 0 TD 1 INT 68.3 QB Rating

The announcers finally said something about this, at one point saying "Bolden really hasn't done nothing <this season>"

Highlander

Mentor
Persa out now with a potential re-injuring of his Achilles heel :cry:. NU now down by 3, 28-31 late in the 4th.

If his injury is serious and he has to miss the rest of the season, I wonder if he could apply for a medical redshirt.

Highlander

Mentor
NU recovers Ilini fumble, Jacob Scmidt runs it in for a 6-yard TD. NU up 35-31 with 1:15 left in the 4th.

EDIT: Because NU's corners can't cover, Illinois marches down the field and scores to go up, 38-35, with 13 seconds left.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
This seems to be a problem with most White friendly programs, crappy corners. Just play some White guys at the position, no corner should be starting for d1 program if they give up over 200 yards to one receiver (Jenkins has 268 yards receiving and 3 tds). Stanford is another team that comes to mind, that was their main problem when Gerhart was running wild on teams, their corners couldn't cover. The Whiter teams are still afraid to start White cornerbacks.

Highlander

Mentor
0:02 seconds left in the PSU - Indiana game, PSU up 16-10. Now a timeout, reviewing the last play. Indiana at the PSU 40-yard line.

Indiana's IU emblem on their helmets is in pink.

Highlander

Mentor
Navy's Kriss Proctor and Alexander Teich have a combined 72 rushes for 282 yards in their game against Air Force, now in OT. Incredible.

EDIT: AF beats Navy 35-34 as they blocked an extra point of Navy's.