Cam McDaniel - 2011 RB

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
This guy is flat out amazing. Check out these can't miss highlights. He runs a 4.5 40, and an amazing 3.97 shuttle!
smiley32.gif
He hurdles 4 guys in this video, which has been seen by over 57,000 people. His Rival's Profile says he has a 34 inch vertical, but it looks to be a bit more than that with a couple of those hurdles. He barely slows down on his cuts. He also has great vision and balance. Last year, he had over 2,300 all-purpose yards and 29 touchdowns. Cam is an amazing athlete who should be getting offers as the year progresses. Iowa, Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas are the schools interested right now.Edited by: Jack Lambert

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
the guy has got moves!
In the comments someone mentions Zach Langer, so I checked out his video too, and he is another true talent.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Best of luck to this kid!! Good job scouting out talent in this 2011 class Jack.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with the comment on the bottom of the video. He may not have the same speed but he has the moves and the hops of McGuffie. This kid is going to be a starter in college as long as he goes to the right team. Cam is fun to watch run as he is so shifty. He can stop on a dime, spin, juke, or just jump over year all to go with his good speed. I will be curious to see what college he ends up going to in another year.

icsept

Master
Jack Lambert said:
This guy is flat out amazing. Check out these can't miss highlights. He runs a 4.5 40, and an amazing 3.97 shuttle!
smiley32.gif
He hurdles 4 guys in this video, which has been seen by over 57,000 people. His Rival's Profile says he has a 34 inch vertical, but it looks to be a bit more than that with a couple of those hurdles. He barely slows down on his cuts. He also has great vision and balance. Last year, he had over 2,300 all-purpose yards and 29 touchdowns. Cam is an amazing athlete who should be getting offers as the year progresses. Iowa, Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas are the schools interested right now.

I can't believe OU is interested. If so, they'll recruit him as a Wes Welker type receiver. Of course, Welker wasn't good enough to play for OU, even though he was a record breaking running back out of Oklahoma City.

The hurdles are spectacular, but he's gonna get killed doing that at the next level.

JReb1

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
McDaniel has been offered by Iowa and Stanford.
smiley4.gif

I wonder which school is going to be more Caste friendly for a White HB in the next few years. I know Stanford is pretty White friendly but a lot of that is academic related. Either way I wish him good luck!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think we jumped on Iowa too hard for not offering Nile Knapp. I agree Nile is a great athlete but maybe Iowa just did not see them having a place for the kid in their '11 class. IDK either way Ferentz has been fair over the years to our guys. He takes "no name" recruits and always puts out a competitive product.

johnnyboy

Guru
JReb1 said:
Jack Lambert said:
McDaniel has been offered by Iowa and Stanford.
smiley4.gif
I wonder which school is going to be more Caste friendly for a White HB in the next few years. I know Stanford is pretty White friendly but a lot of that is academic related. Either way I wish him good luck!

i wish all college football programs were as academically inclined as Stanford's. if that were the case, D1 football would be a heck of lot less dark.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
I think we jumped on Iowa too hard for not offering Nile Knapp. I agree Nile is a great athlete but maybe Iowa just did not see them having a place for the kid in their '11 class. IDK either way Ferentz has been fair over the years to our guys. He takes "no name" recruits and always puts out a competitive product.

I think Ferentz tries harder than most FBS coaches to be fair and it's paid off with Iowa's beat down of Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. I think Knapp is an EXTREMELY rare talent though. He has the type of agility that only comes around a few times a decade in H.S football. Ferentz chickened out here- probably worrying about the "too many white RB" question coming up. He had already offered 3 black backs that are cut and dry not as good as Knapp. Knapp is a small white back too- and they are the most discriminated group in the entire world of sports! He could have used how Wegher played in the Orange Bowl to explain to the MSM and DWFs why he recruited Knapp:
"Because he's underrated like Wegher and shouldn't be, he runs a 4.43, a 3.9 shuttle and led Georgia in rushing! Reminds me of Barry Sanders!"

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
He could have used how Wegher played in the Orange Bowl to explain to the MSM and DWFs why he recruited Knapp:
"Because he's underrated like Wegher and shouldn't be, he runs a 4.43, a 3.9 shuttle and led Georgia in rushing! Reminds me of Barry Sanders!"
Most of the DWFs that I've interacted with pooh-pooh Wegher's Orange Bowl performance, and just give the credit to the Hawkeye's O-line, and that any black scrub could have run for more yards than this slow, unathletic white guy that Iowa has carrying the ball. After all, he doesn't have the swivel-hips, black shuck-and-jive, or room-brightening smile that allows black backs to be so superior and sheeeit.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Update: McDaniel has now been offered by the Colorado Buffs, Iowa State, and Tulsa.
smiley1.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow, just watched this kid's highlights for the second time and I was mesmerized. The first time I watched them I was very tired, so I didn't realize how freakishly good he is. Although not as big, I think he is probably even better than Zach Langer. Langer's more of a X-Y cutback north south runner, where McDaniel is a freakish X-Z agility scatback.

McDaniel is an absolute stud at most qualities in a RB. He has AMAZING footwork, balance, vision, leaping ability, toughness, and he's got absolutely ankle breaking moves. He doesn't have quite the burst or top-end speed out of his Barry Sanders like cuts of Knapp though, but is bigger and stronger with more ability to break tackles than Knapp and- amazingly- might have even better vision. This is the second white RB I've seen in the past year that has brought back memories of Barry Sanders.

McDaniel will need to work on his top-end speed a bit though. His 10 yard burst looks in the 1.5-1.55 range already (slightly above average for a RB playing in the NFL), but his top end speed looked like that of a 4.65 guy. This happens to be Texas 5A football though, which will keep a stud H.S RBs speed from standing out like it would in other leagues he would play in (so he might be faster than I give him credit for).

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The other thing about his highlight video is he constantly had to make something out of nothing. A few times there were big holes, but often times he had to twist, turn, dart and shift his profile to fit through tiny seams to make 5, 10, 15 or 20 yards.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Cam has now been offered by Minnesota and Navy, which brings his offer total to 7. McDaniel is gonna be an absolute stud if he goes to the right school.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Minnesota is a border line fair team to me. Brewster has several sons who play college ball so maybe that is why he is fair to white players. I know Minnesota has never recruited a white rb before(to my knowledge) but Brewster was Eric Decker's number 1 supporter on his future in the NFL.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Cam McDaniel has comitted to the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame!
smiley32.gif

At first, I was afraid he might get switched to a different position, but I read an article on Rivals. Here's a quote from the article.

"Coach Kelly said he wanted to look Cam in the eyes and tell him he wants him as a running back," Cam's father Danny McDaniel said. "They shook hands and hugged. Notre Dame is a great place for Cam to play and go to school."

Best of luck to Cam at Notre Dame!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Great news best of luck to Cam!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
"Coach Kelly said he wanted to look Cam in the eyes and tell him he wants him as a running back," Cam's father Danny McDaniel said. "They shook hands and hugged. Notre Dame is a great place for Cam to play and go to school."
This is excellent news! It is encouraging that more white RB's are insisting on STAYING RB's as they are being recruited, and the last few years we've seen a slow, but steady uptick of white RB's at the D1 level. We just need the continued production to get the caste walls to fall. Now if we can start getting more cornerbacks in.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here's some more of the article, it looks like Cam definatly chose the right school, and Kelly has no plans to move him to a different position.
smiley20.gif
Footballdad, I love the attitude of some of these white RBs, and I love the continued uptick of white RBs at the D1 level. Another thing I love is that they're at big D1 schools as well, like Burkhead with Nebraska.

Coppell running back Cam McDaniel committed to Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly after a Monday morning visit. Kelly visited Coppell on the first day are allowed to make face-to-face contact and Kelly assured McDaniel he was looking for the all-purpose player to come to Notre Dame as a running back and didn't have plans to switch him to a slot back or defensive back positions other schools had discussed.
Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here's part of an article right after his committment.

The 5-foot-11, 192-pound prospect had taken recent official visits to Minnesota and Iowa State. The Irish project McDaniel as a future slot receiver in Kelly's spread offense. The Texan is Notre Dame's 17th verbal commitment.

It's weird how he was projected as a slot reciever before Kelly told him he's staying at RB isn't it?
smiley29.gif

snow

Mentor
Well I hope Kelly sticks to his word. Wasn't Tommy Z promised CB but switched to S? I know it was a different coach though. Hopefully they learned their lesson after getting routinely killed by white backs

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Was just over at YouTube watching videos of his various camps with schools who wanted to have a look at him. He is extremely fast, almost always the fastest in his group, and runs his drills flawlessly, great, great footwork. I guess schools like Texas looked at him and said, "You'll make a fine linebacker, or maybe a backup slot receiver, you don't have the necessary "qualities" to be a running back for the Longhorns".

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I just looked at his 2010 highlights, and compared to his 2009 Junior year, he has picked up some serious speed. In addition to being a rocket, he does amazing ankle breaking moves on some of these black db's, the hit the turf without even touching him. check it out:

[TUBE]d-Fn7_NKrOw[/TUBE]

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting these, FootballDad. I was watching them earlier today, and was thinking the exact same thing. As you said, he's gained a lot of speed, along with his excellent agility, he can cut on a dime.Edited by: Jack Lambert