Brent Giddens, RB/LB
Hughes Springs, Texas
5'11" 180lbs. 4.5
JR: 183 carries, 1,007 yards (5.5avg), 9TDs
SR: 226 carries, 1,920 yards (8.5avg), 31TDs
+ 108 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 3 forced fumbles from the LB position
Conference MVP
Texas 2A State Champion 110m hurdles, 3rd place 300m hurdles

Brent has signed to play for Northwestern State in Louisiana. The NSU demons play FCS football in the Southland Conference. Brent will also be running track for NSU.

HighlightsEdited by: Riddlewire

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good inside runner who obviously has some speed. He's a tough runner and I think he can make the transition to a traditional RB in college pretty easily. I can't wait to see him lined up 5 yards back with a FB in front of him!He'll havemore time to make his reads and cuts and get to top speed even faster. <div></div>This is a kid you would think FBS schools would be scrambling to sign because he has a lot of potential and has that track background to go along with production in the state of Texas!He was probably deemed "too small" but in reality he's too white..

Riddlewire

Master
I've watched his video three times because something didn't seem right. The footage didn't appear to fit with his proven speed credentials. I think what is happening is that he has been trained to "run like a fullback" with the ball wrapped up in maximum protect mode. That affects his gait and, therefore, his speed. You can see that clearly on the few carries where he outruns the cameraman. His burst is otherwordly on those occasions. Most likely because he saw daylight at the line of scrimmage and knew he didn't have to wrap up. On his interceptions he also takes off like a rocket. I think the potential is there for him to be an elite tailback. He just needs some repetitions taking the ball in some other offensive system.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
As celticdb15 said good inside runner, with the ability to make quick cuts with good footwork enabling him to do this. It looks as though he's a little flat footed and occasionally has short choppy steps when out in the open, which is a little surprising being a track &amp; field runner. Still, obviously a talented FOOTBALL PLAYER on both sides of the ball. Thanks Riddlewire for this great find.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Even after putting up almost 2,000 yards his Sr. year I think he was limited by playing Fullback in his HS offense. Like Riddlewire said he was trained to run like a Fullback and really put a premium on holding onto the ball tight and expecting to take some big hits. Let him loose at RB, he is an All purpose back with speed and power!