Bobby Knight Passes Away

todder

Remember when he said "I want to be buried upside down, so everyone could kiss my $$$".

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I shall toss a chair at my worksite to honor him. Definitely a hot head, but the man knew how to win and make an impression!

The Hock

Master
Ornery old guy is gone huh? Great coach. A winner who could be self defeating at time. He sure left his mark. He always insisted on team basketball.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ornery old guy is gone huh? Great coach. A winner who could be self defeating at time. He sure left his mark. He always insisted on team basketball.
His legacy will be complicated similar to Woody Hayes because of his violence towards his players but he had the interest of his players at heart(his blow ups aside) as he was blunt about the futures of most of his players and insisted on them being student-athletes to prepare for life after Indiana and later Texas Tech.

I don't think he ever was involved in any of the shenanigans that swirled in college basketball for decades with under the table payments so it's amazing what a consistent winner he was. Sad news...

Brad Holmeboy

Coached six White first-round picks.

Coach K had 11 and Dean Smith eight.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
I was shocked when I heard he only coached one NBA all-star, Isiah Thomas. He made the most with the least.

Brad Holmeboy

I was shocked when I heard he only coached one NBA all-star, Isiah Thomas. He made the most with the least.
And changed his life dropping an "n bomb" on him in practice, "you just wanna be just another .. from Chicago like your brothers?"

Phall

Master

Decent reflection in my opinion