Black QB’s having a bad year

referendum

Mentor
Just had a quick peak at current QB ratings, and with the exception of Mcnabb, all black QB's are comfortably situated in the lower half of the League's QB rankings, with Gerrard and Young way, way down there. Got to love seeing Vick so far down there of course. Even Mcnair, alleged by some to be another pretty good QB, is in the bottom half. I love the QB rating.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Mcnabb is the only top flight black qb. Mcnair was but now is mediocre because of age. Tell me something I don't know....
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Black QB's are always at the bottom of the ranking except for the rare cases when one has an exceptional year. That is because the rating system is "racist" in that it uses merit instead of taking into account diversity and intangibles.
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, they should get 10 points for ahem, minority status.

no wait, whites are minority in NFL...

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Black QB's are always at the bottom of the ranking except for the rare cases when one has an exceptional year. That is because the rating system is "racist" in that it uses merit instead of taking into account diversity and intangibles.
smiley36.gif
If Vince Evans had one of his on games he could have retired with the highest QB rating ever.....
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

cleverone

Somehow it's still a mystery ...

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-vickstruggles111906 &prov=yhoo&type=lgns[/url]

Vick still a mystery

BALTIMORE - Quarterback Michael Vick left the field at M&T Bank Stadium in an oddly happy mood after the Atlanta Falcons dropped their third straight game and fell to 5-5 Sunday. If one of the NFL's most talented athletes was frustrated, he had a funny way of showing it.

Vick smiled jovially as he hugged teammates and opponents. Somewhere in Vick's mind, it seemed, there was nothing more he could have done to avoid the 24-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Vick, who completed 11 of 21 passes for 127 yards and rushed for a team-high 54, confirmed that after the game when he turned his smiles into a frown for the media.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Falcons were counting on their defense to carry them this year, but it's been battered by injuries, leaving the burden on Ron Mexico.

Vick is oh so insincere sounding when he tries to accept even a little blame for his bad performances. Taking the blame is not an easy thing for anyone to do, but many blacks seem incapable of humility.

As far as the hugging and smiling after the game, the reality is that fans take losses harder than do most of the players, whosee themselves aslittle more thanmerenaries and entertainerswho get the samehuge paycheck win or lose.

I figure Vick was smilin' 'cause no matter which team won, it was led by a black QB. Its win-win; Vick only got beat because another black dude was out there leading the Ravens.

Although even after losses, many players hug and smile at having played against old teammates in college and the pros...also, most NFL players talk a lot about their colleges and how they're doing.

xc1427

Don,

You have brought to our attention an excellent point about professional sports. Do we remember the XFL?

Well, the football that was played in that league may have left something to be desired, but there was one great thing about it. You were paid more (for each game) if you won the game. Which the last time I checked, was the whole idea of playing sports--playing to win!!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
xc1427 said:
Don,

You have brought to our attention an excellent point about professional sports. Do we remember the XFL?

Well, the football that was played in that league may have left something to be desired, but there was one great thing about it. You were paid more (for each game) if you won the game. Which the last time I checked, was the whole idea of playing sports--playing to win!!!

The main goal of many if not most football players isto do well individually whiledoing everything possible to avoidinjury so as to keep the paychecks coming for as long as possible. How the team does is of considerably less importanceto that mindset.

xc1427

To everyone:

I have just completed the QB ratings for the following (I love the QB rating--the most unforgiving statistic in sports):

All white quarterbacks who have played this season:

COMATT YDSTDS INTQB Rating

52738709&nbs p;6004434125 582.1174

All black quarterbacks who have played this season:

997178 41204474&nbs p;5477.9989

This week's starters--White

46267559&nbs p;5240431721 683.5998

This week's starters--Black

510&nb sp;943585835 31&nbs p;71.7104

The grading curve that I have used for several years is as follows:

A=100.00 or greater
B=90.00
C=82.00 (league average)
D=75.00
F=69.99 or less

Have fun with this ladies and gentlemen!!!

xc1427

By the way, I don't know how I screwed up the QB ratings post, but at least the numbers go posted.
smiley18.gif