Billy Miller?

Johnny

Colonel_Reb said:
He's got something way back, but he also has freckles. He seemed to be treated white to me, but thats just my opinion.

Miller_Billy.jpg

For me or anyone else to more accurately pin point his race, it would help if he had his hair grown out.

cslewis1

Guru
backrow said:
lol, true that Col. i just go by my gut instinct and by how general public media perceives the guy.

hence: Tedy Bruschi - white but Tony Dungy clearly black.

one drop "rule" is just stupid, imo

I agree with Backrow 100% here. I could care less about one drop of anything, but does this guy advance our cause in sports? heck no, he is too non-white.

But again, in the overall scheme of things, I'll still take David Robinson over Jason Williams 100% of the time. The simple fact that there is a culture behind the skin and that culture needs to be respected.

The Jason Williams types will be the first to slit the throats of their own kind as a way to prove themselves to the other side. Seen it happen a million times. Our "brothers" jump their own in order to gain "cred" with the blacks.
No way I can support those who abandon the culture, even if they look more like me.

JD074

Master
C Darwin said:
In the situations of interracial children, a person should be (and is) allowed to decide what race they will affiliate with.

You can't decide your genetics.

I don't give credit to the one drop rule, but I do give credit to the one check rule.

I don't believe in the one drop rule either; that's too strict. But the ethnicity of the parents and grandparents is important, in my opinion.

Using media portrayal as a means to determine races may not be the best tool.

I agree. Genetics is better.

JD074

Master
white tornado said:
You can't have any non Europen traits and by white. You can have had a non european ancester in the past as long as it was far enough in the past were the genes are wiped out by the Eureopean genes.

You can be black and conforn to white culture but your still black.

I agree 100%.

Bart

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
hence: Tedy Bruschi - white but Tony Dungy clearly black.

From what I've read, Tedy Bruschi is Italian and Filipino. In Dungy's case,a black mixture is generally perceived to be far less acceptable than any other.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ignore it? How? It seems to follow me everywhere I post.
smiley36.gif

Alpha Male

Mentor
White Tornado:

"Well I'm no longer white because I once checked black on a test.( It was for an armed forces aptitud test that I purposely bombed)"

HAHAHA
smiley36.gif
That's hilarious!!!

Colonel_Reb said:
He's got something way back, but he also has freckles. He seemed to be treated white to me, but thats just my opinion.

Miller_Billy.jpg

You can definitely tell he's black. He looks looks like Ian Johnson and Ron Howard fused into one. In New Jersey there a group of people called the "Jackson-Whites", and judging by this picture, he could be one of them and I'll explain why.

They are the decendents of a mixed-race group of people comprised of White, black and Native American blood. It is said that during the Revolutionary War, very Nordic-looking Hessian soldiers fooled around with some of the female slaves. The clashing of the two very opposite genes pools, in addition to the Native Indian blood, caused the people of this bloodline to have irregular skin and facial features. An example would be White blotches on the skin or two different color eyes, such as one green and one brown. The freckles on Mr. Miller's face are also a common physical trait of the Jackson-Whites. I can't tell because his head is shaved, but it looks as if he has reddish colored hair as well. If I were to see him walking around Northern NJ, the first thing to enter my mind would be "Jackson-White".

Jackson-Whites tend to live in their own community in the Ramapo Mountains in Northern NJ. Because of thier sometimes odd appearances, they rarely socialize outside of their communities. There are several articles on them, and I'll dig one or two up and post them.Edited by: Ground Fighter

Ground Fighter said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Miller_Billy.jpg

You can definitely tell he's black. He looks looks like Ian Johnson and Ron Howard fused into one. In New Jersey there a group of people called the "Jackson-Whites", and judging by this picture, he could be one of them and I'll explain why.

They are the decendents of a mixed-race group of people comprised of White, black and Native American blood. It is said that during the Revolutionary War, very Nordic-looking Hessian soldiers fooled around with some of the female slaves. The clashing of the two very opposite genes pools, in addition to the Native Indian blood, caused the people of this bloodline to have irregular skin and facial features. An example would be White blotches on the skin or two different color eyes, such as one green and one brown. The freckles on Mr. Miller's face are also a common physical trait of the Jackson-Whites. I can't tell because his head is shaved, but it looks as if he has reddish colored hair as well. If I were to see him walking around Northern NJ, the first thing to enter my mind would be "Jackson-White".

Jackson-Whites tend to live in their own community in the Ramapo Mountains in Northern NJ. Because of thier sometimes odd appearances, they rarely socialize outside of their communities. There are several articles on them, and I'll dig one or two up and post them.

Here's a link to one of the articles:

http://www.bearsystems.com/JacksonWhites/JacksonWhites.htm

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Miller_Billy.jpg

Jackson-Whites tend to live in their own community in the Ramapo Mountains in Northern NJ. Because of thier sometimes odd appearances, they rarely socialize outside of their communities. There are several articles on them, and I'll dig one or two up and post them.
I have heard of them. I have read about triracial people from the south who have in the past claimed to be white who are part of a Native tribe called the Lumbee tribe. Supposedly Heather Locklear is half Lumbee on her fathers side.

white is right said:
I have heard of them. I have read about triracial people from the south who have in the past claimed to be white who are part of a Native tribe called the Lumbee tribe. Supposedly Heather Locklear is half Lumbee on her fathers side.

Actress Rebecca Gayheart falls under that same category. She's a native of either Tennessee or Kentucky and is part Cherokee as well. I doubt that she is part black, but you can defintely see the Cherokee blood in her.

She is BEYOND beautiful though.
smiley17.gif

www.tv.com/rebecca-gayheart/person/2480/summary.html

Edited by: Ground Fighter

Triad

Mentor
Rebecca looks white, Billy is not even close.

This - who's black/who's white -debate has overshadowed some good sports threads (i.e. Boise State). I believe Happy Hour is a much more applicable place for this topic. I had intended on starting a thread on this topic but in my absence an appropriate thread is in progress.

Several times we've had posters commend or applaud an athlete's accomplishments who is obviously not white. IMO, there are enough great white athletes still out there where we don't have to grab onto the accomplishments of those who are "almost" white. We're not that desperate.

Being white is a combination of genetics and behavior. I'm with the group that believes genetics is by far the greater determinant. Most of the athletes discussed appear to have one parent or at least one grandparent in question so the "one drop" rule is not even in play.