Another PR/Publicity Stunt By NASCAR

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Yet another NASCAR stunt to drum up ratings & expand their "market" (to include pervents & femi-fascists). :dodgy:

Former Price is Right model to make NASCAR debut Saturday

By Nick Bromberg

Canadian driver Maryeve Dufault will make her NASCAR debut on Saturday in the Nationwide Series Napa Auto Parts 200 at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Dufault, who started racing in the ARCA Series this year, was a model on the Price is Right and according to IMDB, was a player for the New York Euphoria in the 2005 Lingerie Bowl.
Dufualt has said that she used the money she earned from modeling to pay for tires and equipment so that she could go race.

Dufault, 29, has made 12 starts in ARCA in 2011 with one top 10, a 10th place finish at Chicagoland Speedway. She'll be driving the No. 81 for MacDonald Motorsports and is one of numerous Canadian drivers entered in Saturday's race in the series that is most commonly referred to as the AAA to the Sprint Cup's Major League.
She will also become the first Canadian woman in NASCAR when the green flag drops on Saturday.

Plus, it will be Dufault's chance to race against Danica Patrick for the first time. Patrick, who is running a partial Nationwide Series schedule this season before her anticipated move to the series full-time in 2012, is running this weekend's event in Montreal as the Izod IndyCar Series is off.

And while it may appear that Dufault is just profiting on her good looks to break into NASCAR, she has more credentials than other female drivers who have raced in the Nationwide Series this year. Will she be a contender for the win on Saturday? No. But she's not being set up for embarrassment either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog...-model-to-make-NASCAR-debut?urn=nascar-wp3160

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's that outrageous for NASCAR to try and bump popularity by adding some celebrity drivers. Maybe it's the dirty old man in me talking but there are a lot of cars out there and once in a while if they toss a spot to someone to help with publicity I don't think you can blame them. Part of the popularity of motorsports is the personality and image of the drivers so a hot chick is not going to hurt in that regard. Is her car number going to be 69? :wink:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
And just like that, here is another announcement that will surely make Dixie's day. Everyone's favorite "Go Daddy" driver will be making the switch to NASCAR full-time! I don't know about this Maryeve chick and if she's any good or not, but at least Ms. Patrick is a decent 2nd tier driver. She gets far more credit than she deserves, but like jaxvid notes, she adds entertainment value and marketing dollars to the sport.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
And just like that, here is another announcement that will surely make Dixie's day. Everyone's favorite "Go Daddy" driver will be making the switch to NASCAR full-time! I don't know about this Maryeve chick and if she's any good or not, but at least Ms. Patrick is a decent 2nd tier driver. She gets far more credit than she deserves, but like jaxvid notes, she adds entertainment value and marketing dollars to the sport.

I think it's a good businees move for her. And NASCAR. There are a lot of woman at NASCAR events, and a lot of women fans, why not appeal to that segment? It's good business. It's not like forcing blacks in when blacks don't have any interest in the sport and it would just turn off the existing base. I think she's overrated but what the heck-it will help the sport and I doubt there is going to be any AA changes made to the rules for her.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I agree with you jax, I'd much rather watch an interview with Danica or this Maryeve chick than Jimmy Johnson.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Neither one of these 2 skirts deserves or has earned their "spot"...whereas there's a ton of dirt track drivers busting their @$$es for years to get the call-up to NASCAR...only to have some (overhyped) broad steal their spot. If NASCAR plays it straight...neither one of these dames will make a dent (but rather be tearing thru engines, tires & car$ like $#it thru a goose).

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Neither one of these 2 skirts deserves or has earned there "spot"...whereas there's a ton of dirt track drivers busting their @$$es for years to get the call-up to NASCAR...only to have some (overhyped) broad steal their spot. If NASCAR plays it straight...neither one of these dames will make a dent (but rather be tearing thru engines, tires & car$ like $#it thru a goose).
Yep. But the broads will bring the buck$. A person might be inclined to compare the situation to undeserving blacks getting positions at the expense of white guys, the girls getting the driving gigs at the expense of hard-working guys making their way through the dirt ranks.

From a cultural Marxist perspective, the answer would be yes, it's the same. But from a marketing standpoint, it's markedly different. Gals bring in the bucks if they happen to be attractive (and can actually drive), which both of these are. In other sports, blacks don't necessarily wield a marketing advantage, a white player will "sell" better, see Peyton Hillis or Tim Tebow. The CS in football and basketball is purely ideaology, whereas what we see in motorsports is simply greed at its finest.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
NASCAR has always been about making the most bucks. The France family has done whatever they thought would put more seats in the stands and/or sell more products. When they started using restrictor plates, I started losing interest in their "product." So much for real racing. Screw them and their association.

Claimjumper

Mentor
She very nearly caused a multi car wreck today. She spun out on her own, tried to spin it back around straight and stopped right in the middle of the track because she couldnt get her car turned around