Ann Coulter

KG2422

Mentor
We have been divided before on our opinions of Ann, but her latest makes her seem like she's one of us.

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

BUSH'S AMERICA: ROACH MOTEL
June 6, 2007

Republicans' defense of President Bush's immigration bill is more enraging than their defense of Harriet Miers. Back then, Bush's conservative base was accused of being sexist for opposing an unqualified woman's nomination to the highest court in the land. Now we're racists for not wanting to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.

I don't know why conservatives like Linda Chavez have to argue like liberals by smearing their opponents as racists. Oh wait, now I remember! Their arguments are as strong as liberals' arguments usually are.

Apart from abortion, no subject produces so much disingenuousness as America's immigration policy, both legal and illegal. For nearly 50 years, Americans have been intentionally lied to about our immigration laws.

In 1965, Teddy Kennedy overhauled immigration law with the specific purpose of effecting a dramatic change in the nation's demographics. Bobby Kennedy had civil rights, so Teddy needed something big: He would preside over a civil rights bill for the entire Third World! My word, but that man could drink in those days.

With his 1965 immigration act, Kennedy embarked on entirely transforming American culture for no good reason. (You know how people always say the same arguments against illegal immigrants today were once made about the Irish to show how silly those arguments are? If only the U.S. Senate had had an "Irish Need Not Apply" sign!)

Until that point, immigration law basically took a laissez-faire approach, with country quotas attempting to replicate the traditional immigration patterns. Most immigrants to America had historically come from Great Britain, Germany and Scandinavian countries. Consequently, immigration quotas roughly reflected that balance, with smaller numbers of immigrants admitted from other countries.

But in an angry, long-awaited payback to WASPs, Kennedy decided he was going to radically transform the racial composition of the country. Instead of taking 15 immigrants from England and three from China, America would henceforth take three from England and 15 from China. Payback's a bitch, Daughters of the American Revolution!

Some of those hardworking immigrants who just want a chance to succeed were arrested in a plot to blow up JFK Airport last week.

Most immigrants still come from a handful of countries; Kennedy simply changed which countries those would be. In 2005, according to the Department of Homeland Security, the overwhelming majority of immigrants came from only 10 countries, none of which had sent a lot of immigrants to America for the country's first 200 years: Mexico (161,445), India (84,681), China (69,967), the Philippines (60,748), Cuba (36,261), Vietnam (32,784), the Dominican Republic (27,504), Korea (26,562), Colombia (25,571) and Ukraine (22,761).

In 1960, whites were 90 percent of the country. The Census Bureau recently estimated that whites already account for less than two-thirds of the population and will be a minority by 2050. Other estimates put that day much sooner.

One may assume the new majority will not be such compassionate overlords as the white majority has been. If this sort of drastic change were legally imposed on any group other than white Americans, it would be called genocide. Yet whites are called racists merely for mentioning the fact that current immigration law is intentionally designed to reduce their percentage in the population.

We needed to have "more discussion" about Iraq for nearly two years before finally invading. When will we be allowed to begin discussion of a government policy enacted by stealth 40 years ago specifically intended to decimate one particular ethnic group in our own country?

If liberals think Iraqis are genetically incapable of pulling off even the most rudimentary form of democracy, why do they believe 50 million Mexicans will magically become good Americans, imbued in the nation's history and culture, upon crossing the Rio Grande? Maybe we should dunk Iraqis in the Rio and see what happens.

And as long as we're adopting an open borders policy for immigration, how about opening the borders for emigration? As it stands, anyone can come in and start plotting terrorist attacks or collecting government services right away. But the rest of us can never escape having to pay for it.

You can leave the country, you can renounce your citizenship â€â€￾ but you still owe taxes for 10 years. The government does not allow us to stop supporting welfare recipients in America, millions more of whom it plans to import under Bush's bill. That's not a free market â€â€￾ it's a roach motel.

If these free-marketeers at The Wall Street Journal want the free movement of people, how about letting us freely leave after they've wrecked the country?

In Samuel P. Huntington's book "Who Are We: The Challenges to America's National Identity," he asks: "Would America be the America it is today if in the 17th and 18th centuries it had been settled not by British Protestants but by French, Spanish or Portuguese Catholics? The answer is no. It would not be America; it would be Quebec, Mexico or Brazil."

I don't want to live in Mexico, Quebec or Brazil. But now I guess I have no choice, since "open borders" means I can never leave.

Edited by: KG2422

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting this KG, I read this article earlier today but didn't have a chance to post it.

Ann is riding the wave. Anti-immigrant sentiments, affirmative action, media bias, and a sellout Congress are bringing more and more people out of the woodwork to speak out on subjects that involve race.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
On the surface, Ann makes alotta good points. However, she fully perpetuates the phony left/right paradigm to deepen her pockets. She has too much NeoCON in her for my liking (like her pal "Pawn Vanity").

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the post KG2422. I have a subscription to her column and I forwarded it to a few friends yesterday. Awesome article.

Angelcynn

Guru
We in the UK are in the same situation, we have no control over our borders. What really annoys me is the media frenzy that evolves when someone speaks out against immigration and is instantly labelled a racist. What I find most annoying is how the people who are indigenous to the UK (that includes people with Celtic, Roman, viking, Normanic and even Huguenot backgrounds) who have been here for hundreds of years and have built this union of countries to what it is today, can be called a racist for just mentioning something about immigration. Newspapers are now constantly mentioning new facts and figures about immigration and keep writing articles on how much of our culture we've lost in the last 25 years or so, yet no one reacts to change anything, especially the politicians who sit tight lipped in fear of losing their jobs. Crime is spiriling out of control, our jails have never been so fullup, more and more people are on the walfare state (middle class taxation rising and rising to pay for them), the UK as everyone knows it is starting to crumble quicker than ever. Scotland wants independence, Wales couldn't give a damn about being part of the UK either and Northern Ireland has always been confused. As for England, it just aint England no more (most city centres are unrecognizable). Number 1 reason for this downfall, the continuation of constant heavey IMMIGRATION! We're only a small island!

Times are odd when I find myself agreeing with Ann Coulter multiple times in a row ...

That's the closest thing to white nationalism in mainstram media that I have ever seen.

Poacher

Mentor
It is definately a good article but I'll be a believer when she starts criticizing blacks and the chosen ones. As it stands now she will only criticize mexicans and muslims.

KG2422

Mentor
TheEnglishman said:
We in the UK are in the same situation, we have no control over our borders. What really annoys me is the media frenzy that evolves when someone speaks out against immigration and is instantly labelled a racist. What I find most annoying is how the people who are indigenous to the UK (that includes people with Celtic, Roman, viking, Normanic and even Huguenot backgrounds) who have been here for hundreds of years and have built this union of countries to what it is today, can be called a racist for just mentioning something about immigration. Newspapers are now constantly mentioning new facts and figures about immigration and keep writing articles on how much of our culture we've lost in the last 25 years or so, yet no one reacts to change anything, especially the politicians who sit tight lipped in fear of losing their jobs. Crime is spiriling out of control, our jails have never been so fullup, more and more people are on the walfare state (middle class taxation rising and rising to pay for them), the UK as everyone knows it is starting to crumble quicker than ever. Scotland wants independence, Wales couldn't give a damn about being part of the UK either and Northern Ireland has always been confused. As for England, it just aint England no more (most city centres are unrecognizable). Number 1 reason for this downfall, the continuation of constant heavey IMMIGRATION! We're only a small island!

I hope the UK breaks up and England votes BNP. I would welcome Scottish independence. That is what nationalism is about. I guess the BNP would eventually become the ENP (English National Party).

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
It is definately a good article but I'll be a believer when she starts criticizing blacks and the chosen ones. As it stands now she will only criticize mexicans and muslims.

Hey man, gotta start somewhere!
smiley2.gif

Angelcynn

Guru
KG2422, I think the main reason why the Scots want to become independent is because they don't want an immigration policy like Englands, a decision I respect but dissapointing to see the once 'Great' Britain fall apart. As for the BNP, I agree and disagree with them on many issues, but they are finding it harder and harder to exercise free speech due to the country becoming way too left wing. There will probably be white flight to Scotland in the future like there is to Australia right now. England is doomed like the USA but you in the USA have much more land so it's easier for you to escape the deep seeded urban decay, it's much harder for us on our tiny island.

KG2422

Mentor
TheEnglishman said:
KG2422, I think the main reason why the Scots want to become independent is because they don't want an immigration policy like Englands, a decision I respect but dissapointing to see the once 'Great' Britain fall apart. As for the BNP, I agree and disagree with them on many issues, but they are finding it harder and harder to exercise free speech due to the country becoming way too left wing. There will probably be white flight to Scotland in the future like there is to Australia right now. England is doomed like the USA but you in the USA have much more land so it's easier for you to escape the deep seeded urban decay, it's much harder for us on our tiny island.

That lack of ability to escape may force the people to awaken. I hope so. England is very important to the West.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I would like to see the UK dissolve because I would like to see England, Scotland, and Wales be recognized as their own respective sovergn nations as well as the recognition of their own respective cultures. Northern Ireland can then reunite with their bretheren from the southern part of the island, and Scotland could re-adopt Gaelic as their official language and Wales could bring back the Welsh language. This is the way it was meant to be. This balkanization that has gone on in the US and the UK will prove to be their downfallEdited by: Lance Alworth

Lance Alworth said:
I would like to see the UK dissolve because I would like to see England, Scotland, and Wales be recognized as their own respective sovergn nations as well as the recognition of their own respective cultures. Northern Ireland can then reunite with their bretheren from the southern part of the island, and Scotland could re-adopt Gaelic as their official language and Wales could bring back the Welsh language. This is the way it was meant to be. This balkanization that has gone on in the US and the UK will prove to be their downfall

The Welsh might be able to pull of Welsh as their language, but most Scots speak Scots, not Gaelic. There's very little interest in many polls for learning Gaelic, and Scotland only recently established its first Gaelic immersion high school, and has what? One Gaelic speaking college? Both of these, IIRC, are on Skye. The Highlands are rather different than the Lowlands, and so are the cultures and languages.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Arent there are two types of Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic and Irish Gaelic? Isn't Scottish Gaelic Scotlands native tongue originally or is Scots a different language altogether from Scottish Gaelic?

Lance Alworth said:
Arent there are two types of Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic and Irish Gaelic? Isn't Scottish Gaelic Scotlands native tongue originally or is Scots a different language altogether from Scottish Gaelic?

Scottish Gaelic is slightly different from Irish Gaelic. The modern day Highlanders are typically of Irish ancestory; they moved to Scotland and wiped out the Picts, a very few of which survive. Scots is a Germanic/English based dialect spoken in the Lowlands and by the Orangemen. The Scots do learn formal Anglo-English in the classroom, or at least used to.

I still have family on Skye, and am only 3rd gen American on my mother's side. Don't worry, they came legally.
smiley17.gif

cslewis1

Guru
InfamousOne said:
Times are odd when I find myself agreeing with Ann Coulter multiple times in a row ...

That's the closest thing to white nationalism in mainstram media that I have ever seen.

Buchanan has had some pretty strong pro-white stuff too, and he is still on MSNBC. The times are changing, slowly, but slowly people are finally waking up indeed.