Andrei Arlovski. Half Cuban?

aussieaussie

Hello, I had a question that I have been wanting to ask about Andre Arlovski. I enjoy mma such as Pride and UFC but I can tell from previous postings from other posters at this site that there are some here that follow it and are more knowledgable about the fighters and what not than I am. I work with a white Cuban and about a week ago or so we were discussing the UFC. I had not known that he was into that up until then because although we are friendly with each other we never really talk for long periods of time. Anyway to get to the point; he told me that Andrei Arlovski is half Cuban. He said that Arlovski's dad was stationed in Cuba back in the day and met Arlovski's mom. They got married and live in Beylorus. I was wondering if anybody here has heard of this? Not that it matters to me at this point. I like Arlovski alot and consider him white anyway but I was just curious. P.S. I would ask the question at another forum but I believe this is probably the only place I could ask such a question and get the truth.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If his mother is a 'white' Cuban (Spanish), what difference does it make?

And does it surprise you that your friend, who is a 'white' Cuban himself, would claim Arlovski as his own, even if he isn't?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
He's supposed to fight Pe De Pano in December sometime, I think on the Sylvia-Monson undercard.