All-Purpose Back -- Hunter Lee

I just looked at the map on Rivals, he is from right smack in the middle of Dallas metro area which meanshe probably put up those numbers against really good competition. Yet, Rivals has him unranked and lists zero FBS offers--I'm suprised(sarcasm).

What's the matter with you, Deadlift? Comparing a WhiteRB to Ray Rice...You're not allowed to compare a White athlete to a black one, haven't you read the rules? The only appropriate comparison is Danny Woodhead, or you could always go with the Rivals/Scout/ESPN ace in the hole white RB comparison, Brian Leonard (more sarcasm by the way).

EDIT TO ADD: Those are ridiculous numbers! His YPCarry AVG PLUS his rushing yards PLUShis receiving yards PLUS receptions PLUS TDS are just off the charts!!! It took a second to truelyprocess all the way, its late....Edited by: Toby Hillis

snow

Mentor
Definetly could see him putting up Ray Rice numbers. Like you mentioned this kid plays in the Dallas area, on a 5A team, correct me if Im wrong but I think that is the highest level of competition in Texas.

You would think at least SMU would offer, with the success of Zach Line and him being the only player to crack 1,000 yards in June Jone's system. He would fit the run and shoot perfect since he is already running out of shotgun and pistol formations and is a great receiver out of the backfield. I mean he is right there, already in the Dallas area, hard to miss him.

Of course Mack Brown will ignore him just like Burkhead, McGuffie, Swope etc.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Lee's Scout profile lists SMU, Rice and Boise State.. but ZERO offers. Here's their write-up:

Okay sized running back, he is not particularly big though. Plays hard each play and has a real feel on how to run the ball and an uncanny ability to know when to cut back. Also does a stutter step when in traffic and that allows defenders to overrun the play. Great hands, he is another receiver in the backfield.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4988665

He does have a NICE stutter step!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hmmm ... Scout has him running a 4.60 40 and said his areas for improvement were breakaway speed (no one in his 2010 highlight video was able to catch him from behind) and tackle-breaking ability (he routinely broke 2, 3, and sometimes 4 tackles per highlight). that's "weird," especially since Rivals has him running a 4.49 40 with a 36-inch vertical at 5-foot-11, 198-pounds.

at face value, those seem like pretty explosive numbers for a back with ideal size and production (over 2,800 combined yards rushing/receiving and 34 touchdowns as a senior) in such a highly competitive football conference. it's a shame he has that debilitating skin condition ... otherwise, he might actually have some talent.

as things are, i can easily see why Lee is a Zero-Star prospect with zero scholarship offers. because coaches want the best players available and don't see color. it's obvious there is no Caste System. talent is all that matters. go back to believing it's a level playing field for everyone. pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood said:
hmmm ... Scout has him running a 4.60 40 and said his areas for improvement were breakaway speed (no one in his 2010 highlight video was able to catch him from behind) and tackle-breaking ability (he routinely broke 2, 3, and sometimes 4 tackles per highlight). that's "weird," especially since Rivals has him running a 4.49 40 with a 36-inch vertical at 5-foot-11, 198-pounds.

at face value, those seem like pretty explosive numbers for a back with ideal size and production (over 2,800 combined yards rushing/receiving and 34 touchdowns as a senior) in such a highly competitive football conference. it's a shame he has that debilitating skin condition ... otherwise, he might actually have some talent.

as things are, i can easily see why Lee is a Zero-Star prospect with zero scholarship offers. because coaches want the best players available and don't see color. it's obvious there is no Caste System. talent is all that matters. go back to believing it's a level playing field for everyone. pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
smiley2.gif

Plus, a 3.8(!!!) short shuttle time. If that's even close to accurate, the fact that he's been ignored this much is even more mind-boggling.