A question for Don Wassall

jcolec02

Mentor
I was wondering if site traffic has went down in the last 6 months or so, it seems like there aren't as many posts as a year or two ago. If so what would the reason be? I thought the site was growing for awhile there.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't know what you're seeing, dude. every time i log on, there are several members logged in. there are always a ton of visitors perusing the site, as well.

from everything i can see, Caste Football is growing rapidly.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The average number of daily unique visitors has more than doubled in the past six months. Posting is up as well. The two go hand in hand.
The World Cup thread from 2006 had 82 posts and 3,864 views. Compare that to 987 and 25,606 for this year's event. The Track section has really been humming. There's very rarely a slow day on the board anymore and the rate of new people registering has picked up considerably the past couple of months.

Don't know what you're seeing there jcolec, but it reminds me of the poster who returned after a several month absence byannouncinghow slow the board had become (because ofhis absence presumably).
smiley17.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have to agree. The board has been great. I want to thank alot of you fellow members for helping to support the track board. Other than baseball & golf, the summer is pretty slow. I love athletics and it really helps the time fly by until football. If I had to pick my two favorite sports it would be football and then track.

Great to see the board growing. I look forward to the day when we have 100,000 members or more.

jcolec02

Mentor
I don't know, maybe its because guys like white savage and groundfighter aren't on here as much and they were two of my favorite posters... I am glad to hear the site is doing so good recently.
smiley16.gif

jcolec02

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Groundfighter hasn't signed in for over a year.
Yeah I seen that. He was really smart and had alot of good perspective since he was around my age. (early 20's) Wish he would come back.
smiley6.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey jcolec02. Have you tried recruiting some of your friends to come here. Let everyone you know about his board. Don even has business cards that people can hand out for a minimal fee. They are well worth it. If you go to a UFC Fight, or a ball game, you can hand them out or put some on the cars windshields. We can make this site grow through word of mouth and flyers, business cards, etc. Glad to have you here bro.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Caste Football is the best sports site on the web (bar none) & one of the best/my favorite sites on the internet. Thanks to Don, JaxVid, WL, JC, Col.Reb, Thrashen, RSLB, G301 & all the great posters here for doing an outstanding job!
smiley1.gif
smiley20.gif

Don Wassall said:
The average number of daily unique visitors has more than doubled in the past six months.  Posting is up as well.  The two go hand in hand.
<div>The World Cup thread from 2006 had 82 posts and 3,864 views.  Compare that to 987 and 25,606 for this year's event.  The Track section has really been humming.  There's very rarely a slow day on the board anymore and the rate of new people registering has picked up considerably the past couple of months.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Don't know what you're seeing there jcolec, but it reminds me of the poster who returned after a several month absence by announcing how slow the board had become (because of his absence presumably). 
smiley17.gif
</div>
After Christophe Lemaitre ran the 9.98 i believe we've been getting a lot of new french members...........

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Like others, I've noticed that the site tends to pick up in a big way during NFL season, or whenever a major event is happening (a big boxing bout, MMA match, NBA or MLB playoffs, etc.) but is quiet during other parts of the year, insofar as huge numbers of new posts are concerned. I can only speak of my own experience, but I visit this website several times each week, and often multiple times on the same day, even though I don't really post that many things. It's just interesting reading. I gather that a lot of people "lurk" and silently agree with things that are going on (or disagree in a major way), then after something controversial or spectacular happens, they get inspired to register with the site, and well there you go.

jcolec02

Mentor
Man I havent thought of that, thats a damn good idea...maybe ill post a link on my facebook page!!!
smiley17.gif
Edited by: jcolec02

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
When I signed up about a year and a half ago, I was able to read every post when I logged in. Now, a lot of the time, there are too many posts too read sometimes, and I end up missing some.
smiley6.gif
Another thing I noticed that Don pointed out, I always see around 30-40 guests on this site at a given time, and there are always at least 1-3 members logged in. As other members pointed out, the site picks up a lot around the start of the NFL and College Football seasons, (or whenever a major event like the World Cup comes along.) I'm glad to see the site growing so much.

The Hock

Master
I check the site every day. I've always wanted to keep up on how white athletes are doing.

Speaking of posters gone missing, whatever happened to White Shogun?

jcolec02

Mentor
The Hock said:
I check the site every day. I've always wanted to keep up on how white athletes are doing.

Speaking of posters gone missing, whatever happened to White Shogun?
I'm pretty sure he is still around, I have seen his posts here recently...

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
For years I was able to read nearly every post made on this site...but now I simply can't keep up.

My sentiments exactly. I have to pick and choose more carefully now what forums I have time to read because I have no time now to read them all. So the site is clearly growing because I used to be able to come on this site after a 24 hour absence and read every post made since then in about a half hour, not possible anymore.

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Caste Football is the best sports site on the web (bar none) & one of the best/my favorite sites on the internet. Thanks to Don, JaxVid, WL, JC, Col.Reb, Thrashen, RSLB, G301 & all the great posters here for doing an outstanding job!
smiley1.gif
smiley20.gif

Thanks Dixie, Caste Football wouldn't be the same without you.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
jcolec02 said:
I don't know, maybe its because guys like white savage and groundfighter aren't on here as much and they were two of my favorite posters... I am glad to hear the site is doing so good recently.
smiley16.gif

White Savage made a rare post yesterday, and White Shogun has been around recently for the first time in a long time.

If youfollow other discussion boards, that's the nature of them -- people come and go, including stalwart posters. Sometimes they come back sometimes they don't. Life situations change, interest levels, etc. Many are struggling in the current Depression and don't have time to post. Others are just irregular posters, some are infrequent posters, and the majority are lurkers who like to read what others write but don't have the inclination to post themselves.

We've had a lot of terrific posters here who don't post anymore. CF would really be something if they were still here, but we're doing well and keep adding new quality posters.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That is exactly right, Don. Although I will often drop by the site and skim the boards, I haven't had much time recently to post much, and I'm sure that many others are in similar situations. I've been working hard to pay the bills (I'm not qualified for any Obama assistance programs like WIC or EBT) and I've been working hard with my 13 year-old son who has been in many football camps recently. So my postings are minimal these days, yet I keep up with the boards and I see a great deal more activity this year than last during the "off season". Incidentally, my kid was too talented for his age group at a recent full-contact camp, so they had to move him up to the high-school level, and he still earned the starting positions at tailback AND cornerback, in spite of his skin condition, and the fact that he was 4-5 year younger (and lighter) than the competing affletes (and others).
smiley1.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Incidentally, my kid was too talented for his age group at a recent full-contact camp, so they had to move him up to the high-school level, and he still earned the starting positions at tailback AND cornerback, in spite of his skin condition, and the fact that he was 4-5 year younger (and lighter) than the competing affletes (and others).
smiley1.gif

Awesome! Congrats on that. Best of luck to your son. They'll have a hard time "casting" him with your guardianship. If informing fathers on how to help their sons with the caste system is the only thing this site ever does then it will be a success.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
FootballDad said:
Incidentally, my kid was too talented for his age group at a recent full-contact camp, so they had to move him up to the high-school level, and he still earned the starting positions at tailback AND cornerback, in spite of his skin condition, and the fact that he was 4-5 year younger (and lighter) than the competing affletes (and others).
smiley1.gif

Awesome! Congrats on that. Best of luck to your son. They'll have a hard time "casting" him with your guardianship. If informing fathers on how to help their sons with the caste system is the only thing this site ever does then it will be a success.

well said, jaxvid. and i second that.
smiley20.gif

keep up the good work, FootballDad. and please keep us posted on how your son is doing.