2024 Wisconsin Badgers

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Year 2 of Fickell era. Another transfer QB, in Tyler Van Dyke. Besides that still a Snow Plow, but only 2 honkeys on Defense. Though Safety Hunter Wohler is a good one.

Since 2016 Wisconsin has started 14,12,12,12, 14, 16, 12,10, and Looks like 8 this year.

OFFENSE

QB Tyler Van Dyke. *5th year And Miami Transfer. Hoping to recapture his early career mojo.

LT Jack Nelson RSR. 6'7 310 * Has a mean streak but needs to polish up his pass protection and dumb penalties.

LG Joe Brunner RSO. 6'5 313

C Jake Renfro RSR. 6'4 305

RG Joe Huber RSR. 6'5 311

RT Riley Mahlmann RJR. 6'8 310 *Excellent pair with Nelson.

DEFENSE

NT Ben Barten RSR. 6'5 305 *Rare OL to DL switch.

SS Hunter Wohler RSR. 6'2 215 * Stud SS. Harrison Smith with less speed?!

Key Backups: QB Braeden Locke, RB Cade Yacamelli, TE Tucker Ashcraft OLs Kevin Haywood, JP Benzschawel, Kerry Kodanko, James Durand, Brett Nelson, and Leyton Nelson. DE Cade McDonald, MLB Tackett Curtis, MLB Christian Alliegro, and oft injured OLB Aaron Witt. At Safety Preston Zachman should rotate in, but has been injured in Spring Ball.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A sad decline by one of the teams that fought back against the Caste System for as long as I have been a member of this site. I do hope Van Dyke has a good season - Miami screwed him over. Wouldn't be the worst thing if he ended up having a Russell Wilson like ending to his career at Wisconsin after transfering from the ACC. Hopefully Nelson can play well and help his draft stock and we see Barten and Wohler emerge as prospects as well. Hard to believe that their are no projected starting White LBs either. Fickell is pathetic but then again so is pretty much every head football coach from high school on up to the NFL.

Yet another college football preview cycle is coming up. I'll probably get that thread started up in June to start getting volunteers.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Sad decline indeed. Know it's a bit early, but UWs 2 deep seemed pretty set in stone.