2024 UDFA Signings Thread

jphoss

Mentor
35 career TFL and 28 sacks in the Big Ten yet was not deemed worthy of being a draft pick. Give me a break.
Marist liufau, as a linebacker, had 22 solo tackles this past year and he gets drafted in the 3 round! While Evans and McGregor go undrafted! What a joke

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Another guy we’ve not mentioned much as far as getting screwed is former Mississippi State linebacker Jett Johnson. Johnson lead the SEC in tackles in 2022. Last year he was 2nd. He’s an all around beast who tore up the “Best Conference in College Football” but that doesn’t matter when you are White (see Schrader too). When you are black, just playing in the SEC is basically a ticket to the NFL.

Anyway, Johnson has apparently signed with the Jets and begins his up hill battle.

Warhawk_46

Master
Although I was originally happy about Steele going to KC, after sleeping on it I'm not overly optimistic about his chances. He's an inch or two shorter than Nall and 10-15 lbs. lighter and they still have him at a 4.77 40. If he ever makes a roster, I will always wonder how Nall didn't.
JFYI, Nall combine nos. 6'2,1/2- 235lbs.- 4.58 40,-4.16 20 yard shuttle. Led the NFL pre-season in rushing!
Meanwhile, ND's Audric Estime was drafted 147th.
His combine numbers:
5'11, 221 lbs.- 4.71 40 time, did not record a 20 yard shuttle, had a decent vert. 38, but very slow for a 5'11 RB
...and the BS keeps coming!!
A 38” vertical is a very good one… I believe that is what CMC had and he was one of the tops his year.

But yes, even superior white athletes get cut left and right. Steele made a rash of poor decisions and shot himself in the foot. Even if he had made better choices of school, had a dominant versus average season, there is no guarantee he gets drafted. Schrader didn’t, even after leading the SEC.

Here’s hoping Steele seizes the opportunity with the Chiefs and runs with it. Nall had the unfortunate route of signing with the odious Bears.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another guy we’ve not mentioned much as far as getting screwed is former Mississippi State linebacker Jett Johnson. Johnson lead the SEC in tackles in 2022. Last year he was 2nd. He’s an all around beast who tore up the “Best Conference in College Football” but that doesn’t matter when you are White (see Schrader too). When you are black, just playing in the SEC is basically a ticket to the NFL.

Anyway, Johnson has apparently signed with the Jets and begins his up hill battle.
I tried to find Johnson's pro day results but couldn't. There are articles about Mississippi State's pro day leading up to it, but nothing afterward that I saw and admittedly I didn't do an exhaustive search. Were Johnson's results so horrifying that he became undraftable? Again, doing some basic searches it looks like he was written off as not being NFL material even before his pro day.

Even if his RAS is on the low side, a large number of Blacks with a low RAS were drafted, and with nowhere near Johnson's production.

So outstanding production by Whites in the SEC -- the best in the conference by Johnson and Schrader -- is meaningless if they don't also run a 4.4 40. Or maybe they needed to run a 4.3. What about that "playing speed" that Daniel Jeremiah would bring up when slow blacks were taken. Isn't it as obvious as can be that Johnson and Schrader have excellent playing speed?

How many times are we told over and over about how Warren Moon was initially overlooked by the NFL despite his production at Washington, some 50 years ago. It's become part of cultural lore, the symbol of the bad old days when black quarterbacks were overlooked even when they had obvious talent. Now we have a situation where the NFL has shut out Whites at running back, wide receiver and defense in general for some 40 years but there's never a peep about it, just the annual dissembling and talking out of both sides of their mouth by "experts" and "gurus" that can be used to justify the annual racial spoils event known as the NFL Draft with its nearly identical results by race at each position year by year and decade by decade, except that the low White percentage slowly but surely continues to diminish over time.

At its root, the far left/corporate alliance has created their own form of segregation to replace "the bad old days" with Johnson and Schrader strong pieces of evidence of it, part of an overall system of racial discrimination against Whites that has mountains of evidence to support its existence, but this "new" form of segregation is more ingenious in that anyone who criticizes it is himself attacked as a "racist." Such a deal.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Redskins sign UCLA RB/TE Colson Yankoff.

Sam Hartman seems to have a solid shot at making the team as well - signed for 200k as an UDFA.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Sam Hartman seems to have a solid shot at making the team as well - signed for 200k as an UDFA.

If they give McCaffrey a solid spot at the wide receiver position and with these other moves they might be a fun team to root for.

jacque

Guru
Jayden Price, hell yeah. Most years not a single white corner is even given a tryout. We now have Bonner, DeJean, Moss, possibly Apke hitting a PS, and now Price getting signed. Before last year I think Marc Anthoney Deqoy was the last corner to even get a tryout.

Jayden Price, hell yeah. Most years not a single white corner is even given a tryout. We now have Bonner, DeJean, Moss, possibly Apke hitting a PS, and now Price getting signed. Before last year I think Marc Anthoney Deqoy was the last corner to even get a tryout.
I have to wonder if the last few years are an anomaly or represent a shift in the Caste system. More and more whites are at least getting the opportunity to play speed positions while being phased out everywhere else. For anyone who doubts the anti-white bias in the NFL, I would simply ask how whites lost the ability to play OT while simultaneously evolving enough speed to get a few bodies in at WR/CB/RB after a multi-decade drought? Or why whites have largely taken over the TE position, which actually used to be a bit less white (probably the result of slotting potential WRs and defenders)? All with the net result of maintaining the magical 20% number. None of it passes the smell test.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
BYU LB Max Tooley signed by the Texans
Cal LB Jackson Sirmon to the Jets

Jets also signed another black quarterback so they have three behind Rodgers. Soon enough Rodgers will miss Ted Thompson.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I tried to find Johnson's pro day results but couldn't. There are articles about Mississippi State's pro day leading up to it, but nothing afterward that I saw and admittedly I didn't do an exhaustive search. Were Johnson's results so horrifying that he became undraftable? Again, doing some basic searches it looks like he was written off as not being NFL material even before his pro day.

Even if his RAS is on the low side, a large number of Blacks with a low RAS were drafted, and with nowhere near Johnson's production.

So outstanding production by Whites in the SEC -- the best in the conference by Johnson and Schrader -- is meaningless if they don't also run a 4.4 40. Or maybe they needed to run a 4.3. What about that "playing speed" that Daniel Jeremiah would bring up when slow blacks were taken. Isn't it as obvious as can be that Johnson and Schrader have excellent playing speed?

How many times are we told over and over about how Warren Moon was initially overlooked by the NFL despite his production at Washington, some 50 years ago. It's become part of cultural lore, the symbol of the bad old days when black quarterbacks were overlooked even when they had obvious talent. Now we have a situation where the NFL has shut out Whites at running back, wide receiver and defense in general for some 40 years but there's never a peep about it, just the annual dissembling and talking out of both sides of their mouth by "experts" and "gurus" that can be used to justify the annual racial spoils event known as the NFL Draft with its nearly identical results by race at each position year by year and decade by decade, except that the low White percentage slowly but surely continues to diminish over time.

At its root, the far left/corporate alliance has created their own form of segregation to replace "the bad old days" with Johnson and Schrader strong pieces of evidence of it, part of an overall system of racial discrimination against Whites that has mountains of evidence to support its existence, but this "new" form of segregation is more ingenious in that anyone who criticizes it is himself attacked as a "racist." Such a deal.

I think Jett was typecast as a Free Agent signing early on. I read somewhere that he lacked the natural athleticism for his game to translate into the NFL. His 40 time was 4.7. His teammate and fellow linebacker Watson obviously had more of that natural athleticism as he got taken by Cle in the 6th.. his 40 time was 4.63..same old. .same old..

jphoss

Mentor

Another reason why I wished Steele stayed for his senior year. Hartman bagged a few million at ND, and Steele with his name and look I would think would have made more in nil than this year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Falcons with a few more signings:

QB John Paddock
TE Austin Stogner
OT Nolan Potter

Bills inviting a few Whiteys to minicamp:
QB – Gunnar Watson
TE – Mason Fairchild
OL – Michael Furtney
DT – Jack Daly

Oregon St LB – John McCartan has a few minicamp invites - Bears/Ravens

Detroit invites Hillsdale RB Michael Herzog to minicamp

Miami invites RB Samson Evans to minicamp

Patriots invite Boston College DB John Pupel to minicamp

Giants invite Oregon DT Casey Rogers to minicamp - isn't it odd how the only players from Michigan and Oregon that seemed to go undrafted were White?

Titans sign
  • WR – Sam Schnee, Northern Iowa

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another reason why I wished Steele stayed for his senior year. Hartman bagged a few million at ND, and Steele with his name and look I would think would have made more in nil than this year.

I do wonder if White players actually think they are getting a fair shot come draft time myself. Steele would have more than likely split carries again in his senior year but would have certainly made some NIL money. It's a shame these guys are not probably aware of Ryan Nall, Max Borghi, Zach Zenner, Tyler Varga etc. and the discrimination they faced.

Warhawk_46

Master
I do wonder if White players actually think they are getting a fair shot come draft time myself. Steele would have more than likely split carries again in his senior year but would have certainly made some NIL money. It's a shame these guys are not probably aware of Ryan Nall, Max Borghi, Zach Zenner, Tyler Varga etc. and the discrimination they faced.
I have to think they aren’t that stupid. They are athletes - they play against countless blacks and dominate them day in and day out. They know they are just as physically talented as their darker teammates.

But they also know not to rock the boat. To play the game.

It would be refreshing if any of them and then all of them would speak out.

jphoss

Mentor
And I believe our predisposition to be unafraid of competition can lead them into making these decisions. Our guys are true competitors who believe if they just get a shot their ability and talent will win out, however, we all know there is no such thing as a meritocracy in sports nowadays. Just institutionalized discrimination against whites.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
And I believe our predisposition to be unafraid of competition can lead them into making these decisions. Our guys are true competitors who believe if they just get a shot their ability and talent will win out, however, we all know there is no such thing as a meritocracy in sports nowadays. Just institutionalized discrimination against whites.
Valid point. When the cards arent stacked against us, no doubt we can overcome pretty much anything. Hence weaponizing society against us.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I think it usually boils down to advice they are getting from their own family and what they think for themselves.

Their parents probably figure they should go pro and get paid and they no doubt feel the same way.

staying and getting NIL money prob seems like a less lucrative though higher probability way of getting paid.

I’d guess more whites will hang around for it in coming years. It’s all still quite new so to some extent it’s understandable why it has taken time to develop.

TwentyTwo

Master
Refreshing to see the Saints chat board mention TE Dallin Holker ! HOW did he NOT get Drafted??? Will make the Roster!
check the catch at 44 secs
And Big time D2 WR Kyle Sheets (Slippery Rock) getting rave reviews too!
Same measurables of one of the All time favorite WRs Jordy Nelson
1714865069538.png

Hollyhood0307

The Saints got studs Daylyn Holker and Kyle Sheets...They will both make the team....So will Bo Richter on the Vikings

Hollyhood0307

Refreshing to see the Saints chat board mention TE Dallin Holker ! HOW did he NOT get Drafted??? Will make the Roster!
View attachment 4440
Holker was amazing, him not getting drafted is a crime.....But Injury plagued Erick All went in the 4th round...make it make senss

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't aware of Sheets even though Slippery Rock is just 50 miles north of Pittsburgh.

He reminds me of another great small college player from 20 years earlier from another school about the same distance north of Pittsburgh, running back R. J. Bowers of Grove City. Bowers was the first player in NCAA history to rush for over 7,000 yards, finishing with 7,353 yards and 92 TDs.

Some here undoubtedly remember Bowers while those who don't should know how the story ends. Bowers was signed as a FA by his hometown Steelers in 2001, and played in 3 games as a WSTD. In the final game of the '01 season, a blowout over the Browns if I remember correctly, Bill Cowher actually put Bowers in at RB in the second half and he responded very well by rushing for 84 yards on 18 carries and a touchdown.

That was Bowers' one and only time carrying the ball in the NFL. He spent a small portion of the '02 and '03 seasons on the Browns roster but never got another carry.

I'd put the odds that Sheets even gets that much of a look in the NFL at 1 in 100. And realistically it's best to add another zero as the Saints organization seems to have taken a secret blood oath decades ago to never give a fair opportunity to a White receiver.

Here's a highlight reel of Sheets:

woody39

Mentor
View attachment 4440
Great to see our guys get a good situation and some good money for a roster spot, Holker I think I read is on for 235k in guarantees.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
View attachment 4440

Here's some analysis or speculation on Dallen Holker receiving the guaranteed money that he did.