2023 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling 20.20 (5.2w) for 2nd in his 200m quarter final.

I know the time seems very slow with the wind but all the top 3 finishers in Bolings Heat had very similar times. Sometimes the wind is
a swirling wind and I think it had an effect on all of them running into and around the curve. If not these guys would and should have
all run faster. Glad he held on for 2nd. He is more relaxed and not running tight at least. The speed is coming but it isn't all the way there
yet. According to this video by Total Running Productions on youtube Boling has been busy with studies as an honor student and he also
battled injuries the last few months. This guy would know as he communicates with many of the top sprinters. Great channel to watch.

mqdefault.jpg

Matthew Boling Just Surprised Everyone​

TRP EXCLUSIVE

greyghost

Mentor
Wisconsin la crosse D3 record 39.86 ....for white athletes ...shows what’s possible when given the chance ...I do think blaskowski has a chance as a pro ..also a long jumper ..

greyghost

Mentor
And white South Africans have always had a world class sprinter ..ever since peter Nash in the late 60s ....

SneakyQuick

Mentor
And yet I was talking to a dreadlocked black guy at a bar while stuck in the airport last night who said that Michael Jordan played against a bunch of slow ass white dudes.

I think he regretted saying it but it was an interesting little peak into what blacks think of white speed

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Aleksandr Askovic of Germany ran a new p.b. of 10.21 today. Teammate Deniz Almas ran a 10.29. Stll haven't seen any newss on
Julian Wagner yet. There are a few more meets in Germany this weekend so hopefuly he will open up his season soon.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
WL, you will be happy with this news . . . Henrik Larsson 10.09 (2.4w) in Denmark.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
WL, you will be happy with this news . . . Henrik Larsson 10.09 (2.4w) in Denmark.

Thanks for posting this first. Not really happy except for him finally opening up his outdoor season. If has to be wind legal for me to be happy to be honest. Larsson is still stuck on his personal best time of 10.20 from way back in 2019. He will smash it this summer but I guess
I will have to wait for another race. He needs his confidence back outdoors. This race is a small step I guess but darn the wind ruined it. My
best guess is even with the wind he opened up around his personal best time so it's a good base to build on.

Oliver Bromby of England has a 10.20 windy today. That would have been a new p.b. for him but it won't count.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Sam Blaskowski won the NCAA Division 3 Championships in a new PR of 10.13 (1.9w)!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sam Blaskowski won the NCAA Division 3 Championships in a new PR of 10.13 (1.9w)!

Congrats Sam the Man! Wow is that blazing. Glad the wind cooperated. I've said it in the past and I will repeat myself. Why is this
kid stuck in the NCAA Division 3? Yeah I know why but it still makes me angry. Incredible times after time we see the cream rise to
the top even when they try to push the cream to the boltom of the black coffee! :campeon:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Germany had another fine result today. Yannick Wolf ran a new p.b. of 10.20! He just turned 23 a week ago so he has time to
develop. Even after only 1 or 2 races in the first weekend of most European Track, Germany has 3 white sprinters from 10.16 to
10.21. It's early but at this rate they could be very dangerous in the 4 x 100 Relay. Most of their bigger stars haven't even taken
to the track yet.

iu

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin la crosse D3 record 39.86 ....for white athletes ...shows what’s possible when given the chance ...I do think blaskowski has a chance as a pro ..also a long jumper ..
the link below has the relay at about the 3:00 mark, and Blaskowski’s new D3 record in the 100m at about the 5:00 mark. enjoy (at least until better video is found).

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the video with commentary - much more exciting!

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Ryan Crouser shattered his own world record in the shot put today.
His new WR is an unbelievable 77 ft and 3-3/4 inches.
He is dominating the event.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah the second video was far better! The kid is built like a statue of granite. I have a nickname for him. Tell me what you guys think?

"The Polish Bullet" or

Sam "Blast Off" Blaskowski. :flamethrower2:

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jenna Prandini has still got it!
Today she took down a strong domestic field in the 200m.
The race is here:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Already posted this in the high school section, but Mia Brahe-Pedersen just set a National High School record in the 100m, running 11.00!
That's totally amazing, AND she's a junior!

The US could put together a medal winning 4x100m team with Brahe-Pedersen, Prandini, Marybeth Sant Price, and Abby Steiner.
I would at least like to see them all in the same race, so could people could see 4 super fast white girls all at once.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jenna Prandini has still got it!
Today she took down a strong domestic field in the 200m.
The race is here:

I love it! What a career she has had and she is still hungry for more. What a great role model she is for the kids!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
17 year old Marek Zakrzewski ran a nice time of 10.41 +0.8 today for a win. His personal best last summer as a 16 year old
is 10.32 wind legal and he also has a slightly windy 10.29 +2.2 wind. He did that at 16 a year ago so it will be interesting to
see what this teenage Polish Sprinting Star can do this summer. I'm going to predict a 10.20 to 10.25! Even if he stays where
he is I'm ok with it as he is so young and he is growing into his body. The kid is mature mentally & emotionally far beyond his age.

I don't want to rush the kid but Poland could just have the male version of Ewa Swoboda!

Finn_Track

Brazilian Renan Correa Gallina ran a windlegal 10.01 at altitude in Bogota U20 South American championships earlier this month. He turned 19 in march and has already clocked a 20.12 in the 200m last year.

Dont let this guy slip under your radar.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brazilian Renan Correa Gallina ran a windlegal 10.01 at altitude in Bogota U20 South American championships earlier this month. He turned 19 in march and has already clocked a 20.12 in the 200m last year.

Amazing. Incredibly talented and he is so young! Wow we will watch him closely! Thanks for posting this update. His times at such
a young age remind me of Christophe Lemaitre and Ramil Guliyev. I hope he continues to get faster and to see him in future Olympics
and World Championships.

maxres.jpg

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer

How did we miss this guy? Again thanks for posting about him and welcome to the board Finn_Track.