2023 World Outdoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
On the women's side we have Marybeth Sant Price, Jenna Pradini, and Mia Brahe-Pedersen! in the 100m
The high schooler, Mia Brahe-Pedersen, performed best of the trio, running an 11.05 to qualify (Q) for the semi-finals.
She had the =5th fastest time of all the qualifiers.
Prandini qualified (q) on time (11.14), and Sant Price failed to move on.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The high schooler, Mia Brahe-Pedersen, performed best of the trio, running an 11.05 to qualify (Q) for the semi-finals.
She had the =5th fastest time of all the qualifiers.
Prandini qualified (q) on time (11.14), and Sant Price failed to move on.

This is just hard to imagine. A High School Junior making it out of the first round with one of the fastest times. Simply incredible. Great
to see she already was signed by Nike as she is clearly a prodigy! Wow. Congrats to Mia B. P. and Jenna P. to move on to the 2nd round!

proxy-image

In the mens 100 meters no one made it through. Sad but it was expected.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
As mentioned in the Matthew Boling thread, Boling finished 2nd in his 400m heat to move on to the next round.
His time was a PB of 45.53.
Meanwhile, someone we never talk about, Brian Faust of Kentucky, also qualified for the next round, running a time of 45.41! Also a PB.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As mentioned in the Matthew Boling thread, Boling finished 2nd in his 400m heat to move on to the next round.
His time was a PB of 45.53.
Meanwhile, someone we never talk about, Brian Faust of Kentucky, also qualified for the next round, running a time of 45.41! Also a PB.

That time by Brian Faust is blazing! Nice to see this Kentucky Wildcat showing how it's done!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VrYXRobGV0aWNzLWNvbS8yMDIxLzA4LzJlNmMxYTVlLWJyaWFuZmF1c3RfMDAyZ2wtc2NhbGVkLmpwZw.png

Courtesy of University of Kentucky Athletics

mastermulti

Master
the first 3 decathletes are looking at very nice scores after day ONE

1. Harrison Williams
Unattached WCS
2. Austin West
Iowa
3. Zach Ziemek
Unattached WCS

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some great news from another talented young 19 year old Russian Sprinter. Konstantin Krylov just ran a blazing time
of 10.15 +1.1 wind legal in Russia! Wow that's fast for this teenager. Just 2 days after he broke his 100 meters personal best
time he did the same over the 200 meters running a time of 20.42 +0.9 wind. These times are incredible period but with his
age there are ever better! It's nice to see Russia now has 3 sprinters in the 10.15 to 10.23 range and all of them are young!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is so unfair to the Russian and Belarusian Track and Field Athletes. They have nothing to do with this yet are punished.
These fine men and women deserve a chance to compete in Paris next summer in the Summer Olymics. Hope the war ends
but regardless I don't agree with punishing athletes that are totally innocent.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well it looks to me that Mia Brahe-Pedersen has made the 100m finals of the US Championships.
Incredible for a high school junior!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Also Harrison Williams, Zach Ziemek, and Austin West, went 1-2-3 in the decathlon.

I think that's the first time this has happened in decades.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well it looks to me that Mia Brahe-Pedersen has made the 100m finals of the US Championships.

Yeah it shows she is at a level even above Abby Steiner and Matthew Boling at her age. It's hard to even take it all in. I was
hoping she would sneak in as one of the fastest none top 2 finishers and she did. To do this has to give her even more confidence
that she can compete with the best sprinters in the world. What place she finishes now in the finals isn't as important as the fact
that she made it and is still in high school. Simply incredible. Phenomenal. Sensational. Amazing. So happy for her!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well, Matthew Boling makes it into the finals of the 400m.
He is the slowest qualifier, but still impressive, given that this event hasn't been his focus since high school.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some great news from another talented young 19 year old Russian Sprinter. Konstantin Krylov just ran a blazing time
of 10.15 +1.1 wind legal in Russia! Wow that's fast for this teenager. Just 2 days after he broke his 100 meters personal best
time he did the same over the 200 meters running a time of 20.42 +0.9 wind. These times are incredible period but with his
age there are ever better! It's nice to see Russia now has 3 sprinters in the 10.15 to 10.23 range and all of them are young!

I'm dissapointed no one here is responding to a teenager that runs 10.15 and 20.42 wind legal. Not something we see
everyday. Don't be like all the brainwashed idiots that are told to hate Russia from their telivision and believe it. Wars
have happened and Russia had to defend it's borders. The Ukraine use to be Russia and many Ukraininas want that again.

Back to Krylov and what he did is epic. Can he go sub 10.10 soon? He doesn't turn 20 until next March! I'm already a big fan!
Konstantin Krylov has the fastest mens under 20 time in all of Europe!

Here is a youtube channel that has russian track but it mostly womens races. Still worth a look.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
20 year old Norway Sprinter just shocked everyone!

Håvard Bentdal INGVALDSEN finished in 4th in the 400 meters in a new Norway National​

Record Time of 44.86! This is a huge breakthrough for this young man. Congrats as it's his first sub 45 race ever!
I wonder what is happening with Ingvaldsen?
He withdrew from the Diamond League meet in Stockholm, and also didn't compete at the Norwegian Championships this week. I hope he's not injured.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Brazilian Renan Correa Gallina ran a windlegal 10.01 at altitude in Bogota U20 South American championships earlier this month. He turned 19 in march and has already clocked a 20.12 in the 200m last year.

Dont let this guy slip under your radar.
I also keep wondering when we are going to hear more from this young Brazilian sprinter.
He didn't participate in the 100m at the Brazilian Championships going on this week.
Maybe he will show up at 200m. Hope so. I want to see him make some noise.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Just watched Mia's semi-final.
She had/has a terrible start . . . but great closing speed.
So still lots of room for improvement. A bright future ahead.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just watched Mia's semi-final.
She had/has a terrible start . . . but great closing speed.
So still lots of room for improvement. A bright future ahead.

I haven't been able to see any of these races. Can't wait to see them on youtube but that probably won't be allowed until next week.
It's getting so hard to see races from college to the professional ones. So many channels. Glad you saw it though. She is so talented!

mastermulti

Master
I'm dissapointed no one here is responding to a teenager that runs 10.15 and 20.42 wind legal. Not something we see
everyday. Don't be like all the brainwashed idiots that are told to hate Russia from their telivision and believe it. Wars
have happened and Russia had to defend it's borders. The Ukraine use to be Russia and many Ukraininas want that again.

Back to Krylov and what he did is epic. Can he go sub 10.10 soon? He doesn't turn 20 until next March! I'm already a big fan!
Konstantin Krylov has the fastest mens under 20 time in all of Europe!

Here is a youtube channel that has russian track but it mostly womens races. Still worth a look.

I'm trying to decipher if his father is Vladimir Krylov. He is now 59 so the age would fit.
A very decent 6.59/60m,10.13/100m, 20.23/200m, 45.20/400m man in the late 80s and member of the Soviet GOLD medal winning 4x100 team in Seoul. I haven't found enough information to verify.
Don't know if Krylov surname is common.

sprintstar

Mentor
I think Krylov's times are excellent and he will go alot faster in the next few years. I too think Russia?Belarus are getting shafted for violations that were just as bad as Jamaica, Kenya, USA etc etc but you don't see those countries banned....We all know those bans have nothing to do with sports violations.....

sprintstar

Mentor
I see 14 y old Aria Pierce is contesting the 100m today in the USA U20's. It will be interesting to see how she does against the fastest U20's in the US.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I haven't been able to see any of these races. Can't wait to see them on youtube but that probably won't be allowed until next week.
It's getting so hard to see races from college to the professional ones. So many channels. Glad you saw it though. She is so talented!
Here is Mia's semi-final.
She's last for most of the race, but comes on strong at the end.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yannick Wolf wins the 100 Meters at the German National Championships. Yannick Wolf ran a time of 10.19 +0.2 wind while Julian Wagner
was 2nd again today running a time of 10.21. Was hoping he would finally win the title this year despite not being in the best form. Robin Ganter took 3rd in a 10.29 so at least the gold, silver and bronze medals all went to Authentic German Sprinters! Yannick Wolf is one to watch going foward as he has been the the most consistan German Sprinter aside from Wagner this year. Sadly Kevin Kranz false started in the finals.

In the womens finals as expected Gina Luckenkemper won again running a superb 11.03 +0.3 wind! She makes it look so easy! Congrats again
to her. I said it around a month ago. I expect her to break her personal best this summer!