2023 World Outdoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
. . . . Tortu, on the other hand, looked to have the best top end speed of anyone, yet he is running crap times in the individual races. Strange.
Tortu finishes 3rd in the 200m, running a crap time (for him) of 20.61.
I can't believe how far he has fallen off from his peak. He's only 25 years old. Sad.

freedom1

Mentor
This is exciting. She is starting to get back to her form from last year. Man I love to watch her run! So dominant when she is in shape!

Great to see Devon Allen get 2nd in the Mens 110 Hurdles in a time of 13.04 wind legal. I must say he has handled himself like a true
gentleman on and off the track. He lost his dad and we all know how he was screwed over with that false start in the championships.
He is still aging like a fine wine. Keep it up Devon! We all know the NFL never gave you a fair chance.

What happened to Trey Cunningham. Haven't seen him run all year? Was excited to see him run as he is my favorite hurdler!
Trey came in 9th in the hurdles final at 13.57

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tortu finishes 3rd in the 200m, running a crap time (for him) of 20.61.
I can't believe how far he has fallen off from his peak. He's only 25 years old. Sad.

It's ok like Lemaitre he is happy with his coach and sees no reason to change! :( What a shame and just another
incredible waste of talent!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Australia has alot of young white sprinters on the rise. One of them ran in Germany today and won the 100 meters finals. Kennedy
is only 19 years of age and looking fantastic so far this season!

Lachlan Kennedy ran a 10.24 wind legal today to take the win! This kid continues to improve by leaps & bounds. Exciting young
prospect to track his progress going forward!

14970569.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even though it's on little rest I see Ceccarelli going 10.05 this Tuesday & maybe faster. One guy I want to point out
that is really going all out to try and regain his form is Jan Volko. He is entered in the 100 & 200 Meters. Yeah he won't
come close to winning either but to get better you have to face guys better than you. Too many of our sprinters don't
race enough! Wish Larsson was here but this is gonna still be a hot race! Speaking of Henrik Larsson you will see him
race this Friday June, 30th and he is going to smash his personal best time in the 100 meters! You guys can hold me to this!

2023 Ostrava Continental World Athletics Tour Gold

Start List Ostrava 27. 6. 2023​

PříjmeníJménoDat. nar.StátDisciplínaPBSB

100 m​

1STROMŠÍKZdeněk25.11.1994CZE100m M10.1610.59
2CECCARELLISamuele09.01.2000ITA100m M10.1310.13
3FAHNBULLEHJoseph11.09.2001LBR100m M9.989.98
4SIMBINEAkani21.09.1993RSA100m M9.849.92
5DE GRASSEAndre10.11.1994CAN100m M9.8910.21
6BLAKEJerome18.08.1995CAN100m M10.0010.08
7VOLKOJán02.11.1996SVK100m M10.1310.24
8VELEBAJan06.12.1986CZE100m M10.1610.29

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't be surprised if Ceccarelli has a bit of a letdown on Friday.
The European Team Championships were a big deal to him, as he was representing Italy, and felt much part of a team that was trying to win the Championships, which they did. So he might be drained both physically and mentally for the Ostrava meet.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't be surprised if Ceccarelli has a bit of a letdown on Friday.
The European Team Championships were a big deal to him, as he was representing Italy, and felt much part of a team that was trying to win the Championships, which they did. So he might be drained both physically and mentally for the Ostrava meet.

It's not Friday but 2 days from now on Tuesday. Larsson will run on Friday at home in Sweden.

Ceccarelli and Volko will be tired but I still like that their going for it. Volko shouldn't be doubling but he is really going for it.

I've watched Samuele C. race about 4 or 5 times. His form down the stretch did break down over the last 5 to 10 meters. He needs
to run more 150's in practice. His speed endurance has to improve for him to go 10.05 or lower. He has to hold his form & endurance
longer. That being said he will without a doubt. This was only his 2nd race of the season!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here are the latest 2023 European Rankings for Men in the 100 Meters: You have to change it from overall to 100 meters. It won't
let me post the link directly without it just giving the overall rankings. Henrik Larsson is up to 5th!

freedom1

Mentor
Cecarelli got a 10.15 for 2nd in Ostrava. He's consistent. His times make me a little nervous as Morne Nagal's PB was 10.13 (he did it twice). I hope Cecarelli can make the second part of his race stronger.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cecarelli got a 10.15 for 2nd in Ostrava. He's consistent. His times make me a little nervous as Morne Nagal's PB was 10.13 (he did it twice). I hope Cecarelli can make the second part of his race stronger.

I wouldn't be too nervous yet. He was racing on 3 days rest and with the travel day more like 2 days. I'm thought he would run a little
faster but it's coming soon. It's hard to be patient as we want him to go sub 10.10 or sub 10.05 as soon as possible. It will come in July
or August barring an injury. The big question is will he go sub 10 this summer. My vote is still yet despite him being stuck in neutral for
now. The guy just has that confidence and swagger. That look of a champion and he really hasn't had a horrible race all year. Now watch
I jinx him. Lol. Hope not. He also has not had a nice tail wind to help him to go faster. In the long run it's good as you have to run fast with
or without the wind. You guys must get sick of me saying that but ti's so true!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is a reason I've never got too excited about Charlie Dobson or Amy Hunt. It's because every year they just almost never race.
A handful of races a year for two young sprinters in the early to mid 20's who just are always hurt or off doing something else. It's
so sad as both of them could have been special. I will never understand it as all of the other British Sprinters both male and female
race all of the time. For example Dobson has raced one 200 meters race all summer and 0 100 meter races. Explain this to me?

Amy Hunt has raced only two 200 meter races and they were back in May. She hasn't run in any 100 meter races. Amy Hunt just turned 21
a couple of months ago. It's so weird. Her lack of races and maybe training has made her really slow down too. Dobson will be 24 in
October. If anyone knows why these two sprinters don't compete more please explain? Thanks.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
There is a reason I've never got too excited about Charlie Dobson or Amy Hunt. It's because every year they just almost never race.
A handful of races a year for two young sprinters in the early to mid 20's who just are always hurt or off doing something else. It's
so sad as both of them could have been special. I will never understand it as all of the other British Sprinters both male and female
race all of the time. For example Dobson has raced one 200 meters race all summer and 0 100 meter races. Explain this to me?

Amy Hunt has raced only two 200 meter races and they were back in May. She hasn't run in any 100 meter races. Amy Hunt just turned 21
a couple of months ago. It's so weird. Her lack of races and maybe training has made her really slow down too. Dobson will be 24 in
October. If anyone knows why these two sprinters don't compete more please explain? Thanks.
I have read about Amy Hunt recently while checking up on the promising ones who have yet to make a senior mark in the sport.
https://athleticsweekly.com/event-reports/amy-hunt-back-in-form-after-injury-hit-2021-1039953033/
it is from JANUARY 2022 when she thought her injuries were over.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sub 10 Alert. Call me crazy but on July, 2nd Henrik Larsson will be running in the Diamond League in Stockolm!

If he doesn't go sub 10.10 I will be shocked. I'm going go out on a lime and predict a 10.05 or faster! Mark this date
on your calendars gentlemen. July 2nd at minimum Henrik Larsson goes sub 10.10 but I feel a faster time We shall see!
With his personal best time in the 100 of 10.17 wind legal he will smash that. Just a question of how fast can he go?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer

Amy Hunt ran 11.47 100m on June 17th, and also ran a couple of 100m in May. She recently ran on the GBR relay at the European Team Championships.
She was injured last year, and also finishing her university studies. I expect to see her running a lot more in the future, barring injuries.

Meanwhile Dobson has also been finishing his university studies, but had a DNF on June 18th in Poland. So I assume he's injured again.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the always easy on the eye Lieke Klaver - her 400s have really helped her 200s. This is a PB
if i saw the times correctly, Klaver just NARROWLY missed tying/breaking the meet record, currently held by the great Daphne Schippers. Klaver is clearly in top form.

nice to see the young Greek almost reel second place in down the stretch, as well. and the ageless Pole who took fourth is always competitive.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
from the article:

Ingvaldsen says he and Warholm are friendly, and the Olympic champion has passed on much advice during their interactions in recent years. “He has been big, both him and the Ingebrigtsens,” says Ingvaldsen. “I look up to them and it’s because of them I started in track and field.”

the folks here at Caste Football are shown to be correct again. the power of positive role models (and conversely the lack thereof) is immensely powerful.

sprintstar

Mentor
I think Femke Bol has helped Klaver immensely, although I still feel Klaver is too bulky and that is why she tires also they way she goes out in the 400m is like Warholm....pedal to the metal!
I knew Hunt has battled alot of injuries and juggled school as well. If she was healthy the whole time she would be 11 flat or faster in the 100m and 22 flat or faster in the 200m. I also wonder if she is taken seriously by the British Track Association and receives the same funding as the Blacks do in Britain....

sprintstar

Mentor
Good thing Invaldson isn't running the 400mh as I think he has the speed to beat Warholm over both the 400 and 400mh(if he trained)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Today in Lausanne at the Diamond League Race. Negative winds but the womens 100 had 3 of our girls in it.

Gina Luckenkemper and Ewa Swoboda run identical times of 11.17 with Zoe Hobbs in a 11.20.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is a track meet in Italy tommorow. So I checked the mens 100 meters. I knew Ceccarelli wouldn't be there as he raced twice in the last
week but I was hoping for Filippo Tortu in the 100. Of course either him, his coach or the both of them don't see to care anymore about the
100 meters. They run a few average to slow 200 meters a season now and call it a day. I've said it before and I will say it again. This makes
me sick to my stomach to see what happened to Lemaitre and now Boling and Tortu. It seems to mostly happen to our guys. I wonder why?

Another young italian that could be one to watch is Andrea Federici. He has a personal best of 10.24 from earlier this year. Hope he can shine
at home.

Another guys to watch is South African Sprinter Erckhart Potgeiter who also has a 10.24 p.b. in the 100 so far!