2023 Wimbledon

Quiet Speed

Mentor
If the seedings hold up on the men's side, Djokovic and Alcaraz will meet in the finals. Same for Swiatek and Sabalenka on the women's side. Coco Gauff is out at the hands of Sofia Kenin. Disappointed media, I've watched Kenin since she was about ten. Djokovic won in straight sets.

icsept

Master
Venus and Coco both gone in the first round. Krygios withdraws. ESPN’s in full panic mode.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nadal Djokovic opened up with his first match at the 2023 Wimbeldon Tournament today with an easy win!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Donna Vekic, an attractive Croatian who's the 20th seed, came back from down a set and down 2 games to 5 in the second set to beat Sloane Stephens. I was surprised to see Pam Shriver is part of her team.

1-Donna Vekic.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Crisis Actors and the paid climate instigators. So sick of seeing this crap. It's ruining the sports we love.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was rooting for Andy Murray but he lost a tough 5 set match to Alcaraz. Djokovic is about to win in straight sets again. So far it's
looking like we may be headed for a rematch of the French Open Final. I want Novak to continue winning as many grand slams as
he can as Novak is 36 years of age and time is very short. It's amazing how well his body has held up with all the wear & tear of tennis!

Matra2

Master
Andy Murray is a feminist, BLM supporting, Scottish "nationalist" (who lives in England, with its lower taxes for millionaires like him). He was also incredibly sanctimonious towards Djokovic over the latter's principled stand against compulsory vaccinations. Personally, I want Murray to lose every time he takes the court. Well done, Tsitsipas!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Andy Murray is a feminist, BLM supporting, Scottish "nationalist" (who lives in England, with its lower taxes for millionaires like him). He was also incredibly sanctimonious towards Djokovic over the latter's principled stand against compulsory vaccinations. Personally, I want Murray to lose every time he takes the court. Well done, Tsitsipas!

Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea as I don't follow the game that closely anymore. If he is BLM then forget rooting for him. How
can any man be feminsit unless he is a total cuck!

Matra2

Master
I've noticed the crowds have been less than friendly towards Djokovic. Wimbledon crowds are a bit like US Open fans in NYC in that they seem to be more into celebrities and the occasion than the sport itself. Djokovic was always disliked for disrupting the careers of fan favourites Federer & Nadal who've always received sycophantic treatment from the entire media no matter what they do. Djokovic's refusal to go along with the MSM consensus on vaccines also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, especially sports writers who are almost all conformist leftists with an inferiority complex towards news journalists hence their zealous parroting of MSM talking points. I get the impression though that Djokovic, previously so desperate to be liked in the past, has decided it is what it is and no longer seems to give a hoot what the press and hostile crowds say and do. Good for him. I want him to keep winning & rubbing their noses in it. Let them cope and seethe.

Speaking of cope, I had to laugh at an ESPN feed I was watching online where they showed a graphic of the players with the most grand slam wins. They had Federer and Nadal with 20 & 22 respectively then they had Djokovic and...wait for it...Serena Williams tied at 23:rolleyes:. (I don't think they showed Margaret Court at all, maybe she's been completely cancelled for not worshipping homosexuals). That must be the first time I've ever seen a TV network put the male winners of majors, whether tennis or golf, on the same graphic. It reeks of desperation.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Andy Murray is a POS with abhorrent views and likely partially tied back to having an overbearing, domineering mother.

I caught the talking heads going on and on about the next Black Hope who is facing Tsitsipas in the next match. More time on this then on Novak or any of the stars competing. The obsession with even marginal Black athletes never ends.

Matra2

Master
Wimbledon crowds are a bit like US Open fans in NYC in that they seem to be more into celebrities and the occasion than the sport itself.
Belarusian Viktoria Azarenka just got booed by the Wimbledon crowd because they thought she was a bad sport for not shaking hands with Svitolina after losing. In reality it is the Ukrainian Svitolina who refuses to shake hands with Russian or Belarusian. Anyone who follows the sport would know that but not the Wimbledon fans. Azarenka actually waved to Svitolina in good sport knowing she wouldn't shake hands. And, of course, as usual no Belarusian or Russian flag. It's all so passive-aggressive you'd think the sport was run by mean girls from high school.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Belarusian Viktoria Azarenka just got booed by the Wimbledon crowd because they thought she was a bad sport for not shaking hands with Svitolina after losing. In reality it is the Ukrainian Svitolina who refuses to shake hands with Russian or Belarusian. Anyone who follows the sport would know that but not the Wimbledon fans. Azarenka actually waved to Svitolina in good sport knowing she wouldn't shake hands. And, of course, as usual no Belarusian or Russian flag. It's all so passive-aggressive you'd think the sport was run by mean girls from high school.

Yes, Azarenka gave Svitolina every chance to reconsider her pledge not to shake hands.

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Andy Murray is a POS with abhorrent views and likely partially tied back to having an overbearing, domineering mother.

I caught the talking heads going on and on about the next Black Hope who is facing Tsitsipas in the next match. More time on this then on Novak or any of the stars competing. The obsession with even marginal Black athletes never ends.
There have been so few black tennis stars over the years. They are hyped to the moon like in hockey and golf.

Even the marginal hockey ones (Anthony Duclair who isn’t a bad guy by all accounts ) gets more publicity during games then he deserves.

It’s just a function of (((who))) runs the media.

Those early lifers are funny that way.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Partially. They also booed her because she's Belorussian. Same thing happened in Paris and Australia. In fact fabs were kicked out of those events for merely having Russian hats/ flags. Don't expect much critical thinking from some of your fellow Whites as they have fully bought the (((narrative))).

Also Svitolina is a virtual signaling wokester. Married to "French" African, very pro trans, pro BLM etc..

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Partially. They also booed her because she's Belorussian. Same thing happened in Paris and Australia. In fact fabs were kicked out of those events for merely having Russian hats/ flags. Don't expect much critical thinking from some of your fellow Whites as they have fully bought the (((narrative))).

Also Svitolina is a virtual signaling wokester. Married to "French" African, very pro trans, pro BLM etc..
Well that explains a lot. Poor character all around.

icsept

Master
Some guy became the “3rd African American to reach the quarterfinals at Wimbledon.” And…when do we stop counting, ESPN?

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Maybe when all of the quarter finalists are African Americans. Then and only then can we stop.

Actually, probably not even then. Hahha

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some guy became the “3rd African American to reach the quarterfinals at Wimbledon.” And…when do we stop counting, ESPN?

They will never be happy as a company until all whites are replaced in all sports. I gave up my subscription years ago because
of their racist views against all whites around the world.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
They will never be happy as a company until all whites are replaced in all sports. I gave up my subscription years ago because
of their racist views against all whites around the world.
Good for you dude. Seriously. Based on how they have been laying people off it’s possible enough others feel the same way!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nadal Djokovic comes back and wins the match in 4 sets! Glad to see it didn't go 5 as these tournaments are so hard physically
to make it through 2 weeks of intense match after match and game after game. Tennis players are some of the best overall athletes
in the world.

Matra2

Master
Another day at Wimbledon, another day of the crowd slobbering over a black American (Eubanks) and a North African (Ons Jabeur). Wimbledon now giving the NYC-based US Open competition for worst fans in tennis. The malleable masses take their cues from the media, and from there we see the results.

From what I've seen so far the Italian Jannik Sinner (he's from the German-speaking region of northern Italy) is the most likely person to beat Djokovic, but the latter will still be favourite when they meet in the SF on Friday.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Svitolina finally crashes and burns, losing to Marketa Vondrousova from the Czech Republic. I have to say Sabalenka played a dismal match against O. Jabeur. The final between Jabeur and Vondrousova may not be what we were looking for, but I don't think it's insufferable. Tomorrow's men's semi-final matches have Djokovic/Sinner and Alcaraz/Medvedev. Not bad.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Svitolina finally crashes and burns, losing to Marketa Vondrousova from the Czech Republic. I have to say Sabalenka played a dismal match against O. Jabeur. The final between Jabeur and Vondrousova may not be what we were looking for, but I don't think it's insufferable. Tomorrow's men's semi-final matches have Djokovic/Sinner and Alcaraz/Medvedev. Not bad.
The mens semi finals is gonna be lit as the kids love to say. Some red hot tennis with 2 close matches. Hoping Medvedev has recovered
from his 5 setter the other day or else Alcaraz will blow threw him. If Medvedev is rested he could give him some trouble but I see another
finals of Djokovic vs Alcaraz. The New Top Guys in Tennis at the moment!