2023 Running Backs

TwentyTwo

Master
Trying to keep a tradition alive ; too many pics i was able to Copy/Paste in the past are now TOO LARGE . Very frustrating and disappointing ! Settled for some of the smaller pics.

The EXACT "Shipley" picture posted in 2021 RB thread...is TOO LARGE NOW! But just found a good one he's leaping over a Tennessee defender in the ORANGE Bowl!

Maybe this issue can get resolved sometime this Summer before Football season starts

Will Shipley (Jr) 5'-11" 205 Clemson
One of the nation’s most dynamic and versatile running backs who enters 2023 with 1,920 yards and 26 touchdowns on 359 career rushing attempts and 358 yards on 54 career receptions in 1,024 offensive snaps over 24 career games (19 starts) … also enters 2023 credited with 27 career kickoff returns for 704 yards (26.1 avg.
.1685692368873.png

Carson Steele (Jr.) 6'-1" 225 ...UCLA (Ball State Transfer)
Pre-Season 2nd Team All PAC 12 Athlon's magazine!
Last season 1,556 yards rushing ; 14 TD's
has impressed Bruins coach Chip Kelly with his toughness and work ethic

1685686942431.png

Cody Schrader (Grad) 5'-9" 214 Mizzou (Former WALK-ON/ Transfer Truman State)
Started 11 of 13 games last season; 774 yards rushing; 9 TD's; (long of 63)
2021 D II-leading 2,074 rushing yards on 300 carries, including 24 touchdowns!
1685692688631.png

Samson Evans (Grad) 6'-0 218 Eastern Michigan
Rushed for 1,166 yards last season & 15 TD's. Has 29 career TD's
Had one of the best games 258 yards rushing on 36 carries vs Arizona State ; Coach Herm Edwards got fired

1685688127475.png

Cameron Skattebo (Jr) 5'-10" 222...Arizona State (Sacramento St Transfer)
Stole the show in the Spring game!
2022 Big Sky Conf. Player of the Year running for 1,382 yards & 7 TD's. + 371 yards receiving & 3 TD's. 7 yards per carry ranked 7th among FCS players.
Check em out doing a back flip on the sidelines
NO PIC YET....TOO LARGE

Lincoln Pare (Jr.) 5'-9" 195 Texas State
Team’s leading rusher with 772 rushing yards ; 6 total TD's (5 rushing ; one receiving) Last game of the season vs. UL-Lafayette had 221 yards rushing! 29 carries & TD......began career at Arkansas State
1688360923361.jpeg

Victor Rosa (Soph.) 5'-11" 198 U.Conn
As a Freshman ran for 636 yards & 11 TD's
1200x0.jpg
pic too small
1685688090570.png

Feel free to add more RB's. Maybe you will have more success posting PICS Large enough
Will get Filkins and others later

Last edited:

Rocky B

Master
I was just making a list of backs.
I was thinking of Jackson McChesney, found nothing
Glad 22 is off and running for this year for this thread.
I think you have all of the starters. I’d add Owen Burk,
who is listed as Air Force’s starter at FB.

Casey Filkins leads the back ups....Stanford
Jacob Lowe third string for Stanford

Ethan Payne...Marshall
Nolan McCormack...Ohio
Tyler Lavine...SMU
Bryce Duke...Virginia Tech
Tate Carney...Wake Forest (about time he surfaces)
Tate is listed on ourlads as 4th string
Cade Yacamelli...Wisc
Dylan Kedzior...Buffalo....Not sure about depth chart with him
I looked up Buffalo and they have a lot of guys
I thought he was going to Ball St, but haven’t seen anything???
Cash Jones for GA should transfer. Not listed on depth chart
Collin McBee. WVU....fullback, I think, but listed as fourth string RB

Who knows how much Cole Cabana will play as a Freshman at Mich

I looked up some guys like Tucker Gregg who has graduated.
Guys like McChesney and Magyar just seemed to fall off....
I’m forgetting a few, for sure.....I’ll keep looking/remembering.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Nice lists fellas!

Frustrating for Gregg to not even emerge in one of the spring leagues. He’s got NFL size and enough speed to be effective.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jackson Paradis - looks like he transferred from Buffalo to UMASS. He was the player of the year in New Hampshire in 2021. Got screwed over in Buffalo last year getting no playing time as a freshman. Perhaps UMASS will provide him an opportunity. Another undeniable example of the caste system in action.

Warhawk_46

Master
Nice lists fellas!

Frustrating for Gregg to not even emerge in one of the spring leagues. He’s got NFL size and enough speed to be effective.
I just wish one of these spring leagues wouldn’t be afraid to give our men a shot.

Maybe Gregg can head to Canada like AJ Oulette and carve out a nice career. Oulette was named an all-star last year!

Phall

Master
Freshman Cole Cabana will be Michigan's first white scholarship running back since Sam McGuffie's lone year in Ann Arbor back in 2008. He is ranked as a consensus four-star recruit, well above Michigan's plodding "thunder" back they signed to complement Cabana's "lightning."

The prevalent DWF-scout knock on Cabana is his slight frame, implying that he has a long way to go physique-wise before he can be expected to run between the tackles. I don't have any way to gauge that myself at this point.

The Wolverines already have two established running backs returning in Blake Corum and Donovan Edwards, so Cabana doesn't have much window to meaningful carries as a true freshman. Edwards is already the third down pass-catching back, which has been suggested as Cabana's easiest path to offensive snaps. He could also start out as a returner, although I'm not nearly as interested in that role for him. Any playing time is a net good though, especially in the NIL/portal era. When Corum and (probably) Edwards depart at the end of the season, there will be a wide open window for 2024.

FihKvXmWQAAmo17

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Freshman Cole Cabana will be Michigan's first white scholarship running back since Sam McGuffie's lone year in Ann Arbor back in 2008. He is ranked as a consensus four-star recruit, well above Michigan's plodding "thunder" back they signed to complement Cabana's "lightning."

The prevalent DWF-scout knock on Cabana is his slight frame, implying that he has a long way to go physique-wise before he can be expected to run between the tackles. I don't have any way to gauge that myself at this point.

The Wolverines already have two established running backs returning in Blake Corum and Donovan Edwards, so Cabana doesn't have much window to meaningful carries as a true freshman. Edwards is already the third down pass-catching back, which has been suggested as Cabana's easiest path to offensive snaps. He could also start out as a returner, although I'm not nearly as interested in that role for him. Any playing time is a net good though, especially in the NIL/portal era. When Corum and (probably) Edwards depart at the end of the season, there will be a wide open window for 2024.

FihKvXmWQAAmo17
Yes indeed Phall. Cabana is the highest recruit since Will Shipley. If he can duplicate what Shipley has done then we should continue to
see a few more of our guys get a chance. At least that is the hope. Have to be positive. Even to see what we've seen in the last decade
would have been unheard of a decade ago. Good luck to Cole Cabana. He has that name that everyone will remember if he pans out.

Rocky B

Master
1691353576637.jpeg
Dean Connors. Listed as number one RB for Rice!

I see HD mentioned him earlier his year....
I just wanted to mention it on this thread.
Should be a good running back season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
View attachment 4117
Dean Connors. Listed as number one RB for Rice!

I see HD mentioned him earlier his year....
I just wanted to mention it on this thread.
Should be a good running back season.

This is great news. I think back to my young days and rooting so hard for Alex Smith at Indiana in the late 90's or so. It was so rare
back then to see any white running back.. Now it's getting a little better but we still have a long ways to go! Let's go Dean Connors!

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for all of the replies in this thread!
Yes indeed Rocky B! Will definitely be keeping an eye on the Rice Owls Weekly Stat-lines with Connors & McCaffrey!
....Was not sure about SMU RB Tyler Lavine's extra COVID year eligibility .....glad he is playing a 5th year!

Tyler Lavine Sr. 5'-11" 212 SMU
Led Mustangs last season w 642 yards rushing & 10 TD's; (Including two 100+ yard games)
Ourlads list him 2nd string on Depth Chart; Not Listed on Athlon's 2 Deep
Tyler_Lavine_Navy_1_.JPG

Dylan Laube (Sr.) 5'-10" 207 New Hampshire
1st ream FCS Pre Season All American "All Purpose Back" by Athlon's Sports
FCS All Purpose Leader last season (194 yard avg. per game)
Ran for 1,205 yards & 15 TD's (long of 77) ; + caught 49 passes 464 yards & 2 TD's (long of 87 yards!)
Punt Returner (1 TD) and Kickoff Returner (1 TD) too
Dylan_Laube_D06_8054_SvkcS.jpg

Rocky B

Master
I read that Lincoln Pare fore his ACL
Bummer.
He would have had a lot of carries this year.....

NikoDuke

Mentor
While NFL is moving away from the running game, it would make me infinitely pleased to see more pale faced RB's. I think success at the RB position crushes the caste narrative more than any other position..

Warhawk_46

Master
While NFL is moving away from the running game, it would make me infinitely pleased to see more pale faced RB's. I think success at the RB position crushes the caste narrative more than any other position..
100% agreement here that running back is the premiere caste-busting position. The reason for this is the number of touches each game. A running back will get 10-20 touches (or more) plus a few looks in the passing game, whereas a good receiver will get a max of 5-10 receptions per game.

We need more of men in both positions but RB even more so. The more often DWFs see a white man running the ball, breaking down black defense with strength, speed and agility the more they will wake up and start saying “why the hell aren’t there more of us playing running back? In my high school days the running backs were dominant and white… why all of a sudden are they deemed unfit to play it?”

TwentyTwo

Master
Over and Under Rushing Yards for UCLA RB Carson Steele....he should be an Starting RB in the NFL one day! "THOR"

Over/Under: UCLA's Carson Steele rushes for 1,200 yards this fall​

Former Ball State running back Carson Steele is now at UCLA. He rushed for over 1,500 yards as a sophomore for Ball State last season and was named a fourth-team All-American. Steele is a hard-charging running back with remarkable contact balance, strength and toughness. Steele will replace Zach Charbonnet who ran for 1,359 yards in 2022. Chip Kelly loves to pound the rock on inside zone plays which makes Steele a perfect match for Kelly's offense. For that reason, I'm taking the OVER on this.

Scroll down

11811440.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna vote under. Not that he can't do it but it's hard to trust UCLA to give him enough carries to get there. Hope I'm wrong.
On the bright side they have a better passing offense than Ball St. so that should take some pressure off where they can't just stack
the line all the time or they will pay for it with some long pass plays over the top. Gonna be exciting to see him tearing up the Pac 12!

El Gringo

Mentor
Over and Under Rushing Yards for UCLA RB Carson Steele....he should be an Starting RB in the NFL one day! "THOR"

Over/Under: UCLA's Carson Steele rushes for 1,200 yards this fall​

Former Ball State running back Carson Steele is now at UCLA. He rushed for over 1,500 yards as a sophomore for Ball State last season and was named a fourth-team All-American. Steele is a hard-charging running back with remarkable contact balance, strength and toughness. Steele will replace Zach Charbonnet who ran for 1,359 yards in 2022. Chip Kelly loves to pound the rock on inside zone plays which makes Steele a perfect match for Kelly's offense. For that reason, I'm taking the OVER on this.

Scroll down

11811440.jpg

Definitely under for me. They have a highly recruited freshman back along with others that will steal his touches. He should have stayed at Ball st and remained the man! If he got a huge nil deal at UCLA I can’t blame him for transferring.

Warhawk_46

Master
Definitely under for me. They have a highly recruited freshman back along with others that will steal his touches. He should have stayed at Ball st and remained the man! If he got a huge nil deal at UCLA I can’t blame him for transferring.
I also have been saying it was not a good place to transfer to. Should have stayed at Ball St. or perhaps gone to one of the a big Ten schools.

backrow

Hall of Famer
So out of these guys, is anyone projected to be drafted next year? Steele and Shipley I can imagine? Haven't been following college football at all since CMac (only occasionally poking in game threads).

Rocky B

Master
So out of these guys, is anyone projected to be drafted next year? Steele and Shipley I can imagine? Haven't been following college football at all since CMac (only occasionally poking in game threads).
They both have another year of eligibility, which I always want them to take. For selfish reasons, I’ve seen too many of our guys get out early and we as fans get one less year of kick ass white running backs.
Cody Schrader will get looks if he continues to be high on the SEC rushing leader list. He’s a senior. Dylan Laube has gotten his name out there this season, hold be a surprise late round pick, Schrader is working his way from UFA to 4th- 5th round grades.....If Ship and Steele enter, it could be a real good year for backs in the draft...

Rocky B

Master
Filkins had such a great start, got dinged up and now is buried on the depth chart (Emmitt’s son is now second string to some freshman also).
Samson Evans isn’t getting a ton of carries. I’d expect both of them to get camp Invites. Unlike Brad Roberts, which was horse crap.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They both have another year of eligibility, which I always want them to take. For selfish reasons, I’ve seen too many of our guys get out early and we as fans get one less year of kick ass white running backs.
Cody Schrader will get looks if he continues to be high on the SEC rushing leader list. He’s a senior. Dylan Laube has gotten his name out there this season, hold be a surprise late round pick, Schrader is working his way from UFA to 4th- 5th round grades.....If Ship and Steele enter, it could be a real good year for backs in the draft...

I've never enjoyed college football more. Not crazy about all the magical qb's but the sheer amount of white running backs is something I
have waited my whole life for. I prefer college to the NFL. So many young men to follow and the running backs are awesome!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Shipley is projected to go in rounds 2-3. It should happen if he runs a sub 4.5. No sure the projections yet for Steele. It shouldn't matter what he runs the 40 in, he would be a good NFL RB at 4.6. Steele is a combination of quickness and power. He can make you miss, and he can move the pile. If he gets his chance, he could be better than Shipley.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i think Laube is likely to stick on an NFL roster because of his versatility and explosiveness in the return game. electric kick/punt returners seem to be more acceptable within the hierarchy of the Caste System than a 3-down tailback, blazing fast, tall wideout, or lockdown cover man.