2023 NFL Week 16

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Quarterbacking, like all things pertaining to athleticism, is both an art and a science. I think coaches in today's game at all levels too often become enamored with the art of their QB's athletic ability. What you see in HS is what you'll get in the NFL. This is especially true for Black QBs who either don't get the proper coaching or fail to take advantage of it.

I have nothing against athletes with unconventional mechanics. Far from it. But I do think it helps to throw the ball and drop back properly. Footwork in particular is becoming a lost art.

This might be a controversial statement but I think the emphasis on shotgun passing has done more harm than good for the position as a whole and maybe even the game itself. I really think it benefits a young QB to learn the game from under center.

The "backyard" football that has become the norm and over reliance on shotgun formations have been two things that really have watered down the position. Of course these things were made into the norm due to the rule changes taking place. Unconventional throwing mechanics are one thing (Philip Rivers had an unorthodox throwing motion due to learning how to throw footballs at a young age prior to his hand size being able to hold onto the ball) but the phasing out of the 3, 5 and 7 step drops and footwork that go along with that is something that I personally find is diluting the position. The timing offenses (West Coast offense is the best example) that were really the staple of the NFL for decades are becoming less of a thing in the modern game. So many elements of the game from the 60s, 70s, 80, 90s and early 2000s seem to be asbent.

How many of us here have criticized a team for using shotgun at the goal line rather than line up in a power formation? The I formation doesn't exist in most NFL playbooks. Power formations are also lacking. With the spread offenses taking over there is much less variety and strategy, players have become the focal point rather than offensive schemes.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Wilson has put up decent numbers this year but it still seems like he is quickly approaching washed out status. Payton's outburst last week at him was criticized by many of the black talking heads on social media (including RGme) and of course it was subtly hinted that it was a racial thing. Wilson has not been worth the trade or costly contract the Broncos are now saddled with. Much like Cleveland with Watson underachieving (when he actually plays) really cement how manufactured this black QB push is.

Zappe has almost twice as many passing yards as Wilson right now. Wilson is averaging 4.4 ypa. Matt Ryan hit a wall in his age 37 season. Wilson seems to be there at age 35. In his first year with the Broncos he had stated he wanted to play another decade but I highly doubt that happens.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wilson has put up decent numbers this year but it still seems like he is quickly approaching washed out status. Payton's outburst last week at him was criticized by many of the black talking heads on social media (including RGme) and of course it was subtly hinted that it was a racial thing. Wilson has not been worth the trade or costly contract the Broncos are now saddled with. Much like Cleveland with Watson underachieving (when he actually plays) really cement how manufactured this black QB push is.

Zappe has almost twice as many passing yards as Wilson right now. Wilson is averaging 4.4 ypa. Matt Ryan hit a wall in his age 37 season. Wilson seems to be there at age 35. In his first year with the Broncos he had stated he wanted to play another decade but I highly doubt that happens.
A local talking head mentioned that Denver may be one of the teams that Mike Tomlin might be "traded" to and the only possible reason is because Payton dared to get pissed off in public at a black player. Ludicrous, as first of all Tomlin won't be "traded" and secondly no way Denver will jettison Payton after one season, when the team has improved quite a bit as the season has gone along.

I had hoped Jarrett Stidham would have had a chance to start but it hasn't happened. But there's always next year as White QBs can't be held down while Wilson has faded quickly the past two years even while being one of the very few Black QBs to play well into his early 30s.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Glad to see he is out there getting some playing time. Anyone know if Ethan Bonner did anything in the Dolphins game today?

Saw him on special teams and I think for a snap or two in dime. Miami isn't the worst team from a caste perspective; especially considering Bonner got 11 snaps at CB last week, including a pass defensed. Be interesting to see if they make a spot for him on the roster, as he's used up two practice squad elevations already. If he and Moss both ended up on active rosters, with DeJean a prospective first-rounder, we'd be entering what passes as a modern golden age of white CBs in the NFL.

NEP01

Guru
Greg Olson played a non-taboo position and was well liked by his black teammates at Miami. Wouldn't surprise me if he's always been in a state of blissful ignorance.

Rocky B

Master
Glad to see he is out there getting some playing time. Anyone know if Ethan Bonner did anything in the Dolphins game today?
He was active, but didn’t show up on the stat sheet.....
I looked it up and noticed that Cracraft was inactive so they could insert Chase Claypool
After hearing about the dumb Mendenhall crap this week, Pat Mcafee and others mentioned how we’d get torched at corner. (If we played blacks vs whites). I didn’t hear anyone mention Moss, Bonner or the upcoming DeJean. They said we’d have to play a bunch of lighter linebackers at corner.... ugghh

Warhawk_46

Master
It's awesome how good Joe Flacco has been for the blackest team in NFL history, better than Watson and their other QBs combined. Will he keep his starting gig for them next year or will the organization's rabid anti-White racism still prevail?

It's been a great season for White QBs-- starters, old starters like Flacco, and backups who've gotten to play. Just like with tight end and linebacker, good old Whitey usually produces very well when given an opportunity.
I predict right back to the serial rub and tug maestro Watson.

This is the Browns we are talking about.

Warhawk_46

Master
We live in the "Wizard of Oz" Society. Those who tell the truth will be hated. Not just about sports but all of the pyramids
of lies that hold together the Matrix. I would rather live humble and speak the truth. Most athletes and former athletes
like all stars, politicians, etc. etc. are addicted the love of money and power. Greg O. is just another of an infinite amount
of gate keepers. Tell a lie enough and people believe it to be the truth!
We are in the end times brother. Where Truth is called lies and lies called truth. This extends far beyond the playing fields.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We are in the end times brother. Where Truth is called lies and lies called truth. This extends far beyond the playing fields.
Could well be, but this thread is about Week 16 not the "Wizard of Oz."

Phil

Guru
Week 16 Games

Ezekiel Elliot(Patriots)- 12 carries for 27 yards 2.2 avg.
Alvin Kamara (Saints) 9 carries for 18 yards 2.1 avg
Ty Chandler(Vikings) 8 carries for 17 yards 2.1 avg
Jerome Ford(Browns) 15 carries for 25 yards 1.7 avg
Chuba Hubbard(Panthers) 16 carries for 43 yards 2.7 avg
Jonathan Taylor(Colts) 18 carries for 43 yards 2.4 avg
Travis Etienne Jr.(Jaguars) 6 carries for 12 yards 2.0 avg
Rachaad White(Buccaneers) 20 carries for 39 yards 1.9 avg
Chase Edmonds(Buccaneeers) 10 carriers for 25 yards 2.5 avg
Javonte Williams(Broncos) 11 carries for 24 yards 2.2 avg

But remember, Brad Roberts isn't good enough for the NFL.

wile

Master
So I ignored the NFL yesterday nothing on my local tv stations that interested so I tuned in early today to see the Pack won a barn burner 33-30 and outside of Thielen no one cared an iota. As for that Olesen fella I never listen to any of those clowns for commentary outside of the technical aspects of the game that maybe I don't know about or the tv coverage did not show me. What amazes me is that many of you watch, listen and read that garbage which to me is like gargling with Draino.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
He was active, but didn’t show up on the stat sheet.....
I looked it up and noticed that Cracraft was inactive so they could insert Chase Claypool
After hearing about the dumb Mendenhall crap this week, Pat Mcafee and others mentioned how we’d get torched at corner. (If we played blacks vs whites). I didn’t hear anyone mention Moss, Bonner or the upcoming DeJean. They said we’d have to play a bunch of lighter linebackers at corner.... ugghh
Gunner Olszewski is another athlete that has been forgotten. Genius moved him to slot WR, but was a stud CB at D2 level. I’d be confident going into a game with Moss, DeJean, Bonner, and Gunner O.

Sorry I don’t believe the lie about superhuman negro DBs. I watch the games every week and these loose hipped affletes can’t even turn around to play the ball LOL.

We could pick up the CB from Dartmouth from a year ago too. Ryan Davis was it? Had 10 career IVY League ints and ran a 4.4. Didn’t get a sniff of interest. Going back a few years, Leo Musso is another guy that would have been a natural Slot CB. Would have been a great RB too! 39inch vertical as a JR in HS.

But for caste clowns like McAfee, easier to go along with the lie. After all, look at all those shekels he’s accumulated by acting like a 35yr old frat boy.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Week 16 Games

Good post! Or Borghi! Or Nall!

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Week 16 Games

As has been stated many times on this wonderful site, the talent pool is shriveling up. Blacks are beginning to fail even in athletics and are only artificially propped up via caste systems in sports. Brad Roberts, Max Borghi, Ryan Nall, Zach Zenner, Hunter Luepke, Tony Gerhart, Rex Burkhead, Brandon Wegher, etc. are all leagues better than many of the scrub running backs on rosters.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gunner Olszewski is another athlete that has been forgotten. Genius moved him to slot WR, but was a stud CB at D2 level. I’d be confident going into a game with Moss, DeJean, Bonner, and Gunner O.

Sorry I don’t believe the lie about superhuman negro DBs. I watch the games every week and these loose hipped affletes can’t even turn around to play the ball LOL.

We could pick up the CB from Dartmouth from a year ago too. Ryan Davis was it? Had 10 career IVY League ints and ran a 4.4. Didn’t get a sniff of interest. Going back a few years, Leo Musso is another guy that would have been a natural Slot CB. Would have been a great RB too! 39inch vertical as a JR in HS.

But for caste clowns like McAfee, easier to go along with the lie. After all, look at all those shekels he’s accumulated by acting like a 35yr old frat boy.

Even with Mendenhall came out with his blatant racism all of the commentators found their own way to spin in into a belittling of White players. I saw a clip of McAfee on YouTube with this whole debate and he of course said that Whites get Puka Nacua and claim the poly players. Rather than make it an honest debate they all turn it into a joke belittling their talents. Most White athletes and ex-athletes won’t stick up for themselves or speak out on behalf of others.

I think the only time I’ve witnessed a White athlete sticking up for himself against self depreciation was when Tom Zbikowski was at the combine and the idiot NFL staffer referred to him as Rudy. He told the staffer never to say that again.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A local talking head mentioned that Denver may be one of the teams that Mike Tomlin might be "traded" to and the only possible reason is because Payton dared to get pissed off in public at a black player. Ludicrous, as first of all Tomlin won't be "traded" and secondly no way Denver will jettison Payton after one season, when the team has improved quite a bit as the season has gone along.

I had hoped Jarrett Stidham would have had a chance to start but it hasn't happened. But there's always next year as White QBs can't be held down while Wilson has faded quickly the past two years even while being one of the very few Black QBs to play well into his early 30s.

I think Tomlin will get a contract extension from what I have heard. Back to Wilson it was nice to see him lose to Zappe in both the game and statistically. I was never really high on Zappe coming out but he has performed well. Would be interesting if Sean Payton took some interest in him as Zappe is physically similar to Drew Brees. Payton was supposed to resurrect Wilson and give him a Brees like renaissance in Denver which has not happened. Perhaps it's the egg nog talking but it's at least a theory that should be monitored. With all of the White backup QBs playing well through stretches this year I would hope that some get to parlay these opportunities into starting jobs.