2023 NFL Preseason

TwentyTwo

Master
Saints TE Lucas Krull 7 receptions 106 yards!

Looks like a top tier running back to me! Reminiscent of Hillis. Big and strong and quick feet with excellent hands.
Yeah they called him the "Majestic Beast" at powerhouse North Dakota State Bison for a reason!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Saints TE Lucas Krull 7 receptions 106 yards!

Yeah they called him the "Majestic Beast" at powerhouse North Dakota State Bison for a reason!
Even on Cowboys forums he seems very popular and a lot of people want him to make the roster since he's so versatile.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking his chances would be a lot higher, almost a lock based on how he was used all preseason, performance and experience. However, upon reading various (((media))) projections, it seems like most see him getting cut so your 25% call is fair. Apparently there are a few upsiders, I’ve literally never heard of, who would be better suited for the 5th and 6th spots.
It's usually a bad sign when a White player plays a lot in the preseason as teams usually expose those they regard as starters to as little game action as possible to keep them healthy. Outstanding performance rarely counts for anything other than maybe getting them on the practice squad. There's exceptions of course but it's usually confined to rookies drafted early with Drew Sanders being a good example this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. I watched the early part of the game and he was nervous, and for good reason. But he did make some really nice plays, holding onto the ball with both hands knowing that a single fumble or bad play could doom his NFL chances.

I'd like to see him lose 10 pounds but of course he has to have the look of a "fullback" rather than a running back, which is what he is. If he ever gets a chance it'll be after a racial apprenticeship or a 2008 Peyton Hillis style array of injuries. Mike McCarthy is far from the worst coach in the league, hopefully he does the right thing and gives Luepke some touches this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Agreed. I watched the early part of the game and he was nervous, and for good reason. But he did make some really nice plays, holding onto the ball with both hands knowing that a single fumble or bad play could doom his NFL chances.

I'd like to see him lose 10 pounds but of course he has to have the look of a "fullback" rather than a running back, which is what he is. If he ever gets a chance it'll be after a racial apprenticeship or a 2008 Peyton Hillis style array of injuries. Mike McCarthy is far from the worst coach in the league, hopefully he does the right thing and gives Luepke some touches this season.

This is so true. Our guys are forced to put on weight which slows them down even more. Of course they look at them as mostly blocking
fullbacks and special teams guys. They do the same thing to many of our tall fast receivers forcing them to gain weight and become tightends. Nothing against tightends but let the guys that are naturally big guys do it and stop forcing our tall guys to go into the racially
appointed position. Just like many of our running backs are turned into linebackers. All part of the Caste System.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ironman Travis Kelce hyperextended his knee in practice today and may not play Thursday. George Kittle and Mark Andrews are also battling injuries while it's looking like Cooper Kupp could miss at least the first game of the season.

NFL teams go to great lengths now to limit contact in the preseason in order to keep injuries to a minimum, but there's still been a ton of them anyway, lots of Black players currently with injuries too not just White ones. Many of them seem to be hamstring injuries. The injury plague will sooner or later cause a lot of fantasy football players to give up, which of course isn't necessarily a bad thing as fantasy and gambling are the two primary reasons the NFL remains so popular and is America's secular religion.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ironman Travis Kelce hyperextended his knee in practice today and may not play Thursday. George Kittle and Mark Andrews are also battling injuries while it's looking like Cooper Kupp could miss at least the first game of the season.

NFL teams go to great lengths now to limit contact in the preseason in order to keep injuries to a minimum, but there's still been a ton of them anyway, lots of Black players currently with injuries too not just White ones. Many of them seem to be hamstring injuries. The injury plague will sooner or later cause a lot of fantasy football players to give up, which of course isn't necessarily a bad thing as fantasy and gambling are the two primary reasons the NFL remains so popular and is America's secular religion.

I hope Travis Kelce can heal fast. He is on a historic chase with only 2 NFL Tightends ahead of him on the All Time Receiving List. I would
like to see him do what Witten didn't do. I love Jason Witten but he only 2nd. I want our guys to be the best.

Fast healing to Kupp too as last year sucked without him flying down the sidelines lighting up the scoreboard. Kupp & Cmac are my 2
favorite players to watch!

Warhawk_46

Master
I agree in that fantasy football has lulled too many into paying attention to an otherwise dying sport. Black talent is shriveling up. Many whites go to other sports or into business as is.