2023 MLB Draft

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Through the first 16 picks there have been no black or Dominican or Cuban, etc. players selected. However, the 17th pick is a black player from Vanderbilt.
Looks like plenty of white talent coming in the near future. LSU's studs P Paul Skenes and CF Dylan Crews went 1 and 2.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Through the first 16 picks there have been no black or Dominican or Cuban, etc. players selected. However, the 17th pick is a black player from Vanderbilt.
Looks like plenty of white talent coming in the near future. LSU's studs P Paul Skenes and CF Dylan Crews went 1 and 2.
Two Wake Forest players, P Rhett Lowder and 3B Brock Wilken went 7 and 18th.

Paul Skenes would love to be a 2-way player in majors Paul Skenes notes that he would love to keep hitting in the big leagues and be a 2-way player like Shohei Ohtani.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yes combing through The Draft’s 1st day, it seemed to be around 80% White players drafted.
Paul Skenes would love to be a 2-way player in majors Paul Skenes notes that he would love to keep hitting in the big leagues and be a 2-way player like Shohei Ohtani.

That would be cool and hopefully the Pirates allow him to do so.

Bryce Eldridge, who was drafted at #16 by the Giants, is another two-way player. The HS talent is 6’-7” and profiles as a lefty power hitting 1st baseman and a pitcher with a mid 90s fastball and good slider. The Giants seem willing to develop two-way guys, so he’s another to key an eye on.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
When do we really see White athletes benefitting from a non-White athlete? This is a promising trend all made a possibility by the success of Ohtani. I’ve never had an issue rooting for the Japanese players in the major leagues as they were all very good - Ichiro, Matsui, Nomo and now the admittedly very impressive Ohtani.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
When do we really see White athletes benefitting from a non-White athlete? This is a promising trend all made a possibility by the success of Ohtani. I’ve never had an issue rooting for the Japanese players in the major leagues as they were all very good - Ichiro, Matsui, Nomo and now the admittedly very impressive Ohtani.
Honestly, their lack of showboating and professional demeanor along w smart play make it easy to pull for the Japanese major leaguers.

Also, they tend not to be weighted down with ridiculous chains.

booth

Mentor
I noticed that the Blue Jays selected Arjun Nimmola with the 20th pick. He is the first player of Indian descent to be selected. He played cricket before taking up baseball. As if whites don't have enough competition from all over the world.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I noticed that the Blue Jays selected Arjun Nimmola with the 20th pick. He is the first player of Indian descent to be selected. He played cricket before taking up baseball. As if whites don't have enough competition from all over the world.
Toronto, a conquered city, selecting their new preferred demographic.

Toronto, a conquered city, selecting their new preferred demographic.
I just saw that a couple doors down from my childhood home, a neighborhood that was lily white just 20 years ago, had 3 little Indians playing in the front yard. But we aren't supposed to comment on our people's genocide. Just shut up and watch everything you loved be destroyed and stolen. Diversity is a national religion and you aren't allowed to question it or you're a heretic.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I just saw that a couple doors down from my childhood home, a neighborhood that was lily white just 20 years ago, had 3 little Indians playing in the front yard. But we aren't supposed to comment on our people's genocide. Just shut up and watch everything you loved be destroyed and stolen. Diversity is a national religion and you aren't allowed to question it or you're a heretic.
I feel that. My hometown was around 80 percent white in the 90s plummeting towards 50 now.. Progress.