2023 Kansas City Chiefs

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs look to be around the same amount of whites total as last year, but surprisingly will often have three or more palefaces on defense in many situations. Led by the aptly named "Fat Bastard" Andy Reid. He was given this moniker here at CF back in his Philadelphia Eagles days for his overly dark teams. Brett Veach is the GM and handles personnel for the Chiefs. He's very good at what he does and is the reason for the few whites that the Chiefs have. Clark Hunt is among the better team owners and stays out of the way of the folks he's paying to run the team.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
16 Whites total, with 5 starters. Grade: F+

QB - Blaine Gabber
WR - Justin Watson
TE - Travis Kelce, Noah Gray, Blake Bell
C - Creed Humphrey, Nick Allegretti
G - Joe Thuney, Mike Caliendo
LB - Leo Chenal, Drue Tranquill, Jack Cochrane
DE - George Karlaftis

K - Harrison Butker
P - Tommy Townsend
LS - James Winchester

IR - None
PS - Matt Bushman (TE), Cole Christiansen (LB), Gerrit Prince (TE), Austin Reiter (C).

Offense is grim, with only Humphrey and Thuney on the O-line. They are two of the best in the business though. The backups Calliente and Allegretti will certainly see reps, especially Allegretti who is a jack-of-all-trades on the line. TE is an all paleface affair for the Chiefs with all-world Travis Kelce being the de-facto receiver #1 for this offense. Reid runs a lot of 2 and 3 TE sets, with Blake Bell(dozer) often in at FB or H-back. Noah Gray is the other pass-catching TE.

Justin Watson should get a lot of time considering who is in front of him. He has that "sneaky speed" that seems to befuddle opposing cornerbacks. Now if Mahomes can just throw the ball his way a bit more. Andy Reid is the main playcaller and architect of the offense, but just for the record, the Offensive Coordinator (offensive is an accurate description) is CF favorite Matt (rat) Nagy, caste master extraordinare who did such a wonderful job with the Bears as HC.

On defense the Chiefs should be far more entertaining with Karlaftis, Chenal and Tranquill in for maybe the majority of snaps. All three are every-down players.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
An addendum pertaining to tonight's opening game with the Detroit Lions, Travis Kelce is questionable due to a knee hyperextension suffered in practice on Tuesday. He's kind of minute-by-minute for the game, if he can't go, they will likely call up Matt Bushman to the active roster for the game. Bushman was one of the players that all eyes were on in the preseason and he didn't do as well as he could have. It could be a golden opportunity as his skill set is very similar to Kelce.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great writeup FBD.

The Chiefs have enough key White players to peak my interest. I've also come to respect Mahomes and probably enjoy watching him the most out of the non-White quarterbacks. My biggest gripe with this team is that Tranquill signed to be backup, albeit one who gets alot of snaps. I get that he might have opted to join a team with a good chance of making the SB and valued that over a better deal on a worse team. Its just frustrating that he was one of the premier linebackers in the league last year, but wasn't treated as such.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Great writeup FBD.

The Chiefs have enough key White players to peak my interest. I've also come to respect Mahomes and probably enjoy watching him the most out of the non-White quarterbacks. My biggest gripe with this team is that Tranquill signed to be backup, albeit one who gets alot of snaps. I get that he might have opted to join a team with a good chance of making the SB and valued that over a better deal on a worse team. Its just frustrating that he was one of the premier linebackers in the league last year, but wasn't treated as such.
That and as Don has mentioned, he signed for peanuts compared to other LB's of his caliber.

woody39

Mentor
Great writeup FBD.

I agree great write up.

Chiefs have good depth and are watchable as both a great team with arguably the best quarterback in the league in Mahommes and a good deal of white starters. Credit where its Mahommes is awesome.

Think Watson will be out there alot and could break out with Kelce and the white players on the front seven will enjoy watching them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Drue Tranquill played just 19% of the Week One snaps. I don't care how much happy talk he engages in to try to spin how glad he is to sign with the Chiefs, he signed for way under his market value and is now fourth on the LB totem pole on a team that usually only has two linebackers on the field. It's a disaster for a guy who is in the prime of his career.

Leo Chenal played just 40% of the snaps but did make a noticeable impact.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Drue Tranquill played just 19% of the Week One snaps. I don't care how much happy talk he engages in to try to spin how glad he is to sign with the Chiefs, he signed for way under his market value and is now fourth on the LB totem pole on a team that usually only has two linebackers on the field. It's a disaster for a guy who is in the prime of his career.

I've often wondered why players chase the ring so much? To play on the best teams it's even harder to cement yourself in the starting
rotation. So many guys that choose to play on these championship caliber teams take a back seat in their playing time. If it was myself
I would choose to be on an average team and play as much as I would for as long as I could. The toll the game of football takes on your
body to me makes the money & the contracts of the utmost importance. Many former players are never the same again physically so you
have to make as much as you can while you can. As great as winning super bowls are I would choose playing time and the best financial
contracts for myself and my family. Just my thoughts. Hope he gets to play more as the season goes on. I expect he will but it may not be
as much as we would like him to.

jphoss

Mentor

It was a disaster of a signing for him and could end up ruining his career. I can see him barely playing this year, get cut in the offseason and having so little production due to his lack of playing time there may not be much interest. I hope i am wrong bc he’s a heck of a player and a great role model

Bucky

Hall of Famer
It would be interesting to have someone ask him why he signed for peanuts? No other caste squad was interested, even coming off a career year?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After three games, Justin Watson leads the Chiefs with 7 catches for 158 yards. Just like last year he's averaging over 20 yards per catch. Very few receivers ever average 20 yards per reception. Still, he's being underutilized again as Mahomes is spreading the ball among all the different receivers.

Now that he's healthy, Travis Kelce should quickly vault to the top of the team's reception leaders, but it would be nice to see Watson used a lot more all over the field and not just for an occasional deep throw. Watson can easily be a thousand yard receiver, but would the Chiefs "allow" that to happen given Kelce's annual stats? The world champs with the best receiving tight end ever and a thousand yard wide receiver? Not likely but possible.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
After three games, Justin Watson leads the Chiefs with 7 catches for 158 yards. Just like last year he's averaging over 20 yards per catch. Very few receivers ever average 20 yards per reception. Still, he's being underutilized again as Mahomes is spreading the ball among all the different receivers.

Now that he's healthy, Travis Kelce should quickly vault to the top of the team's reception leaders, but it would be nice to see Watson used a lot more all over the field and not just for an occasional deep throw. Watson can easily be a thousand yard receiver, but would the Chiefs "allow" that to happen given Kelce's annual stats? The world champs with the best receiving tight end ever and a thousand yard wide receiver? Not likely but possible.
Every time I read a fantasy blurb on Watson, the writer makes it sound like it’s a shock that he was so “heavily used” and that he was the most productive receiver. These cucked Whites and jews just can’t admit that this guy is good. An honest writer would not only acknowledge that, but suggest the Watson would be a breakout star with a healthier amount of targets.

Below are the statlines of five Chiefs wide receivers:

Player A (contract: $25M over next 2 years):
6 catches
104 receiving yards (average 17.3)
2 catches of longer than 20 yards

Player B (contract: $6.5M over next 4 years):
13 catches
140 receiving yards (average 10.8)
1 catch of longer than 20 yards

Player C (contract: $5.3M over next 3 years):
7 catches
112 receiving yards (average 16.0)

Player D (contract: $4.4M over next 2 years):
9 catches
53 receiving yards (average 6.3)
0 catches of longer than 20 yards

Player E (contract: $3.4M over next 2 years):
8 catches
163 receiving yards (average 20.4)
3 catches of longer than 20 yards

Answers:
A: Marquez Valdes-Scantling
B: Rashee Rice
C: Skyy Moore
D: Kadarius Toney
E: Justin Watson

Most people on this site could probably tell you right away who player E is.

Most "experts" would probably take several guesses to identify him, if they even know his name at all. In fact, if you gave them his first name, they might still get it wrong (there's another player on the roster with the same first name, although spelled differently).

jphoss

Mentor
Just saw that Tranquil led the team in tackles this past week and the week before and is now the team leader in total tackles. In a true “meritocracy” the team leader in tackles wouldn’t be benched but we all know what will happen once Bolten comes back

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Below are the statlines of five Chiefs wide receivers:

Player A (contract: $25M over next 2 years):
6 catches
104 receiving yards (average 17.3)

Player B (contract: $6.5M over next 4 years):
13 catches
140 receiving yards (average 10.8)
1 catch of longer than 20 yards

Player C (contract: $5.3M over next 3 years):
7 catches
112 receiving yards (average 16.0)

Player D (contract: $4.4M over next 2 years):
9 catches
53 receiving yards (average 6.3)
0 catches of longer than 20 yards

Player E (contract: $3.4M over next 2 years):
8 catches
163 receiving yards (average 20.4)
3 catches of longer than 20 yards

Answers:
A: Marquez Valdes-Scantling
B: Rashee Rice
C: Skyy Moore
D: Kadarius Toney
E: Justin Watson

Most people on this site could probably tell you right away who player E is.

Most "experts" would probably take several guesses to identify him, if they even know his name at all. In fact, if you gave them his first name, they might still get it wrong (there's another player on the roster with the same first name, although spelled differently).
Good post.

MVS must be one of the most overpaid receivers. I honestly thought he’d be making 5 mil a year based on past production. What a waste of money.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I love the names though

Marquez, Rashee, Skyy, Kadarius

And of course the underpaid, Ivy League grad…
Justin

Truly a clown world we are in

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Ebonics names are nothing if not creative.

Kadarius? JaMarcus ? Anfernee?

These are some of the less ridiculous ones too!

What’s in a name? Well with these Ebonics names I think it’s a display of hatred of tradition combined with low iq parenting.

Seeing these names is a reminder of the rift in between white and black society. It wasn’t like this into the 80s and even 90s. But it’s really blossomed in the last 25 years or so.

Yet another bad feature of America 2.0

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Watson's injury was a clean dislocation. Everything is back where it belongs with no damage to the cartilage or ligaments. As for how long he'll be out, it's simply how fast things heal up, swelling goes away and range of motion is back. Could be two weeks, could be a month. In the meantime it looks like the Chiefs will be bringing back Mecole "mr upside" Hardman in a trade with the Jets. At least he knows how to run a jet sweep. Can't catch a cold though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This should ensure that Drue Tranquill is a starter for the rest of the regular season, and hopefully will increase Chanel's snaps as well.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Chiefs LB Nick Bolton (wrist) will have surgery on his dislocated wrist and is expected to “miss roughly two months.”
Bolton exited Sunday’s contest against the Chiefs and was in visible pain heading toward the sideline. His wrist was caught up in a bad place while making a tackle on Keenan Allen, and dislocated while bringing him down. Bolton has 28 tackles and one interception through four games with the Chiefs this season, and is likely headed to injured reserve.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
This should ensure that Drue Tranquill is a starter for the rest of the regular season, and hopefully will increase Chanel's snaps as well.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports Chiefs LB Nick Bolton (wrist) will have surgery on his dislocated wrist and is expected to “miss roughly two months.”
Bolton exited Sunday’s contest against the Chiefs and was in visible pain heading toward the sideline. His wrist was caught up in a bad place while making a tackle on Keenan Allen, and dislocated while bringing him down. Bolton has 28 tackles and one interception through four games with the Chiefs this season, and is likely headed to injured reserve.
And Jack Cochrane as well. It's too bad for Bolton who seems like a standup guy and teammate, and a good player also.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
With WR Justyn Ross likely a healthy scratch for this game due to legal issues (charged with two misdemeanors, domestic battery and criminal damage to property, you know, TNB stuff), Justin Watson has been back on the practice field this week wearing a sleeve. Like most white NFL players, he's tough as nails. I hope he's sufficiently healed to not do any additional damage to the elbow and that he tears it up this weekend.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As expected with Nick Bolton out for two months, Drue Tranquill played 99% of the snaps in Week 8. But what's really encouraging is that Leo Chenal played 69% and outsnapped Willie Gay for only the second time this season, and had a huge game by the way. Gay was at 41%, while Jack Cochrane's playing time edged up to 20%. So the Chiefs are moving closer to a snow patrol at LB, which is cool since they're the top dog in the league again until someone knocks them off. Add in George Karlaftis who is having a very strong second season and the KC defense is comparable to those of Detroit and Cincinnati.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Trade deadline has come and gone. I was honestly hoping that the Chiefs would swap Richie James for Hunter Renfro, but interdivisional trades are very rare. Right now the Chefs could really use a receiver like Renfro, somebody with outstanding short-area quickness, the ability to get open and good hands. The only WR's they have that are worth a lick are Justin Watson and the rookie Rashee Rice.