2023 Alabama Crimson Tide

Since 2007, Alabama has started 4 , 3, 8, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 6, 4, 2, 3, 1 and 1 white(s).

An incredibly uninspiring team per the usual, although there are some decently intriguing players.

At QB, Ty Simpson is battling a quota and Notre Dame transfer Tyler Buchner, who is half asian (I'll let you guys decide). Buchner's surprise transfer indicates that they weren't too confident about this QB room. Further down are two highly recruited white QBs in Dylan Longeran and Eli Holstein. Julian Sayin joins the team next year, but still somehow with all this white talent at QB they find room to not start them.

Maryland TE CJ Dippre is a talented transfer who should be one to watch for in the future. He's battling partial starter Robbie Ouzts for the starting job. Miles Kitselman is also in a TE room that will see the field a lot.

True freshman WR Cole Adams is a 10.6 speedster who could redshirt, but also may see the field returning kicks or punts. Another true freshman is Sawyer Deerman, a preferred walk on who turned down multple D1 FBS offers to stay local.

The defensive side is very bare but interestingly features two freshmen safeties, Jake Pope (SS / RS freshman) and Brayson Hubbard (FS / true freshman), who are projected to see playing time.

Offense -
QB - Ty Simpson or Tyler Buchner* or quota
TE - Robbie Ouzts or CJ Dippre
C - Seth McLaughlin

Defense -
None

Back ups include QBs Dylan Longeran and Eli Holstein, TE Miles Kitselman, C James Brockermeyer, RT Wilkin Formby, SS Jake Pope and FS Brayson Hubbard.

Phall

Master
I wondered what happened to CJ Dippre! Weird career ark on his part to go from one black TE room to another, better black TE room.

Alabama remains one of the shittiest, most anti-white teams in the country, and I will root for them to lose every week! Even in (and especially) games against fellow anti-white SEC squads.

Phall

Master
Tyler Buchner (half-Asian) ran Tommy Rees' offense last year at Notre Dame (not well, mind you). I wonder how much of this decision is on Saban vs. his new OC. You would think Buchner would be the one with the real "experience" edge.

Ty Simpson was a five-star stud out of high school two years ago. He's listed as a redshirt freshman: Buchner and Milroe are redshirt sophomores. There's about a 100% chance Simpson bolts if he doesn't pass someone on the depth chart soon.

I'd forgotten that Alabama recruited a couple of white quarterbacks (Dylan Lonergan, Eli Holstein) this past cycle.

jphoss

Mentor
Buchner is another example of how insidious recruiting rankings are. He’s not a good qb, last year he only scored 10 points against Marshal! He can’t read a defense, isn’t accurate, has zero pocket feel yet because he was listed as a top recruit 5 years ago people think he’s got “untapped potential” and “raw talent”. He doesn’t. Buchner was overrated then and he’s overrated now but I’m sure another power 5 team will bring him in next year after he transfers again

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tyler Buchner (half-Asian) ran Tommy Rees' offense last year at Notre Dame (not well, mind you). I wonder how much of this decision is on Saban vs. his new OC. You would think Buchner would be the one with the real "experience" edge.

Ty Simpson was a five-star stud out of high school two years ago. He's listed as a redshirt freshman: Buchner and Milroe are redshirt sophomores. There's about a 100% chance Simpson bolts if he doesn't pass someone on the depth chart soon.

I'd forgotten that Alabama recruited a couple of white quarterbacks (Dylan Lonergan, Eli Holstein) this past cycle.

Hate to see the stockpiling of White QBs at one school. Especially when recent history has shown to recruits that racial preference certainly plays a role.

Buchner is absolute trash, the way he was talked up last year was absurd. I am guessing Saban is hoping this game helps make his decision easier since it's against a lower level FBS team (a cupcake if you will, the kind the SEC love to schedule every year). I can't really see Milroe being any sort of fit in what was a Notre Dame Tommy Reese offense - Ian Book/Jack Coan/Drew Pyne had passing ability and were much more accurate than I suspect Milroe is.

jphoss

Mentor
And what the dwf’s are forgetting is that the best bama offense was run by an “unathletic” white who was deadly accurate and processed information quicker than anyone else. Also happens to be Bama’s last title run