2022 College Football week 12

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Ball State vs. Ohio. Carson Steele 8 carries 56 yards in the first quarter. Ball State up 3-0.

Rocky B

Master
Steele is just a bad ass dude.....He started off with a carry or two for nothing.....Then bam......Two or three awesome runs....Tune in gang.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Steele is just a bad ass dude.....He started off with a carry or two for nothing.....Then bam......Two or three awesome runs....Tune in gang.
Thanks for the heads up. I forgot he plays tonight and the season is almost over. Finish strong young man!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
After gaining 93 yards in the first half, Steele under the tent. Head hit the turf hard. Hopefully not a concussion.

TwentyTwo

Master
Carson Steele (14 carries 96 yards) with some nice runs in the 1st half; but it's also been a rough night; now in the medical Tent after helmet hit the turf hard. Hope he is ok (no concussion). 2nd fumble of the night (one the defenders helmet perfectly hit the ball)

Thanks CS we posted at same time

Ohio U. WR Sam Wiglusz (5 - 63) caught a TD earlier.
Just now QB Rourke now hurt big hit on a pass ; almost a late hit...ouuch! It's plenty Cold too.
RB Jake Neatherton 3 carries 14 yards

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tanner Knue with a clutch 3rd down conversion. It's a shame he was not used more during the season. Samson Evans up to 51 yards rushing - over 900 for the year. A very good chance a 1000 yard season!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Samson Evans finishes with 33 carries for 94 yards w/ a TD. Not the best YPC but he was effective in the win. He should hit 1k yards next week.

TwentyTwo

Master
Tulane QB Michael Pratt nice TD run showing that sneaky speed on 26 yard TD Run . 2nd rushing TD already + TD Passing ; still early 2nd Qtr @ 12:22 ...leading SMU 28 - 7. RB/FB Tyler Lavine 1 carry ran into a wall...has a 10 yard catch . EDIT...(7 carries 27 yards)
Still no TJ McDaniel

FCS
DB Jack Henderson (SE Louisiana) is the Real Deal 6'-3" 205 .....could he be in the Jon McGraw / Daniel Sorenson mold?>

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
USF WR Sean Atkins had a big game tonight with a 9-115-1 stat line. He had a season stat line of 9-121-1 coming into this game, I don’t follow USF closely but I assume there was an injury that thrusted him into a starting role. He should’ve been starting the whole season!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Assuming Atkins was stuck behind some of the worlds greatest athletic rejects in S. Florida. Good for him to play well when given a chance. Common theme for our men.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
USF WR Sean Atkins had a big game tonight with a 9-115-1 stat line. He had a season stat line of 9-121-1 coming into this game, I don’t follow USF closely but I assume there was an injury that thrusted him into a starting role. He should’ve been starting the whole season!
Nice find!

Tulane QB Michael Pratt nice TD run showing that sneaky speed on 26 yard TD Run . 2nd rushing TD already + TD Passing ; still early 2nd Qtr @ 12:22 ...leading SMU 28 - 7. RB/FB Tyler Lavine 1 carry ran into a wall...has a 10 yard catch . EDIT...(7 carries 27 yards)
Still no TJ McDaniel

FCS
DB Jack Henderson (SE Louisiana) is the Real Deal 6'-3" 205 .....could he be in the Jon McGraw / Daniel Sorenson mold?>
Pratt is a good QB and the catalyst behind Tulane's turn around. Don't forget that last season playing Oklahoma he outclassed/outperformed the QB projected to be the #1 pick in the draft by the "experts" (who is know struggling at South Carolina). These types of QBs are always more impressive as they do more with less as opposed to some QBs at the bigger schools who get placed into a system and are automatically praised as the best QB to ever walk the earth.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking ahead to the games today:

Illinois - Michigan - Similar teams in terms of style of play. It should be a tough game for the Wolverines who will hopefully win to keep their playoff spot secure. Bielema has done a good job with the Illini. Tommy DeVito was very mediocre at Syracuse but has been solid this year.

TCU - Baylor - I think Baylor will give TCU a fight. Again, TCU is a team that needs to win out.

Wisconsin - Nebraska: Hopefully a blowout for the Badgers. I'd like Leonard to get the head coaching gig.

Duke - Pitt: Riley Leonard is fun to watch, great dual threat QB.

Iowa - Minnesota - should be a good football game. It would be great for Iowa to win out. Iowa's defense is one of the best.

WKU - Auburn: Not a caste match up in any way but WKU's transfer QB Austin Reed has been very good this year. Would be nice to see him light up an SEC team and gain some positive momentum going into the draft.

Ga Tech - UNC: Drake Maye should put up big numbers and get a late season Heisman campaign bump. I'd recommend this game to any CFers who want to see a great QB operate.

Utah - Oregon: Bo Nix has been prolific this year in terms of offensive production.

Just a note: Coastal Carolina's great QB Grayson McCall is out for the rest of the year. The CCU/UVA game was cancelled today. McCall is getting no draft coverage despite being one of the best/most efficient QBs in the country. He could return next year or declare for the draft. On 739 pass attempts over his career he has only thrown 7 INTs compared to 75 TDs along with showing dual threat ability.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
WVU starting Dual Threat Whitey Garrett Greene over the disappointing JT Daniels today. I wonder if Will Howard will get the start over program killer Adrian Martinez today for KSU.

Its only the first half and UCONN rb, Victor Rosa has 105 yards a TD on only 8 carries. The score is close so maybe he can run for 200 before its all said and done.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Its only the first half and UCONN rb, Victor Rosa has 105 yards a TD on only 8 carries. The score is close so maybe he can run for 200 before its all said and done.

What makes it even better is how young he is. The kid will get even better as his body continues to mature and add natural strength.

Wisconsin down early to Nebraska 7-0 but very early. We got a long ways to go. Let's go Badgers.

I noticed John Rhys Plumlee is out of the game already. I'm not watching it. Is he hurt again? This is horrible news.

El Gringo

Mentor
What makes it even better is how young he is. The kid will get even better as his body continues to mature and add natural strength.

Wisconsin down early to Nebraska 7-0 but very early. We got a long ways to go. Let's go Badgers.

I noticed John Rhys Plumlee is out of the game already. I'm not watching it. Is he hurt again? This is horrible news.

It looks like they f****** benched him. He threw an interception and only has seven rushing yards on two attempts. They brought in the latino quarterback to take his place, or at least split time with him from what I can see on on Twitter and the box score. If they let him run the ball, they be up by two touchdowns by now!

TwentyTwo

Master
Walk on WR Gunnar Henderson 26 yard TD catch !! 2 receptions 46 yards on that drive! Get this man the ball!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It looks like they f****** benched him. He threw an interception and only has seven rushing yards on two attempts. They brought in the latino quarterback to take his place, or at least split time with him from what I can see on on Twitter and the box score. If they let him run the ball, they be up by two touchdowns by now!
UCF loses.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
UCF loses.
I'm glad they lost. It's like there is a conspiracy to hold this kid down. AFter his amazing freshman season at Ole Miss they decided he wasn't right for the job. How do you play a kid all year and he has been very good and great at times and then bench him off one interception
in the game. It doesn't make any sense. This would never happen to a black qb! We all know that. They fear this kid having a chance at the nfl.
UCF needed this game bad so they bench their star player. Man oh man am I angry. If they don't play him next week he also won't reach
1000 yards rushing! Again why would any team do this? We have every right to vent about so many of these unfair situations. The deck is
stacked against our guys.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
McCarthy needs to run the ball more when the opportunity presents itself.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Bresee out for Clemson today with an injury. Shipley 24 yards on 4 carries on the opening drive. Clemson QB miss read on the option or Shipley would've scored a TD. Instead, he kept the ball and got 1 yard.