2015 Free Agency Thread

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bradford has had at least one acl injury and is fragile. He has never come close to playing at foles
level. Baffling decison IMO.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
This is bad news. Starting TE, Luke Willson, was just emerging into a star towards the end of the 2015-2015 season...

Right, totally unnecessary move by Seattle.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Bradford has had at least one acl injury and is fragile. He has never come close to playing at foles
level. Baffling decison IMO.
Yea, it doesn't make sense. Bradford is fragile and overpaid.

Maybe there is another move or trade in store?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it'll open the door for the forgotten Matt Barkley, who would be ideal for Kelly's offense with his accuracy and very sharp, fast-processing mind.

woody39

Mentor
Jake Locker retires from professional football. All those injuries i guess demotivated him, said he did not have the desire to play at the top level anymore, good luck in the future Jake all the best.

referendum

Mentor
I'll be curious to see how the tight end situation shakes out in Denver and Baltimore. Will Daniels emerge as the top tight end in Denver, and who emerges in Baltimore?

woody39

Mentor
I hope Daniels does but dampening the enthusiasm i had earlier is the news they have resigned Virgil Green so maybe he will have to share snaps with him :(

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Locker will give MLB a go?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jake Locker retires from professional football. All those injuries i guess demotivated him, said he did not have the desire to play at the top level anymore, good luck in the future Jake all the best.

What a shame. Locker could have been an awesome running and throwing threat but could never stay healthy. But he should have stuck with it, now he'll end up on those "all-time busts" shows that disproportionately feature Whites.

woody39

Mentor
Little bit of Patriots news with them bringing back James Devlin and James Morris the highly regarded linebacker out of Iowa who got injured last year in the final pre season game when looking like he was going to break the 53 man roster. Hopefully they both stick for this years :)

woody39

Mentor
AJ Hawk to the Bengals on two yr deal. Possibly the Bengals are whitening up with Eifert the undisputed number 1 tight end now Gresham has left in free agency.

white is right

Hall of Famer
AJ Hawk to the Bengals on two yr deal. Possibly the Bengals are whitening up with Eifert the undisputed number 1 tight end now Gresham has left in free agency.
Possibly good news for Zach Line. Jerome Felton was signed by the Bills to be their fullback. This may clear the way for Line to make the 53 man roster and stick for all 16 games in 15'.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I think Chip Kelly deserves credit for giving deserving white players a shot but as a GM I don't think he knows what he's doing.

The Foles trade was awful. Not only did they trade a younger, more successful quarterback for an injury prone player with a high salary they threw in a second and a fourth round pick to do it. The Rams fleeced the Eagles.

I think that Kelly will soon return to the college ranks after his debacle as the de facto GM.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Even the sometimes nauseating walter football slammed the Parnell signing!

Jaguars sign OT Jermey Parnell (5 years, $32M; $13M guaranteed): D Grade
So, let me get this straight: Doug Free, who is the better, more-proven right tackle who played for Dallas last year, received just as much overall money in his contract as what Jermey (not Jeremy) Parnell is seeing in guarantees. Huh?

Someone needs to send a raven to Jacksonville to let general manager David Caldwell know that the right tackle position, contrary to his belief, is not that important of a position. There's absolutely no reason the Jaguars should've spent this much money on a player who has just seven career starts. Sure, Parnell has looked good when thrust into action, but he's an unproven commodity.

Contracts like this are always scary. The Jaguars truly don't know what they're getting in Parnell. Maybe he'll work out, but he has no track record of success. In fact, the one pattern here is a negative one, and it's that bottom-tier teams that sign free agents like this away from superior franchises almost always end up with busts. Sure, it works on occasion, but the probability that this signing won't work out is extremely high.
I thought this was a joke at first. Guy wasn't even a football player in college, he played basketball. Houston Nutt got him to play a few games at DE. Then he has been a fringe NFL type. Not sure how this translates into 32 million. There's a reason he only had 7 starts in so many years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Chip Kelly deserves credit for giving deserving white players a shot but as a GM I don't think he knows what he's doing.

The Foles trade was awful. Not only did they trade a younger, more successful quarterback for an injury prone player with a high salary they threw in a second and a fourth round pick to do it. The Rams fleeced the Eagles.

I think that Kelly will soon return to the college ranks after his debacle as the de facto GM.

Kelly is really pushing all sorts of buttons. I really have never been impressed with Bradford - he has had an injury riddled career and has been average at best when healthy. I guess Shurmur put a bug in Kelly's ear regarding Bradford. I think this is a fairly big gamble. The Rams got the best of this deal.

Kaptain

Master
Foles for Bradford? Ouch. Well you knew since Stephen A. Smiff called Chip Kelly a racist that a white guy was going to go. Riley Cooper may be next. Child abusers, wife beaters, and dog-fighters can be welcomed back with open arms but not a white guy who said a naughty word.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Foles for Bradford? Ouch. Well you knew since Stephen A. Smiff called Chip Kelly a racist that a white guy was going to go. Riley Cooper may be next. Child abusers, wife beaters, and dog-fighters can be welcomed back with open arms but not a white guy who said a naughty word.

My guess is the Eagles will be getting darker over the next several years. Look at the Minnesota Timberwolves which were a half white team last year. Some negro made a statement about it and I count a whopping three white players on the team right now. The Indiana Pacers were half white not too long ago but that didn't last. The Patriots are the only team that has done it consistently.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My guess is the Eagles will be getting darker over the next several years. Look at the Minnesota Timberwolves which were a half white team last year. Some negro made a statement about it and I count a whopping three white players on the team right now. The Indiana Pacers were half white not too long ago but that didn't last. The Patriots are the only team that has done it consistently.

They will be interesting to follow. I think Kelly will keep a pretty white roster. His worst decisions have all been at the qb postion. He may have a little too much faith in his system and was not able to recognize how good Foles was. This draft will tell us a lot.

I am am also surprised the Patriots have not met with klug yet as Wilfork is gone and Bellichek likes versatile dlinemen.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
New England just signed former Dolphin WR, Brandon Gibson, to a 1-year deal. Let's hope this comes at the expense of Aaron Dobson and/or Josh Boyce, not Amendola...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...randon-gibson/

Leonardfan said:
They will be interesting to follow. I think Kelly will keep a pretty white roster. His worst decisions have all been at the qb postion. He may have a little too much faith in his system and was not able to recognize how good Foles was. This draft will tell us a lot.

I am am also surprised the Patriots have not met with klug yet as Wilfork is gone and Bellichek likes versatile dlinemen.

I greatly appreciate what Belichick and the Patriots have done offensively since 2007, but let’s be honest, he/they clearly prefer blacks on the defensive side of the ball. They’ve passed on so many white LB’s in the draft that went on to become stars, they rarely pursue white defensive free agents, and they’ve only drafted four white defensive players (DE Jake Bequette, S Nate Ebner, LB Bo Ruud, and LB Justin Rogers) in their past 10 years of drafting. None of these players ever started a game, and only Ebner made the 53-man roster more than one season.

When was the last time they started a white LB? Dane Fletcher was only an “emergency†fill-in for a few games back in 2011. Before him, Monty Beisel started a few games back in 2005. Before him, it was Ted Johnson and the racially-mixed Tedy Bruschi in the early-mid 2000’s.

When was the last time they started a white safety? Steve Gregory started in 2012 and 2013, but before him, Belichick never started a white safety in his tenure (aside from Matt Stevens back in 2001 during “emergency duty†when Tebucky Jones was injured). Shawn Mayer was on the squad from 2003-2004, but never started a game.

The only position in which Belichick appears to develop whites in any capacity is on the defensive line. DT Mike Wright, DE Jake Bequette, DE Mike Vrabel, DE Rob Ninkovich, DT Joe Vallano, and DE Trevor Scott have all been on the roster in recent years. Of these, only Bequette never saw the field.

I’d love for the Pats to whiten their defense, but it never seems to occur. Oh well, it’s hard to complain about a team with the greatest white QB of all time, permitted Edelman to play CB, has started a white running back (Woodhead), developed a white player into the best TE in football (Gronkowski), has signed/developed/drafted more white WR’s (Welker, Edelman, Amdendola, Ebert, Collie) than most other teams combined, and have had an all-white OL for 8 years (the only exception being black OG, Brian Waters, who started in 2011).