2015 College Football Season Week 3

dwid

Hall of Famer
I was watching the Stanford game at a resturaunt/bar And they changed it to Alabama after I ordered food..."do u mind if we change it?" I said yes and another dude decked out in Stanford gear was watching it...bull****...just one dwf watching Alabama because Colorado vs Colorado state was on main tvs

TwentyTwo

Master
WR Richard Mullaney with the vertical on the TD catch & run....while one dwf on msg. board goes "lol at the white guy"

Announcers remind us QB Chad Kelly is a better athlete than we think....really?? Why is that?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey over 100 yards rushing! Hogan looks so much better than he did 2 weeks ago and he is playing on an injured leg.

McCaffrey is now over the 100 yard mark, which is pretty good considering he has to play wearing a blue collar and carrying around that lunch pail.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mayfield should be front and center in the Heisman race after today's showing. However the media will continue to ignore him and hype up Boykin as much as possible.

TwentyTwo

Master
Christian McCaffrey finished 115 yards on 26 carries + 3 receptions for 37 yards in the win vs #6 USC

Props to Zach Langer 161 yards rushing on 31 carries & TD & Ryan Switzer's 85 yard punt return TD

FCS RB Kade Harrington (Lamar) 24 carries for 230 yards & 2 TD's + 2 rec / 83 yards & TD
QB Jacob Huesman (UT-Chattanooga) NFL-Sleeper...150 yards rushing & TD

Daniel Braverman (Western Michigan) 14 receptions...167 yards & 2 TD's
Trent Taylor (La.Tech) 12-148-1
Casey Martin (Southern Miss) 5-114-2
Tanner Gentry (Wyoming) 7-127-1
Brendan Cope (Ohio U.) 4-101-1

Cooper Kupp 12-201-3!! Lighting it up as usual!

TE Tyler Higbee (Western Kentucky) 11-109-1

QB Brandon Doughty 484 yards passing 3 TD's

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
Channel surfing again and I landed on an ESPN guy slobbering over some black quarterback (a number 7 for LSU I think?) and how "electrifying" he was and a Heisman candidate already blah blah blah. It was like watching a clip of some Iraqi politician standing up and declaring his undying love and loyalty to Saddam. The ESPN guy was so turned on I was hoping there wouldn't be a money shot at the end.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not a bad week all in all. Iowa and Northwestern are both quietly 3-0 in the Big Ten. Ohio state looks very beatable and once they get into league play they will slip up more than once. Indiana, Michigan State, a very improved Michgan team are all playing up to their potential or have been much improved since last year.

Penn state looks to have given up on a pro style offense - making them a run heavy, bubble screen team. Hackenberg has shown good character and attitude as Franklin has taken the ball out of his hands. I hope he has a solid season from here on out and than gets out of there. Maybe as the run game develops and the line gels Hackenberg will get to be unleashed. Hackenberg has been my biggest disappointment to this point - I still blame the coaching staff more so than him.

Saban paid for not starting Coker. Last year he gave the mediocre Sims a clear shot at the starting job never taking it from him. I though Coker played pretty damn well when he was thrusted into that situation. The Kelly kid from new miss looks pretty good (and a little lucky) - he legitimized himself yesterday playing against Alabama. He has been a pleasant surprise.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Tyler Hunt looks like Missouri's best back. Just had a 51 yard reception complete with a spin move while trucking a defender.
I remember mentioning something about Hunt a few years ago when he was 251st on the depth chart. I saw him play in his high school championship game as a senior. He was a dual-threat QB for his school and ran rings around the competition. Of course, Westran High is only Class 2, so the game featured only outstanding unrecruited white athletes on both sides of the ball.

Nice to see that he's finally been given a chance after 3 years of WSTD work.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I remember mentioning something about Hunt a few years ago when he was 251st on the depth chart. I saw him play in his high school championship game as a senior. He was a dual-threat QB for his school and ran rings around the competition. Of course, Westran High is only Class 2, so the game featured only outstanding unrecruited white athletes on both sides of the ball.

Nice to see that he's finally been given a chance after 3 years of WSTD work.

His perseverance has paid off. A lot of other guys in similar positions don't ever get the opportunity that he's earned for himself! #underdog