2014 NBA Draft

L

Lew

I think the Bulls are going to be a fun team to watch. They traded to get Mcdermott and now drafted Nurkic. This is in addition to all the guys that they already have. Great news.
It's just going to suck if they get Carmelo Anthony.

Riggins44

Master
If you want to see a kid put on one of the most impressive shooting clinics I have ever seen, watch Nik Stauskas just make every single shot look like a layup. This kid in a fair world would be a top 5 pick. He is amazing. I hope he goes to the right team. Watch this clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXsnoYAYJHU

Thanks for posting that. I don't think he missed one shot during the whole video. I hope the Kings trade him since they are such a caste team.

Fortitud3

Guru
Has anyone seen a single black kid with a dad? I'm not paying that much attention to this, but I haven't noticed one.

jh4

Has anyone seen a single black kid with a dad? I'm not paying that much attention to this, but I haven't noticed one.
They've interviewed a few black fathers who are former NBA players: #1: Andrew Wiggins and #2 Jabari Parker for example.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
One guy who I didn't think would get drafted because of the caste system who did get drafted (with the 3rd pick in the 2nd round) was Virginia guard Joe Harris. From watching him countless times in college, I can tell you he's a gifted athlete and definitely has the skills to succeed in the NBA. I'm glad he got picked; best of luck to him in the NBA!! There's been a surprising amount of white players in the 2nd round from looking at the picks... the Bulls got another white player in Cameron Bairstow.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
White Players Drafted Recap

1st Round

1: Nik Stauskas (8)
2: Doug McDermott (11)
3: Dario Saric (12)
4: Jusuf Nurkic (16)
5: Mitch McGary (21)
6: Bogdan Bogdanovic (27)

6/30 or 20%

2nd Round

7: Joe Harris (33)
8: Nikola Jokic (41)
9: Cameron Bairstow (49)
10: Alec Brown (50)
11: Vasilije Micic (52)
12: Alessandro Gentile (53)
13: Nemanja Dangubic (54)

7/30 or 23%

This draft was much worse than last year. Another sad thing is the utter lack of White Americans. Only 4 were selected: McDermott, McGary, Harris and Brown. Stauskas is Canadian.

There is also the chance that some undrafted guys like Aaron Craft, Jordan Bachynski and / or Travis Bader catch on in the right situation.

Last edited:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
I believe 20 out of 60 in last year's draft weren't black, right?

The question is whether or not a lot of these European players with contracts abroad ever come over. Many don't.

Iconoclast

Guru
I watched parts of the NBA draft the other day. I couldn't help noticing that most of the whites being drafted came from outside of the United States. It reminded me of a conversation I had with a doctor friend who said that black children physically mature several years younger than white children so they dominate the High School teams, from which college players are recruited from which NFL/NBA players are recruited. It seems that white children who are allowed to develop in the absence of physically overcharged Africans in their teenage years are more than capable of catching up by their early twenties, but the American collegiate sports system denies them that opportunity.

It's simple: Blacks start hitting puberty around age eleven and are already in their prime between 17-21.

Whites don't hit puberty until 13-15 and don't reach their prime years until 21-25.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
1st Round

1: Nik Stauskas (8)
2: Doug McDermott (11)
3: Dario Saric (12)
4: Jusuf Nurkic (16)
5: Mitch McGary (21)
6: Bogdan Bogdanovic (27)

6/30 or 20%

2nd Round

7: Joe Harris (33)
8: Nikola Jokic (41)
9: Cameron Bairstow (49)
10: Alec Brown (50)
11: Vasilije Micic (52)
12: Alessandro Gentile (53)
13: Nemanja Dangubic (54)

7/30 or 23%
Of these 13 guys, 6 of them are from countries that made up the former Yugoslavia.
That's incredible!