2013 NFL Draft

2BeersinHand

I don't think I'm being paranoid by saying if Swope didn't suffer from a melanin deficiency,a player with his measurables and college production would not last beyond the second round.

dwid

Hall of Famer
NO White receivers drafted yet, or dbs. How does Cooper Taylor not get drafted? No one wants a 6'5 safety with 4.49 speed that can flip his hips just as good as a cb? btw Brandon Browner for the Seahawks is a 6'4 corner with 4.6 speed. After the 4th round you might as well be an UDFA

Tannehill17

Mentor
I then told this idiot DWF that I was arguing with on Facebook that Swope would have been a first rounder had he not been "melanin deficient" He had no answer for that.

Harper and Patton and no Swope??? i think i am done with NFL once and for all. wtf is going on...

It is shocking, disturbing, disheartening, and dam right disappointing!!! Yes, it does feel like if we are the only ones onboard in this derelict ship, but guys, we can not give up without a fight!!!! The internet is our weapon and we must utilize it as an opportunity to enlighten the systematic thinkers..... About an hour ago, I posted the following on my facebook & instagram. It was a picture of Ryan Swope with the following message: "Ryan Swope has not been drafted yet which is blatantly racism!! How is a guy who has better measurements than all of his counterparts all have been drafted by now? What is the point of evaluating talent at the combine if you're just going to sit there and ignore talent due to being the opposite of color blind? I thought this league was progressing, but instead, it's taking a turn for the worse. Position Skill-set players like Swope, Connor Vernon, Josh Lenz, Zach Rodgers, Kaufmann, Rb/Wr Sam Mcguffie (4.28 40 - Vertical Jump 41.5 inches), Rex Burkehead, 4.34 speed Ben Ericksen and an athletic safety like 6 ft 4 225 pounds with 4.49 speed Cody Taylor are all being ignored for their talents and being robbed of making an NFL roster. This is the same kind of stereotypical racism that happened in the old days which caused black qb legends such as Warren Moon to go undrafted. The only difference now is since the early 2000's, blacks have been getting fair opportunities at the qb position while whites are still being screwed at the WR/RB/DB positions. But with all the odds against these athletes, they still somehow manage to produce productive skillset position players such as Welker, Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Danny Amendola, Eric Weddle, Harrison Smith, Brian Hartline, etc..... Fk the Dolphins!!! By now, they should have reunited Swope with Tannehill/Sherman!!! But I guess having two starting wide white receivers on your team will make you look racist in front of the media. But oh wait, just ask the two best offensive teams in the league last year (Pats/Broncos) and ask them how that worked out for them? Smh (shaking my head).........." It already has 17 likes with people commenting on how they agree with me!!!!!

Tannehill17

Mentor
I don't think I'm being paranoid by saying if Swope didn't suffer from a melanin deficiency,a player with his measurables and college production would not last beyond the second round.
Wow, you posted almost the same exact thing I said to that DWF. I guess great minds truly think alike

L

Lew

can't help but crack a smile seeing Denard Robinson who never even played wr in college drafted ahead of Swope. And Swope's measurables were all much better too.

Maybe this ordeal will motivate one of you guys to finally write a book about the caste system. It's a travesty that so few people know about this injustice.

Tannehill17

Mentor
It is shocking, disturbing, disheartening, and dam right disappointing!!! Yes, it does feel like if we are the only ones onboard in this derelict ship, but guys, we can not give up without a fight!!!! The internet is our weapon and we must utilize it as an opportunity to enlighten the systematic thinkers..... About an hour ago, I posted the following on my facebook & instagram. It was a picture of Ryan Swope with the following message: "Ryan Swope has not been drafted yet which is blatantly racism!! How is a guy who has better measurements than all of his counterparts all have been drafted by now? What is the point of evaluating talent at the combine if you're just going to sit there and ignore talent due to being the opposite of color blind? I thought this league was progressing, but instead, it's taking a turn for the worse. Position Skill-set players like Swope, Connor Vernon, Josh Lenz, Zach Rodgers, Kaufmann, Rb/Wr Sam Mcguffie (4.28 40 - Vertical Jump 41.5 inches), Rex Burkehead, 4.34 speed Ben Ericksen and an athletic safety like 6 ft 4 225 pounds with 4.49 speed Cody Taylor are all being ignored for their talents and being robbed of making an NFL roster. This is the same kind of stereotypical racism that happened in the old days which caused black qb legends such as Warren Moon to go undrafted. The only difference now is since the early 2000's, blacks have been getting fair opportunities at the qb position while whites are still being screwed at the WR/RB/DB positions. But with all the odds against these athletes, they still somehow manage to produce productive skillset position players such as Welker, Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Danny Amendola, Eric Weddle, Harrison Smith, Brian Hartline, etc..... Fk the Dolphins!!! By now, they should have reunited Swope with Tannehill/Sherman!!! But I guess having two starting wide white receivers on your team will make you look racist in front of the media. But oh wait, just ask the two best offensive teams in the league last year (Pats/Broncos) and ask them how that worked out for them? Smh (shaking my head).........." It already has 17 likes with people commenting on how they agree with me!!!!!
What facebook group are you posting on? I've been arguing with DWF's and they've all been ganging up on me and none of my posts have any likes (not that I give a sh*t) You're lucky that you have people actually agreeing with you.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The caste system is alive and not going away anytime soon. Best bet is for our guys to be UDFA at this point and to come into training camp pissed off with a chip on their shoulders. ****ing bull**** that it comes down to this..

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
How many whites have been taken on defense in this draft? Two?

a few more than that, but of course the number has to be low, how else do you expect any of these mediocre affletes being taken on offense to do anything if they drafted defense based on talent?

Too bad there isn't a rival to the NFL like the USFL. The play in NFL has become worse each year. You could field a a decent team with free agents this year, of course the hard part would be finding offensive linemen and tight ends, which seems to be the only position that evaulated fairly this year.

Last edited:
Cooper Taylor to the Giants. Mild surprise he was even drafted.

dwid

Hall of Famer
the draft just seems like an extended version of welfare, looking at some of these names and watching their games, there is no way teams can actually believe that they will be anymore than camp bodies. Its much rarer to find starters that are black this late, yet Whites who have been given fair chances have done well.

I have this bad feeling that Swopes won't even be drafted.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I have this bad feeling that Swopes won't even be drafted.
Its pretty much better if he doesn't at this point. I had hopes that he would go in the 4th round after yesterday...didn't happen. If Swope can't make it, what is the hopes of the other White receivers? I guess Decker, Welker, Hartline, Nelson is too many for the NFL, all capable of putting up 1k next year and all have put up 1k in their career. Riley Cooper has been screwed over, Tyler Shoemaker was screwed over but no one even noticed, bigger than Swope, 4.4 speed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Swope is confident and has a bit of swagger, which is a threat to the locker room and "team unity." Even the Broncos have passed up several opportune times to draft him.

This really blows, looks like the five or six other easily draftable White WRs will be free agents or very late picks, along with Burkhead and Line. Chase Thomas is another MIA potential star.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is must not see tv!

It is unbearable. Never have I seen it even close to as bad as this years draft. They wouldn't care if a white guy ran a 4.00 40 dash He still wouldn't get drafted. Why do you think they call it the NFL?

Woody

Guru
This draft has been unreal. I had such high hopes, I thought that the 4th would be a historically white round due to all the highly ranked white prospects who had fallen.

The worst part is that even though around 90% of these affletes will never amount to anything, there will still be more black stars than whites b/c they are drafted at such a higher rate than whites. Even if 70% of whites drafted turned out to be stars we would still be trailing the affletes. And then next year cue more picks wasted on affletes, b/c some teams will hit on a Von Miller or Patrick Willis. Repeat cycle. Ignore 90% failure rate.

Sigh. This is exhausting.