2013-14 NBA Regular Season

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I agree foobar. Everytime I get my hopes up the Twolves let me down. I didn't get to see the game but it seems like they lacked energy all night long. The Knicks are horible but they led wire to wire with no fight from Minnesota despite it being a home game for the Twolves. Minnesota had won 6 out of 7 games until last night. Awful performance by the whole team including Love and I rarely say that! Luckily for them both the Suns and Mavs have been losing but they also have to catch Memphis. There are only 22 games left. Now or never!
They need another piece to get to the next level. I don't know who that is.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Luckily for them both the Suns and Mavs have been losing but they also have to catch Memphis.
It's a shame that these 4 teams battling for the final spot all have compelling White players. Dirk, Dragic, Gasol, Love, Pek, etc.

Ironically, Memphis plays the same number of Whites in their rotation as the Twolves right now. However, the Twolves have 1 more on their roster and start 3 versus the Grizzlies 1.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I agree foobar. Everytime I get my hopes up the Twolves let me down. I didn't get to see the game but it seems like they lacked energy all night long. The Knicks are horible but they led wire to wire with no fight from Minnesota despite it being a home game for the Twolves. Minnesota had won 6 out of 7 games until last night. Awful performance by the whole team including Love and I rarely say that! Luckily for them both the Suns and Mavs have been losing but they also have to catch Memphis. There are only 22 games left. Now or never!

Yeah, but the Suns have shown they can beat good teams as in last nights win over OKC!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Suns have beat just about all of really elite teams. They play with a very aggresive style and they fear no one. I really believe it all starts with Dragic. Put Goran Dragic on the Twolves and I believe they would have won the majority of close games that they lost. I think the number is like 1-12 in close games. I still shake my head on that but they don't even usually have Rubio in there when the game is on the line. That says alot about the kid and how they need him to score more to keep the defenses honest. Ricky Rubio will get better but it may be too late if Love leaves for another team.

As far as tonight goes I see Love having a monster game. I see him scoring 35 to 40 points tonight in a big win for Minnesota. Let's see if my prediction comes true a little bit later on tonight.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Suns have beat just about all of really elite teams. They play with a very aggresive style and they fear no one. I really believe it all starts with Dragic. Put Goran Dragic on the Twolves and I believe they would have won the majority of close games that they lost. I think the number is like 1-12 in close games. I still shake my head on that but they don't even usually have Rubio in there when the game is on the line. That says alot about the kid and how they need him to score more to keep the defenses honest. Ricky Rubio will get better but it may be too late if Love leaves for another team.

As far as tonight goes I see Love having a monster game. I see him scoring 35 to 40 points tonight in a big win for Minnesota. Let's see if my prediction comes true a little bit later on tonight.

T'Wolves whipping the Pistons early 45-29 midway through the second. WL, your prediction may come true with Love, he's at 14 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists in 13 mins., however, if the game gets way out of hand, look for Love to play only about 24 mins., possibly limiting his big game. I hope not. I would like to see him go 40/20/10!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
T'Wolves whipping the Pistons early 45-29 midway through the second. WL, your prediction may come true with Love, he's at 14 points, 6 boards, and 2 assists in 13 mins., however, if the game gets way out of hand, look for Love to play only about 24 mins., possibly limiting his big game. I hope not. I would like to see him go 40/20/10!!

Happy to see them leading by a large margin at the half. They really need to win just about every game and especially when they are at home against non playoff bound teams. Chase Budinger looked good off the bench hitting 3 out of 4 shots. I wish Sved was still playing but they have to stick with what is working. I think once they cut JJ Barera after this season, Sved will get back into the rotation. Love has 14 points at the half. This would be a great game for Rubio to be a little more aggressive shooting the basketball. Gain some confidence.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Mavericks and Dirk handling Portland, 51-33 with 2 mins. left in the half. Nowitzki 10/3/2 so far!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Happy to see them leading by a large margin at the half. They really need to win just about every game and especially when they are at home against non playoff bound teams. Chase Budinger looked good off the bench hitting 3 out of 4 shots. I wish Sved was still playing but they have to stick with what is working. I think once they cut JJ Barera after this season, Sved will get back into the rotation. Love has 14 points at the half. This would be a great game for Rubio to be a little more aggressive shooting the basketball. Gain some confidence.

Minnesota up 97-69 after 3. Love probably done.:sad: He has 24 points/ 11 boards and 4 assists.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Love finished with 28 points and 14 rebounds despite not playing his normal minutes in a big win.

I will be honest. I was rooting for Dallas to lose despite the fact that I love Dirk Nowitzki. They are just a hard team to root for other than Dirk. Nowitzki had a good game with 22 points as the Mavs hung on to win despite blowing a big lead. I mainly watch the Mavs to follow Dirk in his quest to become one of the top scorers in nba history but other than him it's not very enjoyable. I enjoy watching the Suns more so if the Twolves can't get it then I hope the Suns do.

Yesterday's top performances
Manu Ginobili 24/3/5
Tiago Splitter 14/6
Nikola Vucevic 19/13
Kyle Korver 17/4/6
Marcin Gortat 11/6
Nate Wolters 10/5/4
Ersan Ilyasova 13/8
Marc Gasol 14/9 2 blocks
Jon Leuer 10/5
Kosta Koufos 12/10
Gordon Hayward 22 points 8 assists 3 steals
Spencer Hawes 21/10 3 blocks

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another big game for Minnesota. Actually every game is big at this point of the season. Very little margin for error. Love is on pace for a triple double. The game is all tied up at 50 at the moment. Hope they can get this win. Toronto is a playoff team and it will be a close game. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Another big game for Minnesota. Actually every game is big at this point of the season. Very little margin for error. Love is on pace for a triple double. The game is all tied up at 50 at the moment. Hope they can get this win. Toronto is a playoff team and it will be a close game. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah wl, after leading by 5 in the first, Minnesota gave up 18 unanswered points after Love and Rubio sat!
Thankfully, they made a comeback and are down 1, 53-52 at the half.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yeah wl, after leading by 5 in the first, Minnesota gave up 18 unanswered points after Love and Rubio sat!
Thankfully, they made a comeback and are down 1, 53-52 at the half.

Another disappointing Minnesota loss. Love 1 assist from a triple double! Steve Novak 15 points for Toronto!

Love, 26/11/9
Pekovic, 17/11

Gasol, 20/11/3
Kelly, 12/5/8 assists.

Olynyk, 18/6/2 asst. in only 18 minutes!

Parsons, 16/7/3 assists.

Nowitzki, 14/8, horrible shooting night, now 13 points from passing Havlicek for 12th all time!

Dragic and Lee having nice games in the Phoenix/Golden State matchup.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Another disappointing Minnesota loss. Love 1 assist from a triple double! Steve Novak 15 points for Toronto!

Love, 26/11/9
Pekovic, 17/11

Gasol, 20/11/3
Kelly, 12/5/8 assists.

Olynyk, 18/6/2 asst. in only 18 minutes!

Parsons, 16/7/3 assists.

Nowitzki, 14/8, horrible shooting night, now 13 points from passing Havlicek for 12th all time!

Dragic and Lee having nice games in the Phoenix/Golden State matchup.

Lee, 26/9/3 assts. in GS win over Phoenix
Dragic, 24/6 assts.

On a sad note: Jimmer Fredette got zero mins. for the second straight game for Chicago!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Minnesota stunk up the joint at home again. It's one thing to give up points in the paint but how could they continue to leave the Raptors thres point shooters open time after time. It was like practice shots and Raptors were hitting their threes most of the game. It's called defense guys. Then the other thing that sucked was that Love was 1 assist away at the end of the 3rd quarter from a triple double. How can the team not get him one more stinking assist. Unbelievable. Horrible loss. I don't see them making the playoffs. They are too inconsistant. I hope I'm wrong but they have lost 2 oout of 3 in a must win 6 game stretch with only one tough team out of the bunch.

foobar75

Master
Minnesota stunk up the joint at home again. It's one thing to give up points in the paint but how could they continue to leave the Raptors thres point shooters open time after time. It was like practice shots and Raptors were hitting their threes most of the game. It's called defense guys. Then the other thing that sucked was that Love was 1 assist away at the end of the 3rd quarter from a triple double. How can the team not get him one more stinking assist. Unbelievable. Horrible loss. I don't see them making the playoffs. They are too inconsistant. I hope I'm wrong but they have lost 2 oout of 3 in a must win 6 game stretch with only one tough team out of the bunch.

This home stretch was obviously make or break for the T-Wolves, and unfortunately, it's over now. I'm trying to focus on the other teams. Luckily, with the exception of the Thunder and Blazers, all the other playoff teams in the WC have a good mix of white players who are worth rooting for.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Last night.......

Korver, 26 points
Dragic, 23/5assts./3 stls.
Plumlee, 12/9
Ilyasova, 16
Hansbrough, 16/4
McRoberts, 15/3
Gortat, 14/18/4 assts.
Hayward, 13/8/7 assts.
Kanter, 11/9
Vucevic, 12/12

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Minnesota gets a win over Milwaukee tonight. Here are some of tonight's top performances....

Love, 27/10/6/ 3 blks.
Rubio, 11/10 assts./3 stls.
Pekovic, 14/8
Barea, 19/4

Nate Wolters played well in the loss, 14 points and 3 assists.

Ginobili, 22
Jimmer 5 points 2 assists in 7 minutes

M. Gasol, 19/9/3 assists
Miller, 14 points

Parsons, 17/6/4 with 2 mins. left in the 4th.

Dallas at Golden State at 10:30, Nowitzki 13 points from moving into 12th on the all time scoring list!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's frustrating by even with the win, Minnesota is still 5 games back with around 20 to play. Memphis has taken over the 8th spot from the Suns. So I might not see the Suns or Twolves make the playoffs. That would really be depressing. Dallas has to be careful to as they are right there on the edge to. One of these teams will make it and probably two. I'm still hoping that Memphis is about to go on a huge losing streak. I doubt it but you never know.

Dirk keeps moving up the all time list! I love it.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Dallas has to be careful to as they are right there on the edge to. One of these teams will make it and probably two. I'm still hoping that Memphis is about to go on a huge losing streak. I doubt it but you never know.

As much as I admire Dirk as a basketball player, I'd rather have the Grizzlies make the playoffs. Other than Dirk and Jose Calderon, the Mavs are coal black. Memphis starts reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Marc Gasol, and sometimes has an almost all-White 2nd unit come in. Nick Calathes, Mike Miller, Jon Leuer and Kosta Koufos.

I said it before but it's a shame that Dallas, Phoenix, Memphis and Minnesota are 4 compelling teams competing for only 2 playoff spots.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It's frustrating by even with the win, Minnesota is still 5 games back with around 20 to play. Memphis has taken over the 8th spot from the Suns. So I might not see the Suns or Twolves make the playoffs. That would really be depressing. Dallas has to be careful to as they are right there on the edge to. One of these teams will make it and probably two. I'm still hoping that Memphis is about to go on a huge losing streak. I doubt it but you never know.

Yes wl, he tied Havlicek last night for 12th all time, 26,395, with only 12 points! As I said a couple of nights ago, he only needs to average 18 to pass Robertson for 10th. I hope he's not slowing a bit late in the season. He's been playing well all year. He needs to make a hard push over the next 17 games to assure him of 10th all time, 26,711; this year!

He also has 9,476 rebounds. He may have to play another 2 seasons to get 10,000 boards, but with a strong finish he could get that next year too. Hopefully he'll continue to play several more years to become 1 of only 4 players with 30,000 points and 10,000 rebounds!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes wl, he tied Havlicek last night for 12th all time, 26,395, with only 12 points! As I said a couple of nights ago, he only needs to average 18 to pass Robertson for 10th. I hope he's not slowing a bit late in the season. He's been playing well all year. He needs to make a hard push over the next 17 games to assure him of 10th all time, 26,711; this year!

He also has 9,476 rebounds. He may have to play another 2 seasons to get 10,000 boards, but with a strong finish he could get that next year too. Hopefully he'll continue to play several more years to become 1 of only 4 players with 30,000 points and 10,000 rebounds!

Dirk already has 16 points at the half tonight against Utah. He is also leading the NBA in free throw shooting percentage. How many 7 footers ever could shoot like Dirk? I can't think of any. He is in a class by himself. His free throw percentage is 91.6% for the season.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Dirk already has 16 points at the half tonight against Utah. He is also leading the NBA in free throw shooting percentage. How many 7 footers ever could shoot like Dirk? I can't think of any. He is in a class by himself. His free throw percentage is 91.6% for the season.

Yes, he's had a good 1st half. He needs to get 28 points to be back on the 18 point/game pace needed to pass Oscar Robertson for 10th by year's end!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yes, he's had a good 1st half. He needs to get 28 points to be back on the 18 point/game pace needed to pass Oscar Robertson for 10th by year's end!

Nowitzki has 28, 4th quarter!

Hawes 17 first quarter points as Cleveland is handling Phoenix!

Vucevic another big night, 20/16/3 assts.
Gortat, 12/10/3 assts.
M.Gasol, 15/9/4 assts.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Big night for Dirk! 31/8. Now has to average 17.8/game over the next 16 to pass Robertson for 10th on the all time scoring list!

Kanter, 18/11 for Utah.