2012 Australian Open

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The Australian Open has been cancelled this year, everybody is injured. Seriously, from what I gather a lot of the top players are battling ailments of some sorts. Hopefully just some minor tweaks and strains for Nadal and Federer. I’m about ready for some intense tennis. It’s just a few days away.

Djokovic eyes Open encore

Ana Ivanovic and New Coach Looking Very Serious
f_ivanovic_01_02.jpg

Attachments

• f_ivanovic_01_02.jpg
    f_ivanovic_01_02.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2

foobar75

Master
There's a coach in that picture? :biggrin:

Matra2

Master
Roddick has a tough 1st round match against Dutchman Robin Haase who nearly beat Andy Murray at the US Open in a 5 set match. IIRC Haase was a couple of points from taking that match. If Roddick loses that match he should consider retirement.

Andy Murray's first match is against the up and coming American Ryan Harrison. Bit of a bad break for Harrison to face a top 5 player in the 1st round.

Meanwhile the hope of ESPN Donald Young got lucky as he will face a qualifier in Round 1. That means Young should advance to the 2nd round so expect ESPN to give us lotsa Donald in the first week.:icon_rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see if there is any carry over from 2011. It ended with Djokovic running out of steam and Federer on a hot streak. They've only had a month and a half (at best) of an off-season to recharge the batteries.

Last edited:

Matra2

Master
Harrison took the first set from Andy Murray. Even in the second right now.

Donald Young struggled to a five set victory after winning the first two.

Matra2

Master
A qualifier from outside the top 100 Slovak Lukas Lacko beats Donald Young in 4 sets. After making it into the 2nd week at the US Open, including a straight set victory over Lacko, and seemingly ready for better things (according to the media) this has to be seen as a serious setback for Young.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad to see Young fizzle yet again. I did a search and he was first mentioned in the Tennis forum here seven years ago. The media has been ready to crown him the Tiger Woods of tennis ever since he was 15, the leader of a black male takeover of the sport, but Young and his fellow WGAs just haven't cooperated with the gameplan, in fact it's worked out even worse than the media's pie-in-the-sky predictions that Woods would spark a rapid black domination of golf.

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php?399-Blacks-on-rise-in-tennis&highlight=Donald

Porthos

Mentor
It seems that French tennis is going the way of french soccer. The best players are Jo Wilfred Tsonga and Gael Monflis, both black.
The second one is particularly annoying... He continues to be extremely lucky with the draw. For now he eliminated such giants as Marinko Matosevic from Australia (ranked 203), Thomaz Bellucci from Brasil (ranked 37) and will play the next match with Mikhail Kukushkin from Kazakhstan (ranked 121). If he wins, the next match will probably be against Andy Murray and this should be the end of the road... I can't wait - go Andy!

Great match between Isner and Nalbandian, ruined by the black umpire Kader Nouni
kader-nouni-300x169.jpg

- see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/te...e-after-controversial-loss-to-John-Isner.html

http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/6181

Blacks should be kept as far away from this sport as possible. By the way - is Isner Jewish?

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
By the way - is Isner Jewish?
In a 2010 interview, professional tennis player John Isner confirmed that he is not Jewish. He stated people often assume he is because of his last name. The 6'9" Isner was born April 26, 1985 in Greensboro, NC. He is best known for his victory over Nicolas Mahut in the 2010 Wimbledon Championships which was the longest tennis match ever played, lasting 11 hours and 5 minutes.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/is-professional-tennis-player-john-isner-jewish/4008489

Porthos

Mentor
In a 2010 interview, professional tennis player John Isner confirmed that he is not Jewish. He stated people often assume he is because of his last name. The 6'9" Isner was born April 26, 1985 in Greensboro, NC. He is best known for his victory over Nicolas Mahut in the 2010 Wimbledon Championships which was the longest tennis match ever played, lasting 11 hours and 5 minutes.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/is-professional-tennis-player-john-isner-jewish/4008489

Thought so - his demeanor is not Jewish, he is way too playful and happy-go-lucky... also way too tall... However, his name sounded too similar to the former Disney president, so I was wondering...

frederic38

Hall of Famer
It seems that French tennis is going the way of french soccer. The best players are Jo Wilfred Tsonga and Gael Monflis, both black.

french tennis is unwatchable
usually i only watch roland garros andi hope that the french get eliminated soon in the competition
there is also Josselin Ouanna
josselin-ouanna.jpg

together with monfils and tsonga, they call themselves the "blackteam" (french usually use the english term "black" to talk about what we should call "noir" because it's more fashionable)

it's incredible because tennis is only played by rich people in france , for example i never played tennis

also the most known tennis player in france was the extremely annoying yannick noah:
yannick-noah.jpg

he is the father of the incredibly ugly NBA player joachim noah
here is one of his sons, a son he had with a french wife: (he had 3 or 4 white wives, including a swedish i think)
Isabelle+Camus+Fils+Joalukas+Cathy+Guetta+kr-28ccqzEJl.jpg

what a strange creature
will he be a NBA player too? :icon_rolleyes:

i remeber when i was like5 years old i danced with friends at school on this music by yannick noah, who is also a singer:
[video=youtube;qNo41sQbIsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNo41sQbIsI[/video]
it's sad because it's one of the oldest things i remember (one of the few things i remeber from when i was less than 5-6 years old)

also a while ago in france every one was talking about this "prodigy" who was suposed to dominate tennis in the future
he has a cape verdian father (black), a finnish mother (white) and he trains with a french coach, that's why they were always talking about him in france i guess
[video=youtube;21odsBN-hUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21odsBN-hUQ[/video]

more info here:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20107...ve-five-year-old-tennis-prodigy/#.Txl70vJauHg

Now, nearly six years later, he’s still on the court, playing tennis the way a 5-year-old Tiger Woods once played golf — better than most adults.

:icon_rolleyes:

Porthos

Mentor
I remember Yannick Noah back in the days, he was a big favorite of the (all-white) Rolland Garros crowd. Isn't he friend with Bob Geldof these days, fighting poverty in Africa :icon_rolleyes:?

How do all these Blacks get into tennis in France? There must be some "let's get the poor black kids take up tennis" programs funded by white taxpayers. While little white kids are left to play alone with their Playstations. Tennis is an absolutely unsuitable sport for Blacks. It is soo based on steely nerves and "keeping your cool" that a race of impulsives like Blacks looks completely out of place on a tennis court (like Eskimos in the Sahara). Yet, somehow the powers that be manage to force the Williams sisters on us.

By the way, all American men are out after the second round http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rican-men-fail-on-grand-slam-stage-once-again Even Roddick against Hewitt (injury). By the way - why does Hewitt wear that baseball hat backwards? It is soooo passe`, and makes everybody look stupid.

As mentioned, whenever I play (every week), I only see 40-50 year olds on the courts. Almost no teenagers. It looks like a dying sport here in the US.

Matra2

Master
By the way, all American men are out after the second round http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rican-men-fail-on-grand-slam-stage-once-again Even Roddick against Hewitt (injury). By the way - why does Hewitt wear that baseball hat backwards? It is soooo passe`, and makes everybody look stupid.

As mentioned, whenever I play (every week), I only see 40-50 year olds on the courts. Almost no teenagers. It looks like a dying sport here in the US.

Yet it's never been more popular in Europe. The US sports media are obsessed with a couple of black-dominated sports only. Listening to them talk about tennis, hockey or motorsports is just painful due to their ignorance.

Frederic, I get the impression that tennis is big in France. According to an article about sports business in The Economist about ten years ago it was second in France in terms of TV audience size. On a couple of occasions I've been in Paris bars during tennis matches - Wimbledon and some clay court final (not Roland Garros) - and they were packed with people watching.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Frederic, I get the impression that tennis is big in France. According to an article about sports business in The Economist about ten years ago it was second in France in terms of TV audience size. On a couple of occasions I've been in Paris bars during tennis matches - Wimbledon and some clay court final (not Roland Garros) - and they were packed with people watching.

yes, tennis is pretty popular, i think it's the number one individual sport (oposed of team sport)
it's still nothing in comparison to soccer though
for example nobody in my family ever played tennis, but everybody know pioline, or noah
only my grandfather played tennis because he had lived in an english dominated country in africa , i guess it's more popular in england

in france we are trying to change the reputation of tennis, because it still has a rich man's sport image
tennis is seen as an oportunity to teach great virtues to the turbulent french youth (because it's a gentleman's sport)

roland garros is a huge event in france, maybe bigger than athletics, and on the same level as a rugby world cup i would say

by the way monfils was beaten by a relatively unknown kazakh

Last edited:

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Kim Clijsters has her work cut out for her. In a rematch of last year’s final with Li Na, she has dropped the first set after having rolled her ankle. She is trying to battle as best she can, but is down a break in the2[SUP]nd[/SUP] set. Terrible break.

Highlander

Mentor

Porthos

Mentor
Looks like she battled back through the pain and won the match with Li:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/16669707.stm

Saving 4 consecutive match balls. Incredible will power. The Chinese chick was totally demoralized after that.

The "French" (black) Monflis crashed out against the Kazakhstani Mikhail Kokushkin in a bizarre match. When he was losing, he was pretending to have back pain, then in the winning streak (3rd and 4th set) - no back pain at all, then in the last set he lost - again the misterious back pain came back... Good riddance!

Matra2

Master
Serena Williams is in a tough battle with Ekaterina Makarova. The Russian is two breaks up in the first set. Long way to go though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The unseeded Makarova takes the first set over Williams 6-2.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Serena "Tank" Williams is out in straight sets!

Matra2

Master
Very limp performance by Serena. This is what happens when you don't show up to play at smaller tournaments - you lose your edge. At least there was no drama with the umpire this time.

No Americans, male or female, left in the tournament. The highest ranked US player, Mardy Fish, was eliminated in the first round.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tsonga was knocked out by a Japanese player who's seeded 24th. It was a very sad day indeed for BSPN employees with Tsonga and Williams both biting the dust.

JReb1

Mentor
Are the USA's best tennis players also playing in the NBA and NFL?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Serena defeated by another young, gorgeous Russian Ekaterina Makarova

View attachment 190
Yah, a terrible shame that we don't have this stunning babe to ogle anymore at this tournament:

I'm sure that all of the folks here at CF were rooting for this beast, right?:tongue: