2011 NFL Draft

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Chris White is a beast and he will show up to training camp in better shape, will be more athletic, and will be going 100 mph an hour ready to tear peoples heads off. He's a sideline to sideline player who is relentless, and he put up spectacular numbers in the SEC.
Agreed. I also concur that Buffalo was a good team to go to.

On a side note, we've mention Mahl but how come Brandon Bair is getting no love as well. Great player. Apparently, making the National Championship game means nothing, if you are White of course.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good to see Fusco drafted. I think he can eventually be a good center in the NFL. Can'tbelieve Sanzenbacher,Homan, Bair, Maehl,Whalen along with many other talented players like Colin Franklin, Tyler Sash andBrian Lainhart are still not drafted. The NFL seems to have boycotted some of our best players..

Riddlewire

Master
It's not like I expect Jerry Jones to be friendly to white receivers, but he just drafted a Sanzenbacher-like WR who is worse in every way than Sanzenbacher.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Packers select Caleb Schlauderoff a Guard from Utah.

Riddlewire

Master
There can be no doubt now.
There was a common agreement among NFL clubs to not draft white receivers. Maybe the owners think the black receivers are more easily controlled or will be less aggressive in labor disputes in the future. But this trend is undeniable.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Im just pretty sure there is a quota on white players being drafted. Every year the percentage is almost exactly the same...it really makes me wonder.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Another no-name black goes off the board to Green Bay. He's from App. State too.... Why not draft Ross Homan if they wanted an OLB?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
D.J. Smith? Wow this has been a horrible draft

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So I guess D.J. Smith from Appalachian State is better that a guy like Mark Herzlich....yeah, and Obama's birth certificate is real too.

Riddlewire

Master
Leonardfan said:
Im just pretty sure there is a quota on white players being drafted. Every year the percentage is almost exactly the same...it really makes me wonder.

No.
This is very specific. The players being skipped over are all-star, team-leading receivers for Championship level football teams who play at the highest level, against the toughest competition in college football. Maehl and Sanzenbacher have ultra-elite agility and separation abilities (as evidenced by their production as well as their combine timings).

Half a dozen black nobodies have been drafted. Literally nobodies. Players from junk schools from lower divisions or crap conferences. With worse measurables and worse production.
You want to call me crazy, fine. But this is a conspiracy.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Mike Mohamed to Denver. There's John Elway's diversity right there!

TCU S Colin Jones goes to San Fran.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Eagles are loading up on white OL this draft, picking OG Jason Kelce right now. That gives them a majority white draft right now if I'm not mistaken.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Wow, 3 Whites in a row is a rare pleasant surprise. Especially, Colin Jones.

Riddlewire, I would not call you crazy. Your theory sounds sane compared to guys like Maehl, Sanzenbacher, Bair, Homan, etc getting passed over for inferior FCS scrubs.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh takes Jones. I like Jones he impressed me in the Rose Bowl.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
That's his sister.

She looked different than before..
smiley9.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
WTF New England?!? They take some black FCS scrub OLB when Herzlich is right in their backyard??!?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Anywhere between 50-60 white players will get drafted. Its been the same for the past 5 or so drafts. Alot of good players get passed over and are never heard from again.

Riddlewire

Master
Freethinker said:
Wow, 3 Whites in a row is a rare pleasant surprise. Especially, Colin Jones.

Riddlewire, I would not call you crazy. Your theory sounds sane compared to guys like Maehl, Sanzenbacher, Bair, Homan, etc getting passed over for inferior FCS scrubs.

I don't even consider it a 'theory'.
The NFL is an entertainment product, just like Hollywood movies and television. Those industries bow to internal and external pressure to overinflate the percentages of minorities in their "talent" pool. That much is not only a fact, it is openly acknowledged by the studios.
Despite what people might think, the NFL is not in the business of conducting a competition among football teams in order to crown a champion. They are in the business of selling an entertainment product. If they believe that they need 65% black rosters in order to achieve those sales, then that's what they will have. It's a myth that they draft and play the "best players".

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Brian Rolle is only 5-foot-9.. how can Herzlich, Bruce Miller and Bellore "compete?"

Also, J.T. Thomas with pedestrian stats..