2010 Week 12

foobar75

Master
Regarding the CAR-CLE game tomorrow, unfortunately, Colt McCoy is hurt and Jake Delhomme is making his first start since week 1.

I guess, on the fortunate side for the Browns, the opponent is CAR, arguably the worst team in the league, so CLE should win this game. Plus, as long as Delhomme doesn't make any stupid mistakes and just hands the ball to Peyton, plus a few play-action passes and some other trickery (as the Browns often seem to do), he should easily have a 100+ yard game and come even closer to that elusive 1000 yard mark.

With a proper game plan and good play-calling, an even bigger game (200 rushing yards??) is not out of the question.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlift said:
Carolina does have Jon Beason, though..

Did Deadlift compliment a black player?
smiley36.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Carolina took Beason 25th Overall in '07.. a good value pick, but then they select Jeff Otah in '08 at 19th Overall:

Transactions
Panthers November 9: Placed RT Jeff Otah on injured reserve. Claimed RB Andre Brown off waivers from Indianapolis. Signed RB Josh Vaughan and LB Abdul Hodge.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11253

It was a huge reach, and Carolina is paying for it. As for Carolina's defense, they can play solid at times, but when the offense doesn't score (or is turning the ball over), the team is doomed. Jon Beason doesn't have many FFs or sacks, but I can't argue with his career tackle production.

In the NFL and in college, there aren't that many black linebackers' that stand-out IMO, and many blacks get demoralized easily. And, some of them are reluctant to play the position with physicality. It's often times a White linebacker that will hit the hole and stuff the run. Am I criticizing the brothas again?
smiley2.gif

snow

Mentor
foobar75 said:
Regarding the CAR-CLE game tomorrow, unfortunately, Colt McCoy is hurt and Jake Delhomme is making his first start since week 1.

I guess, on the fortunate side for the Browns, the opponent is CAR, arguably the worst team in the league, so CLE should win this game. Plus, as long as Delhomme doesn't make any stupid mistakes and just hands the ball to Peyton, plus a few play-action passes and some other trickery (as the Browns often seem to do), he should easily have a 100+ yard game and come even closer to that elusive 1000 yard mark.

With a proper game plan and good play-calling, an even bigger game (200 rushing yards??) is not out of the question.

Jake Delhomme has a way of elevating his game against his former teams. He is 9-3 against the Saints. Hopefully this happens today so Peyton won't have to face 8 and 9 men in the box.

Patrick

Guru
Zombo, the undrafted free agent with the sack. As Billick points out what a great job by the Packers coaching staff at being able to plug inguys like Zombo and still be able to be good - thanks for pointing that out Billick.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link bro. Nice drive by the Browns. They passed the majority of the downs. The Panthers didn't know what hit them. Jake looks good at qb so far but I hope McCoy gets better soon. Colt McCoy is the future along with Hillis. Cheap hit on Moore. Glad they got flagged for it.

As for Hillis. He truely is Superman. What agility, coordination and athletecism for a big man. He is so light on his feet and show some good hops there. There is nothing this guy can't do! The most exciting running back in the NFL!

Anak

Mentor
Watcha gonna do, Black Panthers, when the Juggernaut runs wild on you?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Whoever the black announcer is on the Browns game is about as bad as Herm Edwards was last night. Ugh!

Pie

Guru
second TD by hillis :D

Browns are doing what we all knew they needed to do last week. Running out of power formations, throwing it down the field a little to keep them honest, and exploiting with the play action.

Hopefully Mangini doesn't try to get cute again like last week.
Edited by: Pie

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
TD Hillis!

Patrick

Guru
1st Browns RB since 1986 with 10+ rushing TDs in a season? Doesn't seem possible but its true apparently.

Anak

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
Whoever the black announcer is on the Browns game is about as bad as Herm Edwards was last night. Ugh!

He doesn't have great diction but he's been praising and giving a lot of credit to Hillis at least.

And another TD by the unstoppable force!

emt1

Guru
Peyton just said "do you know who i am? i'm the juggernaught bitch!" to those afroletes trying to tackle him

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'll give the black dude some credit. He's being fair to Peyton. Hillis facemask is bent on the left side (if you are inside his helmet). Awesome to see-the Conway Bulldog!