2010 week 1

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I sure hope Raheem is happy with his "Dream Team."  They look like they will lose a whole lot of games this year.  They'll be lucky to win 4.

Yeah, I think they'll win around 2 games this year. I hope Ruud leaves after this year.

TwentyTwo

Master
Go Hillis! Looks like he's splitting carries w/Harrison whohad a 39 yard run...but according to the so-called expert FFLers from SI saidHarrison would getthe bulkof work; 20-25 carries. Esp w/ Hardesty down.They were not paying close enough attention to Hillis...go figure...they left the back-door open. Wish I could see Hillis now!

Garcon has been thrown to 6 times with only one reception...Garcon has dropped at least3 passes & ran a wrong route another...at this rate he will be bumped to #4 behind Gonzales & Collie.

^^You beat me to it DonEdited by: TwentyTwo

Anak

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
And now Garcon just dropped a TD pass.  He sucks but has great "upside."

It's quite ridiculous, thrown to 6 times with only 1 catch for 7 yards and dropped an easy TD pass.

He ran a 4.48 40 yard dash, right? So Blair White is on the practice squad because of .02 seconds despite being smarter and having better hands?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Did anyone see that Jordan Shipley had a 51 yard catch? He is the best receiver on that team. Yes in my opinion he is better than T.O. and Ocho Stinko. They just need to get this guy the ball more.
I can't believe Eric Decker is not playing more for Denver. What a joke. Indy needs to get the ball more to Collie and Gonzalez.Edited by: white lightning

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Man Welker is a future Hall Of Famer. He's back again tearing up the slot. Can he make it 4 straight years with 100 receptions or more?? I think so! It's good to see Hillis toting the rock and also good to see Walter more involved in the pass game. Evan Moore just made a great catch, he tipped the ball to himself, displayed great concentration, took a big hit and still held onto the ball. Damn Hillis just fumbled
smiley5.gif

52 yard catch by jordan shipley on a hail mary pass. also lots of great plays by peyton hillis. this is looking like a good 1st week for lots of are guys!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
As long as Hillis splits carries in Cleveland I won't make much of a fuss. There are other white running backs in the league who should at least be splitting carries.

Matra1

Mentor
I switched on the CBS half time show for the first time in a couple of years and what did I hear? Shannon Sharpe making fun of Tim Tebow's first play - a one yard gain. Sharpe, laughing like a hyena, said something like (I'm quoting from memory) "let me show you how it's done Tim" then showed black Jax QB (David Gerrard?) throwing a completion. Sharpe just can't help himself.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Im glad Hillis is getting a decent amount of carries but he needs to hold onto the ball or else his role on the team is going to be greatly reduced.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I saw Pozluzny left the game with a knee injury...hopefully its not to serious

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Texans | Connor Barwin injury update
Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 13:26:37 -0700

Updating a previous report, Houston Texans DE Connor Barwin (ankle) suffered a dislocated ankle in Week 1, reports Paul Kuharsky, of ESPN.com.

Hopefully he is only out a few weeks.

Kaptain

Master
With the way Hillis ran and caught the ball he should have sewn up the top spot - but this is the NFL. Evan Moore looks like quite a talent at TE. Jack Delhomme did not look sharp. He was inaccurate and couldn't get the ball out of his hands.

I've said before that I thought of Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez that Austin Collie was the best. I think he proved it today. Talk about over-hyping a player - Garcon was featured on one pregame show as some kind of new unbelievable weapon for Peyton Manning single handeldly making them the best team in the league. What a joke.

Time to start using the phrase "future hall of famer, Wes Welker."

Isn't all the coverage laughable about the unstoppable combination of Owens, Stinko, and the completely unproven Gersham?

Doesn't it seem that the first week of every year is a good one for our guys? Followed by inexplicable benchings and demotions in the upcoming weeks.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

ochocinco and t.o. combined to pull the bonehead move of the day (absenting themselves from their teams last play of the half - already in the locker room). Once again reminding anyone who might not have been convinced of their idiocy, just how idiotic they are.

If I were coach of the bengals, it'd be a cold day in hell before those two jerks saw the field again at the same time.

Tom Iron...

snow

Mentor
Leonardfan said:
Im glad Hillis is getting a decent amount of carries but he needs to hold onto the ball or else his role on the team is going to be greatly reduced.

he just needs to find a balance. I didn't see the game today but in preseason it seemed like he was running pist off, looking for contact trying to prove too much, as someone else put it " a kamikaze style" while hes good enough to pull this off as he was still averaging a good amount per carry, running that way makes you more stiff and more prone to fumbles. Once he settles into things those 8 and 9 yard gains that he had in the preseason will become 18 to 20 yard gains. I think if returns to more of the style that he had against the Jets when he was with Broncos, he could average close to 6 ypc. Hes probably just a little pist off and stiff because he had to waste an entire year sitting on the bench, he probably realizes now he has no job security being a white back, he still averaged 4.6 ypc today.
Edited by: snow

white is right

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Man Welker is a future Hall Of Famer. He's back again tearing up the slot. Can he make it 4 straight years with 100 receptions or more?? I think so! It's good to see Hillis toting the rock and also good to see Walter more involved in the pass game. Evan Moore just made a great catch, he tipped the ball to himself, displayed great concentration, took a big hit and still held onto the ball. Damn Hillis just fumbled 
smiley5.gif
If he ages well he has a shot. But the hall has been fickle with receivers. Guys with big numbers have been made to wait a long time. Also if he were to fade quickly he probably wont make it as Herman Moore who put similar numbers for Detroit and lost it at about 30 isn't a serious candidate.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hillis out played Harrison. Harrison has slightly better numbers because he was able to break off a 39 yard run. If not for that his numbers would have been atrocious. Also Hillis caught 4 passes while Harrison only caught 1.

Anak

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Austin Collie has 10 catches for 131 yards!

Unfortunately he fumbled a key pass on a drive that most likely would have ended in a Colts TD. Otherwise he played phenomenally. Garcon had a couple of great catches on one drive but otherwise was terrible.

dbin9y.jpg

This is the fumble. Play isn't over yet but the black defenders are already celebrating and not blocking.Edited by: Anak

It's great to see Welker back in rare form. After this game with 8 grabs for 64 yds and 2 TDs, he's on pace for 1152 yds on 128 catches and 32 TDs!

I predict Welker will actually do a little better than this. I'm guessing NFL single-season record 144 catches, 1368 yards, and 14 TDs!

Also it was nice to see Rob Gronkowski pull in a TD catch, as well as Shipley (one the new Wes Welkers) making a nice rookie debut with 5 for 82.

Congrats to Collie reaffirming why he was the starter in the playoffs last year with a huge receiving game today!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Collie had both hands wrapped on the ball when he fumbled. Not much you can do about it.

He also had a TD reception of over 70 yards near the end of the game in which he outran the Houston d-backs.