2009 Oklahoma State Cowboys

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white cowboys starting this year. The Cowboys started 3 whites in 2006, 5 in 2007, and 6 in 2008. I depise head coach Mike Gundy and this caste team. With the exception of Josh Cooper last year, Gundy always has a typical caste team. It looks like he will be getting worse over the next a couple of years, given his recent recruiting class.
smiley11.gif

Offense

QB Zac Robinson

FB Bryant Ward

C Andrew Lewis

RG Noah Franklin

RT Brady Bond
Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
A little update to the Cowboys white starters.

Andrew Lewis starts at Center. In response to the outrage of 3 whites starting on the Offensive Line, Gundy had to demote Shane Jarka. Jarka and LB Justin Gent will see playing time this year, though.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Another update. If Rival's depth chart is right, Josh Cooper starts at WR now.
smiley1.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Another update. If Rival's depth chart is right, Josh Cooper starts at WR now.
smiley1.gif
yep, he should get a good number of passes his way now that Dez Bryant is inelligble for the rest of the season. With Dez out the entire season Decker should be the first receiver taken in the draft, at least in a fair world.Edited by: dwid

Rick93

Dez isn't dropping in the draft. He already banked1,500 yards and 19 TD's last season as a true sophomore.If anything, the time off will give himmore time to focus oncombine prep.
Multiple arrests(Randy Moss), or cuttinglines of coke to snort (Matt Jones) would hurt him, but not the minor infractions he's alleged to have committed.That Gilyard kid from Cinci was probably gonna be second anyway.

Riddlewire

Master
dwid said:
With Dez out the entire season Decker should be the first receiver taken in the draft, at least in a fair world.

Edit (good grief):

Kiper has already stated that Bryant would still be the #1 receiver taken in the draft. I'm not sure which owner Mel works for, but it's amazing that he can look into the future and see that.
Edited by: Riddlewire

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Rick93 said:
Dez isn't dropping in the draft. He already banked1,500 yards and 19 TD's last season as a true sophomore.If anything, the time off will give himmore time to focus oncombine prep.
Multiple arrests(Randy Moss), or cuttinglines of coke to snort (Matt Jones) would hurt him, but not the minor infractions he's alleged to have committed.That Gilyard kid from Cinci was probably gonna be second anyway.

Ya we frickin know he wont drop in the draft. As for Randy Moss he got kicked out of college and is still loved in the pros. White guys arent allowed to f*ck up and arent given time to "mature" because we are held to higher position than ghetto blacks who have all the excuses in the world.Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Rick93 said:
Dez isn't dropping in the draft.  He already banked 1,500 yards and 19 TD's last season as a true sophomore.  If anything, the time off will give him more time to focus on combine prep.
<div>Multiple arrests (Randy Moss), or cutting lines of coke to snort (Matt Jones) would hurt him, but not the minor infractions he's alleged to have committed.  That Gilyard kid from Cinci was probably gonna be second anyway.</div>
One great season. If you spend a year out of football, it will take you a while to adjust, especially if you are making a jump to the pros. Does he have potential? yes Can he live up to the potential? i dont know. Remember Mike Williams? You think teams would learn.

We have yet to see how Crabtree will do. Yeah Kiper is a tool. The whole reason Crabtree sat out is because of where he was projected to be drafted , so he wanted to get paid like the first receiver chosen.

Considering how ridiculous the nfl is , he probably wont drop, as i stated in my post "in a fair world". Decker is just as deserving and extremely talented, and he will be playing the rest of the year. Edited by: dwid

Rick93

celticdb15 said:
White guys arent allowed to f*ck up and arent given time to "mature"

Howmany times didChristian Peterf*ck upin college?Weren't he and Colt Brennan arrested about a dozen times, and each convicted of sexually abusing women before being drafted? Wasn't JoshHamilton a crackhead a couple years ago?

Who denied them a chance to mature?

dwid

Hall of Famer
You gave two examples, one was moss who arrested for fighting in a "racially charged fight" and smoking weed, kicked out of college and transferred to division 1-aa, still drafted in the 1st round, is playing in the NFL.

Matt Jones got caught with coke, IS NOT playing in the nfl, despite having freakish athletic abilities and was on pace for a 1,000 yards last season.

and Colt WAS NOT convicted of sexually assaulting anyone
"Brennan, who was intoxicated at the time of the incident, was arrested and eventually convicted of charges of felony burglary and trespassing[7] (serving one week in jail along with probation until he graduated from college), but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence.[1] Colt was court ordered to take a polygraph test about the incident and passed." I dont know where you get "a dozen times"Edited by: dwid

Rick93

dwid said:
You gave two examples, one was moss who arrested for fighting in a "racially charged fight" and smoking weed, kicked out of college and transferred to division 1-aa, still drafted in the 1st round, is playing in the NFL.

Matt Jones got caught with coke, IS NOT playing in the nfl, despite having freakish athletic abilities and was on pace for a 1,000 yards last season.

I wassimply giving examples of things that could hurt akid'sNFL draftprospects, and contrasting it withwhat Dez Bryant is accused of doing. Arrests &amp; coke vs. dinner with Deion Sanders, that's all. I just threw in Randy Moss's namebecause of his draft day plummet, and Matt Jones because of what he's going through now.

dwid

Hall of Famer
So Matt Jones has nothing to do with this situation, you just thought you would mention that he did coke?

I never said Bryant should drop because he had a dinner with Sanders. It is because he will spend almost an ENTIRE YEAR NOT PLAYING football. Usually people who have been out for a year aren't ready to contribute right away, if they wind up doing well at all. When you draft somebody in the top 10-20, you are hoping they will be able to contribute right away.Edited by: dwid

Rick93

dwid said:
So Matt Jones has nothing to do with this situation, you just thought you would mention that he did coke?

Jesus Christ. IFCOKEUSE CANHURT AN ESTABLISHED PLAYER, IT COULD HURT A DRAFT PROSPECT. IT WAS SIMPLYAN EXAMPLE USED TO CONTRAST THE IMPACT,OR LACK THEREOF, MISSING 8 GAMES WILL HAVE ON DEZ BRYANT AS OPPOSED TO LOSING TIME OR YOUR POTENTIAL DRAFT POSITION DUE TO SOMETHING CONSIDERED MORE NEFARIOUS.

I never said Bryant should drop because he had a dinner with Sanders. It is because he will spend almost an ENTIRE YEAR NOT PLAYING football. Usually people who have been out for a year aren't ready to contribute right away, if they wind up doing well at all. When you draft somebody in the top 10-20, you are hoping they will be able to contribute right away.

So if Eric Decker or Toby Gerhart,for one reason or another, missed the last 8 games of the season tonon-injury-related issues, yet were fully prepped for the draft,outperformed everyone at the combines, and weredraftedin thetop 20 anyway, would you also call it "ridiculous"? My guess would be no, you wouldn't,lol.

A college star could play the full year before the draft, yet suck. Or, he could miss severalgames, yet dominate.The draft will always be a crapshoot. Decker and Gerhart,just like Dez Bryant, would still deserve to be high picks because they'realready established themselves as proven commodities against their fellow contemporaries on the amateur level.Edited by: Rick93

dwid

Hall of Famer
First of all, you are twisting words, I said the NFL is ridiculous, not saying it would be completely ridiculous for Bryant to be picked top 20, it just would be a little stupid for an nfl team to risk it in the first round instead of just waiting, in a fair world he should drop to the second round because like I said top 10-20 picks are expected to contribute right away. Like I said, do you remember what taking a year off did for Mike Williams?

Yes the draft is a crapshoot, so you that means you just roll the dice on a player in the first round who didnt play for a year? over players who dominated that very same year? What kind of reasoning is that?

And if Gerhart and Decker missed the majority of this season then top 20 would be a stretch, Id say second round pick at best, but those type of players don't get that type of treatment, Mike Hass won the Biletnikoff award and went in the 6th round, Austin Collie led the nation in receiving last year and went in the 4th round, so would I be happy for them if they missed the rest of the season and went top 20? yes but I still think it would be risky.

Do you even realize how much different prepping for a combine and actually playing football is? Edited by: dwid

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<h1>All-America WR Bryant loses appeal to play in '09</h1>

<div> </div>

<div>OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The NCAA has rejected a final appeal to
reinstate Dez Bryant and Oklahoma State has probably seen the last of
its All-America receiver.
</div>
<t></t><table width="335" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
<t><tr><td>
10292306_18_2.jpg
</td></tr>
<tr><td>Dez Bryant. (Getty Images)</td></tr>
</t></table>

The NCAA rejected Oklahoma State's appeal to reinstate Bryant on
Thursday, meaning he won't be back this season. The junior is
considered a top NFL prospect and few expect him to come back for
another season in Stillwater.

Bryant sat out the last five games
for No. 18 Oklahoma State (6-2, 3-1 Big 12) after the school ruled him
ineligible for lying to an NCAA investigator looking into Bryant's
offseason meeting with former NFL player Deion Sanders.

The NCAA
decided last week that Bryant should be suspended until next September,
and OSU appealed to the NCAA's Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee.
That group announced Thursday that it had rejected Bryant's appeal in a
two-paragraph statement that included no explanation.

The NCAA
indicated in its initial decision that it was showing leniency toward
Bryant since it could have taken his eligibility away entirely.

Bryant
caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while
also scoring twice on punt returns. He was the only one of three
finalists for the Biletnikoff Award left in school this year.

In
a letter to the NCAA that accompanied his request for reinstatement,
Bryant had asked to be allowed to play again this season and that his
"punishment is not so bad that I do not get to play football again at
OSU."

"We're obviously disappointed for Dez. As a team, we'll move forward from here," Cowboys coach Mike Gundy said in a statement.

Gundy
had allowed Bryant to skip some team activities, including practice,
because it was difficult emotionally to be around the team while
ineligible. He was in Dallas for an interview last week when the NCAA's
initial decision came out.

"He's been in and out and around and
in touch," offensive coordinator Gunter Brewer said this week. "It's
just been a struggle mentally and it's just been a tough time for
everybody."

"He's still working out and doing some things and somewhat on his own and somewhat with us," Brewer added.

While
Bryant was away, Brewer said, he had been "really trying to get with
his family and make some decisions for him for the long haul." The
Cowboys lost to Texas 41-14 last Saturday to fall out of a tie for the
Big 12 South lead.

"I don't think there's any doubt it's been
very, very emotional thing. It's a dream of his to play in games like
that against Texas. It was very hard," Brewer said. "That's been his
life, playing ball, and he loves playing college football. It's been
taken away and that's just something we're all dealing with."

All I can say is, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ah, ha ha ha ha ha!

BFD

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Zac Robinson is out with an injury and his white backup, Alex Cate, is really struggling in his first start, starting the Colorado game passing 0-9. I hope he's able to improve, but I wouldn't mind seeing Colorado beat them.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Oklahoma State won last night 31-28, after the 3rd string QB came in and saved the Cowboys. Josh Cooper did catch three passes, but I don't think he starts anymore.

I was hoping they would lose too, Reb. They might take an at large BSC bid away from a whiter team. I hate Gundy and his nearly all-black team. Cooper should be starting, and Ward, the FB, barely every gets to play, let alone see the ball.