2008 All Snubbed Team

SteveB

Mentor
Every year at this time, I get disgusted by all of the players with D1 talent that don't get a D1 scholarship, so I thought that it would be a good idea to start an "all snubbed" list. We can add to this as we find more players.

To start:

Cory McCaffrey - RB from Oregon, one of the most prolific rushers in the nation, signed with 1AA Portland St.

Jordan Roberts - RB from West Virginia, 5-11, 210 lbs, 4.4 speed, and a 40" vertical. Rushed for over 5900 yds and 80 TDs in high school. Hasn't signed yet, with the only offers from No. Illinois and Army.

Brock Jackloski - RB from NY and NY Player of the Year, signed with Hofstra. 5-11, 188 lbs, with 4.3 speed.

Josh Renel - RB from Michigan. Small but has great quickness and could be a receiver at the D1 level. Signed with D2 Wayne State.

Billy Bair - RB from Mars PA. 6-0, 182 lbs, rushed for 4356 yds and 60 TDs in high school. No D1 offers, has not signed anywhere yet.

Luke Anderson - 5-11, 195 lb safety from Southlake Carroll with 4.3 speed. Defensive leader for one of the top high school programs in the country. Signed with Kilgore JC.

Lee Jones - RB from Moss Bluff LA, 6-0, 180 lbs with 4.4 speed. No D1 offers, I can't find if he signed anywhere.

That should get us started.

sunshine

Mentor
Depressing. Luke Anderson is a mystery is it grades? 4.3 pure speed 40 inch vertical hits like a truck. Kulgore JC oh yeh thats a good place to get recognized.
Roberts will likely sign with a div. 1 program. I always figured many coaches stay away from white speedsters so they won't upset the applecart .

Interesting note re. Renel to Wayne State, school is in downtown Detroit
with a black coach, but went almost all white, er, "suburban" with his in-
state recruits. As many kids from Wisconsin as from Detroit proper -- 1. I
guess MSU took them all.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Cory McCaffrey - RB from Oregon, one of the most prolific rushers in the nation, signed with 1AA Portland St.

SteveB-Maybe McCaffrey thinks Jerry Glanville and his staff at Portland State will help make him the best football player he can be. It`s just a thought.

Let`s hope that Brock Jackloski takes theHofstra to NFL stardom route like Wayne Chrebet.

Let`s also hope that some D1 school gives Billy Bair a chance to run the ball from next season. Idon`t care about his reported size and speed so much as I know he put up incredible numbers in the WPIAL. If it wasn`t for his lack of skin pigmentation, the D1 recruiters would have been drooling allover him. Good luck, Billy!

SteveB

Mentor
A few more:

Eric Magnacca - RB/DB, 5-11, 190, 4.39. Running back out of Ohio who rushed for more than 1300 yds last year. Ran two sub 4.4 40s at the Akron Nike Camp. Had interest from Ohio St and Notre Dame, but never offered. Will probably walk on at OSU.

Mike Cuddeback - CB, 5-10, 180, 4.43 out of Sterling Heights MI. Going to Grand Valley St. All-East Michigan selection.

Eric Breitenstein - RB, 5-11, 211, 4.55 out of Boone NC. Rushed for over 5,000 yds and 55 TDs in high school. Also was a force at DB with 5 int his junior year. Going to play for 1AA Wofford.

SteveB

Mentor
I was watching the Texas High School Coaches Association All Star Game two nights ago and two WRs caught my eye, Seth Gardner for the North squad and Cody Renken of the South squad.

Gardner is from the reigning 4A State Champs Highland Park. Gardner help lead a remarkable comeback with a 38 yd TD catch with 1:38 to go in the game. He ended the game with 6 rec for 78 yds.

North Rallies to Win All Star Game

Gardner was an All State selection for both football and baseball. He is 6'4" and 195 lbs and had over 1,100 receiving yds in his football career. He will be going to Arkansas to play baseball as an outfielder.

After his big catch in the All Star game, he was interviewed on the sideline. During the interview, he said that he wasn't recruited by a single school to play college football.

There is no reason that this kid shouldn't be playing D1 football. He has the size and speed (on the 38 yd TD catch he beat his man easily) that college coaches drool over.

Good luck to him in his baseball career, but it would have been fun to watch him develop on the gridiron.

Renken is a small (5-9", 160 lbs), but speedy WR for 5A powerhouse Smithson Valley. He was a 1st team All State selection at WR, but didn't get a sniff from any D1 colleges. He will be playing football for the Colorado School of Mines this fall. His 51 yd TD reception in the 3rd quarter showed his tremendous speed as he blew past the DBs. He finished the game with 4 rec for 69 yds.

Renken at the All Star Game

Renken finished last season with 61 rec for 1053 yds and 12 TDs. He was also one of the top 200m runners in Central Texas and a member of the 1600m relay team that placed 3rd in the state championship track meet. Although he is small, that never seems to affect small/speedy black WRs from getting a D1 offer.
Edited by: SteveB

foolsballnut

One kid down south is cornerback Josh Anderson. Recieved 5 offers at the 1AA level and was close to an offer from GA TECh when Gailey was fired. Clemson, Georgia all invited him as a preferred walk on but no scholly. Josh eventually chose to play for D 1 AA Presbyterian in South Carolina. He was as good as any corner I saw all year. Josh was an All Region All Area and garnered an invitation to the All American Bowl Clssic in Jackson MS. Edited by: foolsballnut

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The last two posts are great pieces of evidence of the caste system...thanks guys.
smiley4.gif