CB1: Jordan Peterson, SO, Texas A&M
CB2: Adam Shada, SR, Iowa
CB3: Ben Criddle SR, BYU
FS: Anthony Scirrotto, JR, Penn St.
SS: Tom Zbikowski, SR, Notre Dame

K: Alexis Serna, SR, Oregon St.
P: Chris Miller, SR, Ball St.
RET: Tom Zbikowski, SR, Notre Dame

*JUST MISSED: QB John David Booty USC, RB Kevin Harris Wake Forest, RB/FB Jacob Hester LSU, WR Jordy Nelson KSU, WR Luke Swan Wisconsin, WR Nate Swift Nebraska, WR Brian Hartline Ohio St., DE Willie VanDeSteeg Minnesota, DT Josh Thompson Auburn, LB Spencer Larsen Arizona, LB Mike Klinkenborg Iowa, CB Nick Sanchez Stanford
Just my nominations anyway, I'm certainly open to debate/discussion. WR was by far the hardest position to do, with Florida's Riley Cooper, Stanford's Evan Moore, and ASU's Chris McGaha all having solid chances of putting up yards.Edited by: jared

white tornado

Mentor
Good job on the selections I like your picks
smiley32.gif

jared

Mentor
Thanks. With just some minor shifting of those same personnel (Mitch King to DE, Ian Campbell to OLB), this team could run a fierce 3-4 defense as well.

warrior16

I'd throw in DT Josh Thompson with Auburn and RB/FB Brandon Sutherland
from UGA.

Great list and a number of talented to players to watch for in the upcoming
season.

voice

Guru
Nice Job Jared! I call for this to be an annual effort!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good list jared!
smiley32.gif
I can't really argue with any of those picks. I will have the good fortune of watching Kyle Bell and Spencer Larsen in person this year.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good job, Jared!
smiley32.gif

i would add Ben Criddle from BYU over Nick Sanchez at cornerback, because Sanchez has been banged up so much of his career. Criddle has the chance to emerge as the top corner in the MWC this year.

hopefully, Kayle Buchanan, another white speedster, will be playing the corner opposite him for the Cougars.

also, i am really looking forward to seeing Evan Moore in action. he has had his phenomenal talents overcome by injuries throughout his career. maybe this year he will blow up in a good way.

C Darwin

Mentor
I would like to make mention of TB/WR Chad Hall of Air Force in this thread. He's averaged 5.2 ypc over the last 2 years.

He had 155 carries and 11 receptions last year. His success at tailback got him a demotion to"Z" back.
smiley5.gif

Go Falcons! Edited by: C Darwin

sunshine

Mentor
Excellent thread and thanks Jared.. Criddle the BYU CB intrigues me and I love the way Nebraska LB Corey Mckeon plays. Keep an eye on UCONN soph WR Brad Kanuch. He is fast and could make some noise this year.

sunshine

Mentor
Just saw his name listed in post and because I didn't buy a college football mag this year--budget--I am forgetting a lot of guys.. Brandon Erwin a safety for Purdue has great speed and looked good when I saw him last year. Only a sophmore!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the truth is there are so many white athletes out there we should have a list of talents so long it would be nigh impossible to pick a list.

but the sad fact is most of them never get the chance to shine.

jared

Mentor
Both Josh Thompson and Ben Criddle are solid players who could easily unseat the guys I picked ahead of them. I remember being torn on Criddle/Sanchez. I think I went Sanchez because he plays in a better conference and his injury issues should be behind him. But upon second examination of the stats and bios, I'll give the nod to Criddle.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you didn't have to do that, jared.

i was just making fun debate regarding our talented white athletes. but thanks.
smiley2.gif

jared

Mentor
No problemo, you made a good point and I agree. Plus, Criddle transferred from an AZ JUCO so right there he gets the nod. The point we should all take from this is that there are A LOT of outstanding white players out there that won't fit on this roster. I think I'll make a comprehensive player "watch list".

sunshine

Mentor
Looking forward to it. Throw in the Walker brothers at Texas Tech. The younger one is due to explode with his speed. Shipley from Texas might have a break out year too. Not an exact science of course.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the caste system's machinations can be blatant, as with the treatment of Brian Leonard, Peyton Hillis, and so forth. but it can often be subtle. it is very easy to simply not mention someone's talent, because then it is much easier to pretend it doesn't exist.

take for example, the treatment of young Jordan Peterson at Texas A&M...

according to his head coach, Peterson was the team's BEST cover man last year as a red-shirt freshman, and the stats back it up. he tied for the team lead in interceptions and led the team in passes broken up.
smiley32.gif
however, when you look at Athlon's All-Big 12 teams, there is only one Texas A&M defensive back on the list and IT ISN'T JORDAN PETERSON.
smiley5.gif

fellow cornerbackDanny Gorrer was named to the third-team All-Big 12 while Jordan Peterson was nowhere to be found...

on the same list, Todd Blythe was only named to the second-team.

the same subtlety can be found inthe rare otherconferences where whites still are allowed to play, the Mountain West for example...

Athlon lists white cornerback Ben Criddle and white safety Ben Tate on its first team, but they somehow leave off possibly the best defensive back in the conference in BYU safetyQuinn Gooch!
smiley5.gif
heaven forbid we have an All-Conference First Team secondary with three crackers on it! what would the football gods say?!?!
smiley7.gif

and it goes even further... last year's top receiver was freshman Ryan Wolfe from UNLV. he led the league in receiving yards and was a big-play threat. however, his teammate and fellow white receiver Casey Flair led the league in receptions and was third in yards but only made second-team. but here is the important part! while Flair is an "over-achiever, who hustles and runs precise routes" to get his stats, the "consensus best receiver in the MWC" is Travis Brown from New Mexico... whose numbers are virtually identical! check out the stats for yourself:

Travis Brown (6-3, 202 pounds): 64 catches, 867 yards, 4 TDs, and averaged 66.7 yards per game.

Casey Flair (6-1, 190 pounds): 67 catches, 816 yards, 4 TDs, and averaged 68.0 yards per game. also team's top punt returner.

so which one is the "phenomenal talent" and which one is the "marginal prospect"?

this is the kind of subtle mis-leading info that makes the white masses fall into their belief that the black guy is better.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Solid post, JC! More information for our case.

Gi-15

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the caste system's machinations can be blatant, as with the treatment of Brian Leonard, Peyton Hillis, and so forth. but it can often be subtle. it is very easy to simply not mention someone's talent, because then it is much easier to pretend it doesn't exist.

take for example, the treatment of young Jordan Peterson at Texas A&M...

according to his head coach, Peterson was the team's BEST cover man last year as a red-shirt freshman, and the stats back it up. he tied for the team lead in interceptions and led the team in passes broken up.
smiley32.gif
 however, when you look at Athlon's All-Big 12 teams, there is only one Texas A&M defensive back on the list and IT ISN'T JORDAN PETERSON.
smiley5.gif

fellow cornerback Danny Gorrer was named to the third-team All-Big 12 while Jordan Peterson was nowhere to be found...

on the same list, Todd Blythe was only named to the second-team.

the same subtlety can be found in the rare other conferences where whites still are allowed to play, the Mountain West for example...

Athlon lists white cornerback Ben Criddle and white safety Ben Tate on its first team, but they somehow leave off possibly the best defensive back in the conference in BYU safety Quinn Gooch!
smiley5.gif
 heaven forbid we have an All-Conference First Team secondary with three crackers on it! what would the football gods say?!?!
smiley7.gif

and it goes even further... last year's top receiver was freshman Ryan Wolfe from UNLV. he led the league in receiving yards and was a big-play threat. however, his teammate and fellow white receiver Casey Flair led the league in receptions and was third in yards but only made second-team. but here is the important part! while Flair is an "over-achiever, who hustles and runs precise routes" to get his stats, the "consensus best receiver in the MWC" is Travis Brown from New Mexico... whose numbers are virtually identical! check out the stats for yourself:

Travis Brown (6-3, 202 pounds): 64 catches, 867 yards, 4 TDs, and averaged 66.7 yards per game.

Casey Flair (6-1, 190 pounds): 67 catches, 816 yards, 4 TDs, and averaged 68.0 yards per game. also team's top punt returner.

so which one is the "phenomenal talent" and which one is the "marginal prospect"?

this is the kind of subtle mis-leading info that makes the white masses fall into their belief that the black guy is better.
in Athlon's magazine's defense, they do mention that perterson got star potential in their team-by-team section.

also, this comes from foxsports.com's Pete Fiutak preview for the aggies defense :
"Peterson earned some all-star honors after a great freshman year making 29 tackles with eight broken up passes. The former high school quarterback has excellent speed and is just scratching the surface of how good he can become.
"

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the fact that they mention Jordan in a small caveat does little to overcomehis GLARING omission from the all-conference list. he is MUCH more talented AND more productive than his black teammate, yet he is relegated to virtual obscurity while his darker colleague gets praised.

that is BS.

also, a question for jared: i know the list is of Division I players, but would a phenomenal talent from a lower-level school be able to crack it?

Danny Woodhead is simply THE best tailback in American college football at the moment. it's not his fault he got screwed over by the Caste System. just a thought.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ditto about Danny Woodhead, the record setter from Chadron State in Nebraska.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the fact that they mention Jordan in a small caveat does little to overcome his GLARING omission from the all-conference list. he is MUCH more talented AND more productive than his black teammate, yet he is relegated to virtual obscurity while his darker colleague gets praised.

that is BS.

also, a question for jared: i know the list is of Division I players, but would a phenomenal talent from a lower-level school be able to crack it?

Danny Woodhead is simply THE best tailback in American college football at the moment. it's not his fault he got screwed over by the Caste System. just a thought.
smiley2.gif

He is a talent no doubt about it but the best in all divisions is a bold statement. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a great player in D1 but there is a noticble copmetetion gap between D1 and D2 I can tell you that.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you are right that there is a talent gap, whitecb, but individuals can fall through the cracks. and the Caste System helps insurealmost allwhite tailbacks do.

Danny did.

he has EXPLOSIVE speed in addition to incredible vision and elusiveness. he is bigger and faster than Darren Sproles who was a Heisman Trophy candidate for much of his senior year.

why do i mention Sproles in particular? he was the starting tailback at Kansas State when KSU told Danny he "wasn't big enough to play Division I."

anyway, he has the talent and gets it done against whoever lines up across from him. you can't ask a player to do much more than that.

jared

Mentor
You bring up a perfectly valid point. He may very well be better than the two RB's I chose. However I have never and unfortunately probably will never see Woodhead play (hope I'm wrong). Also, I was keeping my list in the spirit of All-American teams which seem to concentrate on Div 1A players.