impossible catch near the sidelines but, unfortunatly, one foot was out of
bounds.

When Parris gets out on the field it becomes apparent that he is the best
WR that Notre Dame has. Parris maybe played one quarter but still
managed the teams longest reception. Aginst Georgia Tech he was the
teams leading WR in terms of yardage despite getting limited playing
time.

If Weiss is a decent coach he will go with Parris even though playing a
white WR four years in a row might make him look racist.

Weiss. Your job is to play the best players so to give your team the best
chance at obtaining a BCS bid.

Poacher

Mentor
They're really piling on Weiss over at ESPN.

"Ty Willingham didn't get a free pass, will Charlie Weiss?"

How many seasons was Willingham with ND before they let him go?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Michigan handed Notre Dame it's ass today. I was at the game and I have to tell you the Irish are playing poorly in every phase of the game. The decision to go with the rookie QB has been a disaster, he's playing with very little confidence, or offensive line, or running game. But the defense sucks too. I cannot see how Weiss has put together such a mess of a team, even in a rebuilding year.

There is also a racial controversy brewing, the former starter at QB Demetrius something or other who was replaced in the first game has left the team intending to tranfer. He is supposed to have been "popular" with the other players and the insinuation is that Weiss has lost control of the team.

ND better get better quickly or Weiss is going to really be on the hot seat. The schedule doesn't look good, MSU, Purdue, UCLA, USC, only Duke and maybe the service acadamies look like good chances for wins.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't Weis still have something like ten years remaining on his contract? That would make it very difficult to fire him, unless the university wants to just eat 10 or 20 mil.

Everyone knew this was a rebuilding year, but no one expected it to be this awful.I want to see whatWeis does next year when his recruits are more seasoned. He's recruited a lot of white talent, it would be a shame if he doesn't use them or if it turns out he's just not a very good coach.

Weis has a better record than Willingham did at the same point in his tenure with ND. Plus Willingham hadweak people skills; that was a major reason given when he was let go. He does come across like a zombie. Of course, to the media men like Willingham and Marvin Harrison are admirable stoics while someone like Retief Goosen is an object of ridicule.

Disgraceful and Disgusting by ND.

Charlie Weis has been found out im beginning to think.
He and Latina cannot coach.
Some of the best Offensive Line talent in the country,
and they perform like this
smiley5.gif

Black Affletic QB Demetrius Jones left the team on Friday Afternoon and didnt tell anyone just as ND were boarding a bus for Ann Arbor,
Weis even had packages designed to use Jones.
what a class act Jones is.
Transferred to That Powerhouse Northern Illinois.
Good Riddance
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif

Weis has initiated Training camp, this week,pretty much giving up on the season.

all 22 starting sports are now open.
Hopefully Luke Schmidt and Kyle McCarthy can get more playing time.Edited by: NotreDameIrish

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a nice rebuttal from Matt Hayes of The Sporting News to the drunk white fans and media twits who are yelling "racism" because Charlie Weis isn't going to be fired after his third season like Tyrone Willingham was:

"This is beyond comical. I actually heard one of the television bobbleheads say 'Ty Willingham never went 0-3 to start a season.' He failed to mention that Willingham made Brady Quinn look like Anthony Quinn -- and that two years later Weis made Quinn an All-American and a first round draft pick.

"Weis also took underachieving players from Willingham's bad recruiting classes and somehow went to two BCS bowls with a defense that couldn't stop your local Pop Warner champion.

"Now, when Weis is playing catch-up with a freshman quarterback and an offensive line in shambles, we hear this hot seat nonsense. I'm not sugarcoating it; things are bad right now. But it's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmys and Joes. This team is young and fast at the skill positions, and quarterback Jimmy Clausen is going to be fantastic."

backrow

Hall of Famer
from an article on sportingnews.com:

IRISH PROSPECTS FAILING, TOO

We all expected Notre Dame to struggle this season but figured some of their top seniors -- center John Sullivan, tight end John Carlson and safety Tom Zbikowski -- would weather the storm as their young teammates adjusted. Turns out, the seniors just aren't as good as their press clippings:

Sullivan is a good center who likely will be drafted in the third or fourth round. He should become a solid NFL starter.

Carlson has not played well in '07. Carlson (6-6, 259) has good size and toughness but lacks quickness as a receiver. He has dropped to Day 2 status on our draft board and is viewed by most NFL scouts as an NFL backup who could contribute as a short and intermediate receiver and adequate blocker.

Zbikowski is regarded by some as the No. 1 safety. However, those who rank him high obviously don't dissect game film. Zbikowski is, at best, a Day 2 prospect. We at The War Room, as well as many scouts for NFL teams, project him as an NFL backup. Zbikowski's strength is playing the run, but he is an inconsistent tackler who struggles in deep coverage. His biggest impact in the NFL likely will be as a punt returner.

smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang that is bad, but almost predictable.
smiley5.gif
Sad.

psychosid

this was my response to this typical pro-caste article at thesportingnews.com......tell me what ya think ;)

so its all zibokowski's fault......
Posted by thetruthatlast on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:44 am

So let me get this straight, zbikowski is looked at as a day 2 prospect, hmm... so you make this judgement even though he is bigger, stronger and FASTER then either michael griffith or reggie nelson (2 first round picks), and is a fantastic punt returner. What does nelson or griffith have that zibby's does not...hmmm, speed, nope (i cant wait to see the look on your face when zibby drops a 4.38 at the combine) size, nope, zibby is 210, bigger then both of them. Also, zibby is not bad in coverage, its just the corner's of notre dame are horrible, and he is usually the last guy chasing the receiver. Sorry to bring this up, but i think you have a bias against zbikowski because he is white. If he was black you would be drooling over his "explosive" recovery speed & due to his punt return skills, hyping him up as the next devin hester. It's funny how most white sports writers are so anti-white and pro black when it comes to football players...just food for thought

backrow

Hall of Famer
tell you what, Zbik is not the most polished player out there, but damn, how many times we've seen great white football players getting passed over for black "projects" and "athletes"?
i'd like to see that situation reversed for once.

Warnipple

backrow said:
tell you what, Zbik is not the most polished player out there, but damn, how many times we've seen great white football players getting passed over for black "projects" and "athletes"?

Yeah, and I'd like to be a millionaire.

Let's work on that, OK?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Warnipple said:
backrow said:

Yeah, and I'd like to be a millionaire.

Let's work on that, OK?

are you trying to be funny?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say a lot if not most of the blacks drafted in the early rounds each year are "projects" of one kind or another. The Steelers' first round pickthis pastApril was a LB who played only one season in college, is slow and dumb, but somehow is a "great athlete" who only needs polishing. The Vikings drafted a WR in the first round a couple of years ago who doesn't have the first clue how to catch the ball. All of the hyped black QBs are five year projects coming into the league. Many of the black o-linemen get drafted simply because they're amazingly big and fat.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
well, im gonna be sad if Tom dont start one day in the NFL..but if he has sucess at PR, i'm gonna be seriously happy!

backrow

Hall of Famer
with a right coaching and in a proper system Tommy can develop as a very good player. no doubt about it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) - Matt Carufel, who started three games at right guard for Notre Dame, has decided to withdraw from school after losing the starting job.

"I spoke with Matt Carufel Sunday evening and he informed me that he was going to leave the team and withdraw from the University of Notre Dame," coach Charlie Weis said. "I appreciate all Matt has done for Notre Dame and wish him nothing but the best."
The 6-foot-5, 295-pound sophomore from Forest Lake, Minn., had started three games after Dan Wenger was injured against Michigan, but lost the job to Eric Olsen last week. Carufel missed practice and was not at the Boston College game on Saturday.

Carufel is the fourth sophomore to leave the program since April. Quarterback Zach Frazer transferred to Connecticut after he was demoted to fourth string in the spring.

Quarterback Demetrius Jones, who started the season-opener against Georgia Tech, lost his starting job and left the team the week of the Michigan game Sept. 15 and transferred to Cincinnati. Konrad Reuland, listed as the third-string tight end, left the team Sept. 23.

Sophomore guard Chris Stewart left the team for several days earlier this season before returning.

Realgeorge

Mentor
It's now or never for the U.S. Naval Academy football team to finally beat Notre Dame (1964). If Boat U. can't beat this sorry Irish team, they need to remove ND from the schedule ... and let West Point give it a try!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) - Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, who built his coaching reputation as a play-caller while helping the New England Patriots win three Super Bowls, won't be calling plays for the Fighting Irish next season.

Offensive coordinator Mike Haywood will call plays so Weis, coming off a dismal 3-9 season, can concentrate on his duties as head coach.
<DIV =in_info__btm>

"I think that when you're play-calling on offense, you might not necessarily be the best head coach. So what I'm trying to do is I'm trying to be a better head coach," he said Friday.

Weis decided to move away from play-calling after meeting with his old boss, Bill Belichick, before the Patriots played the New York Giants in the regular-season finale Dec. 29. Weis said he talked more with Belichick about how to be a better coach than about X's and O's. He also consulted with others, but said he was already leaning toward delegating the play-calling.

"I just felt that I had to, after this past season, figure out a laundry list of things on and off the field that I wanted to make better, and this was one of them," he said.

The move will give more freedom and responsibility to the assistant coaches on offense, Weis said.

"It means that all the offensive coaches now won't have to worry about the head coach breathing down their neck all the time," he said. "When you have a number of good coaches sometimes they get stymied or stifled a little bit when you have a very domineering presence as head coach that's also involved in the offense."

Weis also wants to be more approachable to players. The Irish played more underclassmen last season and Weis was concerned some were too worried about getting yelled at by him. He hopes they will worry less when they get to know him better.

"You get it so that they know you better so if you yell at them they know that it's not personal," he said.

On the defensive side, Weis said he will let defensive coordinator Corwin Brown and newly hired Jon Tenuta, assistant head coach for defense, work out how they will run the defense. Brown will call the plays, Weis said.

Tenuta was defensive coordinator at Georgia Tech for six seasons, where they ran a 4-3 defense. The Irish switched to a 3-4 defense in Brown's first season last year, but frequently used four-man fronts. So what will the defense look like next season?

"I think the idiosyncrasies of what they'll do we'll start worrying about on Feb. 18" when Tenuta starts, Weis said.

Tenuta will coach the linebackers next season, while Brown will coach the defensive backs.

The only other change is that Brian Polian, who had coached inside linebackers last season, will return to coaching special teams, a position he held the previous two seasons. Weis will also work with special teams.

Weis plans to meet with Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer, whose teams are known for their special teams play, to find out why he is so successful.

"I know one thing: I've got to figure out a better way of getting this special teams righted and I think he's done the best job of anyone I know in college football with special teams," Weis said.

Weis also addressed several personnel issues. He said he hopes starting nose tackle Pat Kuntz, not enrolled for spring semester for what Kuntz has termed "personal reasons," and tight end Will Yeatman, who was suspended from the team after he was arrested on misdemeanor counts of drunken driving and criminal recklessness, will play next season.

Weis also commented for the first time on Dana Jacobson, co-host of the "ESPN First Take" morning show, being disciplined by ESPN after an expletive-laden speech that included comments about Notre Dame and Weis during a roast of "Mike &amp; Mike in the Morning" co-hosts Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg.

"I was both personally and professionally offended by her comments," he said. "And if the situation were reversed, and that were me saying them, two things would have happened. I would have been the lead story on 'SportsCenter,' and I would have been fired."

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7777422/Weis-to-hand-play -call-duties-to-coordinator?FSO2&amp;ATT=MA [/url]

That last quote comes about as close as it gets to a major media figure saying something that could be construed as dare I say, pro-White. I know its a stretch, but its at least possible to take it that way.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's a stretch reclaimslocal, I think that is exactly what coach Weis meant. Good for him. I am still suprised to this day that Jacobsen made those comments in some kind of a drunken stupor. She has always seemed so together, buttoned down and professional on her morning sports show on ESPN. Did she ever apologize on air for her comments?