2007 Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white Irish starters next season.

Offense
QB Evan Sharpley
TE John Carlson
LT Paul Duncan
LG Mike Turkovich
C John Sullivan
RG Dan Wenger
RT Sam Young

Defense
NT Pat Kuntz
OLB John Ryan
OLB Anthony Vernaglia
S Tom Zbikowski

ILB Steve Quinn is listed as second string, as is S Kyle McCarthy, WR Robby Parris, and WR Barry Gallup. The Irish are only a couple of bad games or injuries away from being solidly majority white.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Do you think that Parris and Gallup have chance to put a couple of big games this year? That's not gonna be cool to watch NotreDame without one white receiver starting
smiley19.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think Weiss will go with someone who is productive. He'll have to pass, so I think if the black starters start dropping balls, you could see a change made at one of the WR spots. We'll have to see how they do.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
so i guess Kyle McCarthy's chance at corner has disappeared? i had been under the impression that he had a lot of talent there...

hopefully, he will emerge as a playmaker in the secondary regardless of where, but it would have been nice to see a white corner lined up for the Irish and shutting people down.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Demetrius Jones, an "athlete," is starting the game at QB for Notre Dame. Typical black quarterback, can run butlooks to havezero passing fundamentals. With about 9 minutes left in the first half against Georgia Tech, ND has 1 yard passing, 0 points, and Jones has lost two fumbles. Lookslike it might bea very long season for the Irish if Weis stays with Jones.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sharpley isin with 2:30 left in the first half.

backrow

Hall of Famer
goddamn, their o-line is playing a terrible game... Robbie Parris is having a decent game so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Parris and Carlson are the only bright spots on offense. 33-3 Georgia Tech with less than 9 minutes left.
smiley18.gif
Hopefully they'll stick with Sharpley as the starting quarterback.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmy Claussen just came in at QB to loud cheers.

Bad day for the Irish...It probably would not have mattered who was in for QB. Tech's D was too good and the Irish's O-line was looking bad. But Jones did nothing to help. That starting RB stunk it up too. They might have to put James Aldridge back there. Watched him when he was in H.S. in Hazelwood, MO before he moved to Crown Point, IN and he was a good RB. But that line needs to give the QB time.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
mrjohnnynofear said:
Bad day for the Irish...It probably would not have mattered who was in for QB.

I disagree. Two fumbles to start the game took the wind out of their sails a bit and he could not pass whatsoever. Frazer at least moved the ball and maybe would have done better starting the whole game... Plus the personal foul on the Black defensive lineman was the turning point in the game, stupid stupid play.

ocaamikedm11 said:
mrjohnnynofear said:
Bad day for the Irish...It probably would not have mattered who was in for QB.

I disagree. Two fumbles to start the game took the wind out of their sails a bit and he could not pass whatsoever. Frazer at least moved the ball and maybe would have done better starting the whole game... Plus the personal foul on the Black defensive lineman was the turning point in the game, stupid stupid play.

I agree with you on that part ocaamikedm11 with the defensive lineman, but the Irish had 9 sacks and couldn't run the ball either. Either way the problems with the Irish are multiple. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Some positives....

It looks like freshman WR Robby Parris will win a starting spot.

Most people are now saying that freshman QB Jimmy Clausen should get the starting job.

The younger offensive linemen will get playing time.

So with this it looks like Notre Dame will have a bad year but next year they will have a good young and experienced core group. This is a rebuilding year and Notre Dame will treat it as such. We can look forward to eventually seeing an almost all-white Notre Dame offense.

Jimmy Clausen will start against Penn St

the Line coach Latina is awful and should be sacked,
the O Line is constantly underacheiveing.
we have supposedly had the best O Line recruits for the last 2 years.

Robby Parris was the bright light on offense,very good.

On Defense.
Pat Kuntz tried hard but at 280 pounds isnt heavy enough to play Nose Guard,even at college level you need a 300 pounder there,he would be an animal at D-End in the 3-4.

Anthony Vernaglia was outstanding,good to see this physical freak is finally coming into his own,
This guy will be the best Linebacker in next years draft class,Bank it.

John Ryan also had a good game at Strongside,its a new position for him,so there will be growing pains.

Zibby didnt have a good day by his lofty standards.

all in all delighted with the defense,
played well,despite the offense giving the ball straight back to GT time after time in terrible field position.

as OC said,
its going to be a bad year for ND,

with our schedule like
at Penn St
at Michigan
Michigan St
at Purdue
at UCLA
Boston College
USC
Navy
Air Force
Duke
Stanford

i wouldnt be suprised if we go 0-8 to start the season
with an overall record of 4-8.
can you guys see us beating any of our next 7 opponents?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think ND will have a chance against Michigan, Michigan St and Purdue. Obviously if Appalachain st. beat Michigan than ND has a shot. Michigan St. put up some good numbers but who knows if that was an a fluke. Pudue has been inconsistent, i like the QB but I am not to sure about the defense. I did like how ND's defense played, I thought they played well given the circumstances. It is frustrating to watch Zbikowski and not see him making big plays like he should be.

Kaptain

Master
Frankly, I don't have never trusted Charlie Weiss. He inherited the white stars that have helped his team win. Starting a terrible black QB and somehow finding yet another typical black scat-back running-back just confirms to me that he is no different than other caste indoctrinated coaches.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i don't know, he recruits a lot of whites. plus Robbie Parris will be a huge factor for them, as should John Carlson.

referendum

Mentor
Also, its not as if he stayed with his black QB for a Kordell Stewart type length of time.

Well after the second half Clausen is looking alright. He's 9 of 11 for 65 yards, no interceptions.

WR Robby Parris hasn't gotten any chances even though he led the team in reception yards last week.

Im not sure that Notre Dame really starts for white players on defense. Im not seeing them.

G

Notre Dame is awful. All those passes were practically laterals and little 2 or 3 yard dinks in which the receiver fell forward after catching it. They couldn't move the ball down the field if their lives depended on it. Clausen's parents looked like they were in shock the whole game.

It's gonna be a long season.

backrow

Hall of Famer
OC football said:
Well after the second half Clausen is looking alright. He's 9 of 11 for 65 yards, no interceptions.

WR Robby Parris hasn't gotten any chances even though he led the team in reception yards last week.

Im not sure that Notre Dame really starts for white players on defense. Im not seeing them.
+

actually, Parris got only one catch for 35 yards and it was enough to finish the game as a second best WR for ND.

Clausen should get more first team reps and I think you will see even more improvement. I just hope the O-line can hold up and the running game can complement him. This is going to be HUGE...Michigan-Notre Dame...Hopefully Rick and Robby will tear the Michigan D apart.Edited by: mrjohnnynofear