2007 NFL Week 14

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Jerhame Urban, highly under-rated and under-used? I don't need to ask you. Will he be a popular target next week? I doubt it."

Dude, you should have been posting on this site back when Urban was with the Seahawks. I bet he was released 15 times in 3 years (others here can confirm).

At that time (past 2-3 seasons)the Seahawks had WR's who had no business playing on community college teams. All-Stars such as: Koren Robinson, Darrell Jackson, and Bobby Engram, haha. When I saw Urban went to the Cards, I was even more pissed, frustrated, and angry than before. However, he's been getting more playing time with the 2nd blackest team in history than with Mike Holmgren in Seattle!

I hope he gets a nice free agent contract after this season with some team that will actually use this big, fast, athletic WR.

jared

Mentor
Urban's hands this year have been a little sketchy for a white WR. His athleticism is solid. I'm hoping he improves the former. The NFL has no patience with white WR's who don't have immaculate hands.

backrow

Hall of Famer
jared said:
Urban's hands this year have been a little sketchy for a white WR. His athleticism is solid. I'm hoping he improves the former. The NFL has no patience with white WR's who don't have immaculate hands.

i've read some topics about him on Cards message board and several people pointed that out, as always being harder on white receivers. he did win a lot of them over with his performance yesterday though.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Does Urban have a lot of drops or what? I seem to recall something posted here from earlier in the season, but I can't remember the details. How do his drops compare to the average black wide receiver, especially those already on the Cardinals?

Bart

Hall of Famer
It was nice to see Big Ben moving and throwing the ball on the run. He is very, very good at that and difficult to bring down, he should run more. Brady threw some tightlyspiraled lasers and his down field pass on the flea flicker had to travel 63 or 64 yards in the air. His arm strength is underrated for sure. Randy Moss has dropped at least three TD's and and a few more passes in the last three weeks alone. Wes is still #2for receptions at 93, only three behind the leader and 26 yards shy of 1,000.

jared

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Does Urban have a lot of drops or what? I seem to recall something posted here from earlier in the season, but I can't remember the details. How do his drops compare to the average black wide receiver, especially those already on the Cardinals?

I'd say right now from what I've seen he has average hands for an NFL receiver which, by white WR standards is not very good. He dropped one fairly tough but catchable pass against Seattle, one where he was hit as he caught it, and he batted one of his TD catches high up in there before he brought it down. The other game earlier this year where he caught some flak for the Cards' loss, he dropped two difficult catches. Nothing real unforgivable, but he's going to have to improve if he wants to stick around. White guys are expected to catch everything.

Angelcynn

Guru
remark22, haha yea I heard that too. They were refering to him possibly returning to the NFL when one of them said if he eats too much fried chicken and puts on the weight he's got no chance.

Going back to Urban, his numbers at Seattle were impressive despite being barely thrown to. And talking of dropping passes did anyone see Henderson's unbelievable drop? He couldn't believe it either. Mind you Eric Johnson dropped one in the end zone although it was a hesitated low throw from Brees.
smiley5.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

As a long, long, long suffering Jet fan, I'd like to make a statement about dropped passes. Years ago, the Jets had a guy named Richard Caster. He was big and athletic. Nobody could cover him. He was unbelievable. The only thing wrong was he couldn't catch the ball. When he would drop the ball, there'd be no defender in the picture. Of course, in the end, teams more or less ignored him. Who knew that he was just before his time.
Leave it to the Jets to have the prototype passdropper of them all. I think there's some sort of curse on the franchise.

Tom Iron...

Bart

Hall of Famer
TheEnglishman said:
remark22, haha yea I heard that too. They were refering to him possibly returning to the NFL when one of them said if he eats too much fried chicken and puts on the weight he's got no chance.

I heard it discussed today on a radio program. The story is dead in the water and will not develop legs, as they say. It was Arthur Blank who made the comment. He will not get the Steve Lyons, Fuzzy Zoeller treatment for making jokes or uttering perceived insensitive remarks.

G

Well, to bring up "the Stormfront angle", I'm pretty sure Arthur is jewish, which buys him some armor in the US media.

I know backrow hates that stuff though.