2007 NFL Week 14

backrow said:
reclaimsocal said:
3rd sack for Kyle Vanden Bosch

i just saw that! it seems that every week we have at least one defensive end picking up the slack with great effort. so far we've had Allen, DeVries, Kampman, LaBoy, Vanden Bosch and Kerney with at least one 2-3 sack game.

The stats aren't even telling half the story, he is abusing Giant Negro Sumo Marcus McNeil, as I type this he has Rivers in his grasp, and somehow he got it down the field to Tomlinson which should be overturned due to him not getting both feet inbounds.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Witten is having a monster game. too bad about that fumble, but sh*t happens. still, 15 catches, 142 yards and game winning TD... what a game, best game by a tight end this season!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Kevin Curtis only had 3 catches today for something like 27 yards. Mcnabb didn't seem to be looking for him at all.
smiley19.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
there was Jerhame's Urban sighting, back to back long catches for Cards. unfortunately for him Pat kerney decided to show Levi Brown that he is an overrated sumo and first hurried and then sacked Warner on back to back downs.
Patrick has 2 sacks already!
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
What is going on with NFL.com? The scores and stats have stayed the same since about 2 pm.

works for me, just checked.

and just like that Welker scored for Pats and Urban scored for Cards! Urban has 4 for 79 already!
smiley32.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Interesting development in Miami:

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins QB John Beck was benched after the team's third possession Week 14. Beck went one for two passing for six yards and was sacked three times.

Why did Miami even bother to start him if they're going to yank him that quickly? Is Cleo Lemon the future of this team? They're 0-12... I don't think it's gonna hurt them to let their rookie quarterback play.

Unless the o-line (three sacks in three possessions) and the rest of the offense decided they wanted Lemon under center. Lemon was sacked only twice the rest of the game.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Lemon also threw 2 interceptions and had 4 (four) fumbles
smiley36.gif

PS damn, Welker is amazing... his agility is like something out of a video game. sidestep is lightning fast. he just caught 5 passes in a row... WOW!
and i was worried when he only had 1 catch for 4 yards in the first half!Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
Patrick Kerney says hello mister Vanden Bosch. just had his 3rd sack of he day, finishing Cards drive...
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
we got number 1 and number 4 top receivers of the week so far, in Witten and Urban.

Kerney and Vanden Bosch had 3 sacks a piece to lead the week along with Dumervill.

and Colts with Gonzalez and Clark are stll to come!

remark22

Just saw the highlights of the Texan's game, Daniels displayed his athletisism by slamming it through the uprights after his TD.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Anthony Gonzalez just outrun Ravens corner for a 57 yard TD!!

make it 2 long TD receptions!
smiley32.gif

Week 14: Receiving Yards

1 J. Witten, DAL, 138
smiley1.gif
(1 TD)
2 P. Burress, NYG, 136
3 R. Moss, NE, 135
4 A. Gonzalez, IND, 134
smiley1.gif
(2 TDs)
5 J. Urban, ARI, 123
smiley1.gif
(1 TD)
Edited by: backrow

Bear Backer

Mentor
Dang it
smiley19.gif
The one week I don't have a fantasy game and Manning has one of his best fantasy performances of the season. Nice day for Gonzo too. That old fart Harrison has been in the league 12 years now, he needs to have a reduced roll next season. Gonzo has had two 100 yard games now in the last 3 weeks, I think it is safe to say he is proving he can play at a high level in the NFL.

On a much less jovial note, does anyone else think that the next black messiah QB
smiley11.gif
may have been born today in Baltimore? All 5 feet 11 inches of him.Edited by: Bear Backer

Gi-15

Mentor
Well, Harrison probably wont be around next season. His knee condition seems to be chronic stuff. If he's smart, he'll hang them up at the end of the season.

And Smith looked efficient, but that was garbage time against backups playing prevent, I hope nobody in maryland is too excited about this guy yet.

Kaptain

Master
Anthony Gonzalez catching passes from Manning the next few years sounds pretty exciting (especially for my CF Lambert keeper league). It will be a tough week of voting for the caste football player of the week.

Kaptain

Master
This is better year than the recent past. Jason Witten leads all TEs in receptions and yards, Wes Welker is a close second in total receptions. The sack leader is Patrick Kerney with Jared Allen a close third. Three white players are locks to be 1,000 yard recievers; Jason Witten, Welker, and Kevin Curtis. Did we have any last year? I don't think so. The top 12 passers in total yards are all white!!! The top 14 passers in total TD's are all white!!! The best offensive lines are all-white; New England and Green Bay etc.

On the downside, Jacksonville screwed over the ultra talented Matt Jones. Get out Matt! In total tackles Barrett Rudd is the closest white but is about 30 tackles behind the leader. And of course, the talents of Mike Hass and David Ball are being wasted away - on team that desperately needs WRs.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Three white players are locks to be 1,000 yard recievers; Jason Witten, Welker, and Kevin Curtis. Did we have any last year? I don't think so."

Actually, Mike Furrey (yeah, remember him?) had like 1167 yards last year along with being 2nd in the NFL in catches.

You're right, I don't remember a year for white receiving in the last decade being ANYTHING like this season.

Do you guys realize how many of our guys are in the top 50 in receiving this year?!? Shockey, Cooley, Witten, Curtis, Welker, Walter, Daniels, and Stokley!

That's something like 95% of the starting white WR's in the NFL (Joe Jurevicious is the only one not in the top 50)! That speaks volumes about our players...

Angelcynn

Guru
I think I chose a good season to start following the NFL week in week out? I'm really enjoying it! With help from the likes of Favre, Brady, Manning, Romo, Welker, Curtis, Walter, Witten, Clark, Cooley, Allen, Kampman, Kerney, Urlacher, Wilhelm, Greenway, Ruud, Hawk, DiGiorgio and of course Michael Vick, and many more.........

Jerhame Urban, highly under-rated and under-used? I don't need to ask you. Will he be a popular target next week? I doubt it. Jeremy Shockey! What the hell is going on? I don't like Eli thats for sure. Matt Jones great catch, but get the hell out of that hell hole. Del Rio likes it up the bum from Al Sharpton! The media acted as if they'd never praised Garrard before so what did they do, praise Garrard so it completely flattered him and made him sound as if he's a top 5 QB because of one good game.
smiley5.gif