2007 NFL Draft

whiteCB

Master
white tornado said:
Troy smith is different than vick.

Yeah Troy Smith actually waits for WRs to get open instead of just scrambling everytime he sees no one open. Troy does not have Vick's speed but doesn't need to be that fast because he stays in the pocket and waits for routes to develop. Michael Vick is a horrible QB who can't make reads and is a poor decision maker.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mel Kiper's "Big Board" is now almost all black. A few months ago we were hopeful that the '07 NFL Draft might not be asoverwhelmingly black as usual, as Mel and other "experts" had as many as ten whites going in the first round, but now Kiper has just Joe Thomas (#2), Brady Quinn (#3), Ryan Kalil (#22, center from USC) and Adam Carriker (#24) listed. The Shark is of course gone, and you can bet that teams "just won't be sure how to use" Brian Leonard and he'll drop well past the first round.

White Mike

Guru
Mike Moyer was actually hyping up Leonard on NFL network this morning stating that he struggled to find find something that he didn't like about him. Also I heard Brian is down to 224lbs and stated at weigh in's "I want to play tailback!" That's white. DD.com had Brian going late 1st rd to the Patriots.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
NFL post draft posistions for successful college whites are as follows:

Running back in college=third string blocking back in pros

Receiver in college= practice squad, or Arena Football League

Running ability quarterback in college = receiver, tight end pro's-Arena league

Cornerback in college=don't even bother. Get a job driving trucks.

Apparently the skill curve is much too dramatic for whites after college. The NFL is such a tremendous step up in talent and ability that whitey has no chance (check Hass, Staley,Jervey, etc.) to hang with afro-elites.

whiteCB

Master
Kiper is an idiot. How the hell can Paul Poslunsny not be one of the top 25 players in the draft. I guarantee to matter what the f%ck Kiper says about Paul he will be a top 25 pick. GUARANTEED!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
NFL post draft posistions for successful college whites are as follows:Running back in college=third string blocking back in pros Receiver in college= practice squad, or Arena Football League Running ability quarterback in college = receiver, tight end pro's-Arena league Cornerback in college=don't even bother. Get a job driving trucks.Apparently the skill curve is much too dramatic for whites after college. The NFL is such a tremendous step up in talent and ability that whitey has no chance (check Hass, Staley,Jervey, etc.) to hang with afro-elites.

Are you being sarcastic?

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Indeed I am my good man. I was being a bit sardonic as well and a touch ribold.

Edited by: WHITE NOISE

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's Mel Kiper's predictions on where some of the players in the Senior Bowl will go:

QB Drew Stanton: Good, but not great arm. Erratic. Tough and athletic. (Round 3 or 4)

RB Brian Leonard: Jack-of-all-trades player. Runs, catches, blocks. (Round 2)

LB Paul Posluszny: Productive, smart, instinctive. Lumbers. Coverage question. (Round 3)

DB Eric Weddle: Consummate playmaker. Versatile. Tough. Instinctive. (Round 3 or 4)

DL Quinn Pitcock: Limited athletically. Steady, tough, consistent. (Round 3)

Ashappens everyyear as if by "black magic," many of the highly rated white players are slowly but surely sliding down draft boards, as the above predictions illustrate. The "jack of all trades" descriptionfor Leonard is typical Caste-ese given to a potentially great white runner. If he doesn't run under 4.5 look for him keep dropping. Tackling machine Posluszny "lumbers." Weddle is called a DB; guess Mel hasn't officially designated him a safety - yet. (Mel, along with the other "draft experts" designated Jason Sehorn a "safety" coming out of USC and that's exactly what the Giants ended up drafting him as, whereupon he mostly sat on the bench for two seasons before New York "daringly" allowed him to play cornerback. Edited by: Don Wassall

white is right

Hall of Famer
I knew Mel would relapse he must have restocked his DVD Boyz II Men collection again........
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

White Mike

Guru
Mike Moyer has Weddle listed as 12 DB in the draft. He will be lucky to go on day one.

Don Wassall said:
Weddle is called a DB; guess Mel hasn't officially designated him a safety - yet.  (Mel, along with the other "draft experts" designated Jason Sehorn a "safety" coming out of USC and that's exactly what the Giants ended up drafting him as, whereupon he mostly sat on the bench for two seasons before New York "daringly" allowed him to play cornerback. 

As an aside, what the hell did Sehorn weigh coming out of college? Post-2000 or so, I'm seeing 213, which is goddamn big for a corner and fair sized for a safety, but even the Madden games were showing him as fast(speed of 90 in 2003). Despite seeing him twice a season since I'm a 'Skins fan, I have a hell of a hard time remembering him. I remember his pick of McLipps, er, McNabb, and the Superbowl the Ravens won(he had a bad game), but that's it.

Imagine if a white DB can do this, how good white WRs could be...

White Mike

Guru
Couldn't find stats on his weight in college. Grab your Sega out of the attic and fire up Madden 95. Here is a little bio on Sehorn from jasonsehorn.com

Jason Sehorn's accomplishments as a three-sport athlete at Shasta College are mind boggling, if not legendary. Born in Sacramento, California in 1971, Sehorn did not play football at Mt. Shasta High School until his senior year, but promptly captured league MVP honors while also proving himself a standout performer in basketball and track. Sehorn's natural athletic ability was obvious to a major league baseball scout who spotted him playing an amateur league game following his graduation from Mt. Shasta High. He spent the next two seasons playing minor-league baseball, despite having never played Little League or high school baseball.

Sehorn went on to play all three sports at Shasta College from 1990-91, making his biggest impact on the gridiron where he lined-up as a wide receiver, kick returner and safety. He holds numerous Shasta College records, including: touchdowns in a season (17), touchdowns in a career (34), longest kickoff return (100 yds), season scoring (106 points), career scoring (210 points), and all-purpose yards per game (253). Sehorn's 506 all-purpose yards in a 1991 game against Solano was a national community college record that stood for ten years, and his 4,308 career all-purpose yards ranks second in U.S. community college football history. For his football accomplishments, Sehorn was named a two-time 1st Team JC Grid-Wire All American, two-time All Golden Valley Conference and Golden Valley Conference MVP and CCCFCA All State in 1990.

During the 1990-91 season, Sehorn starred on the Shasta College men's basketball team, averaging 12.5 points and 6 rebounds per game. In 1991, Sehorn set a Shasta College track and field record with a triple jump of 48 feet 1 ½ inches, and won four events to lead the Knights to a Golden Valley Conference track and field championship.

Following his brilliant career at Shasta, Sehorn signed a scholarship to play football for the USC Trojans where he lined-up at both safety and cornerback. He totaled 136 tackles (108 solo) with 10 interceptions and 23 passes defended while returning 31 punts for 7.3-yard average in his Trojan career.

Sehorn was selected 59th overall in the 1995 NFL Draft by the New York Giants, where he played for nine seasons, highlighted by a 2001 NFC Championship. He signed with the St. Louis Rams in 2003.

However, it is often Sehorn's generous volunteer activities that set him apart from other elite athletes. He has helped several single mothers in Newark, N.J. become homeowners. Sehorn's Corner hosts "Turkey Trot", a program in which his foundation purchases Thanksgiving meals for single-parent families in Elizabeth, NJ. Sehorn has hosted a Mother's Day luncheon in Newark for single-parent mothers and continues his involvement in numerous charities. His donation to Mt. Shasta High was the catalyst for a renovation to the school's track facilities in 2003

whiteCB

Master
Damn I miss seeing Sehorn out there at CB. I remember he was my idol growing up as I too played CB. I remember when I was a kid and found out that Sehorn was the only whiteCB and I just thought that kind of seemed messed up at the time. Though now being older and wiser it all makes sense how f-ed up the caste system is.

jcolec02

Mentor
the only white corner in the NFL at that time...but somehow one of the best...hmmmmm??? makes ya wonder...
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Draft Daddy has both Eric Weddle (New England) and Tony Gonzalez (San Diego) projected as late first round picks in its latest mock draft. And it's not like they're pandering, as there's only a total of 7 whites in DD's first round.

Nebraska OLB Stewart Bradley is moving up, now ranked 4th among outside backers by DD. Posluszny is 2nd. Nebraska DE Jay Moore had a huge Senior Bowl with 3 sacks.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Like I've said before, I put in no weight in which teams draft the players, but rather what team they end up on. As mentioned on the Brion Leonard thread, someone said he should go to the Patriots due to their higher amount of whites than your average NFL team, but they already have Maroney at TB and Brady passes the ball to everyone, meaning Brian wouldn't touch the ball all that much. I just hope players are drafted by teams where they have a legit shot to start, rather than where they are picked.. the drafting of a lot of whites in the first round looks nice, but the average fan won't remember that come time for the season and ultimately it only matters what is done on the field, and if players aren't getting on the field, then we have no chance.

whiteCB

Master
Gonzalez could definitly be the #1 WR on the Chargers with their awful WR corps. Gonzo's stock will skyrocket after the combine when he shows off his 4.3 speed. Also I've never heard of this OLB Stewart Bradley before. I can't believe Jimmy Chitwood hasn't been on top of this guy. And whatever team Weddle goes to I hope its just a white friendly staff that will allow Eric to showcase his CB skills.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Also I've never heard of this OLB Stewart Bradley before. I can't believe Jimmy Chitwood hasn't been on top of this guy.

heh. it's nice to be appreciated.
smiley2.gif
seriously, i've known OF Bradley for a while, but i've never talked about him. here at Caste we mainly focus on players at the "forbidden" positions. white linebackers still get some opportunities, although in recent years those opportunities are becoming more and more rare.

actually, i'm trying to get my brother to post on the LBs of the world. he's really a student of the linebacker part of the game. he knows more about them than i do.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
actually, i'm trying to get my brother to post on the LBs of the world. he's really a student of the linebacker part of the game. he knows more about them than i do.

now that's impossible
smiley2.gif

sunshine

Mentor
I was reading on Draft Daddy about DE Jay Moore attacking the theory that white DE's lack burst and speed. You goota love Nebraska guys. Below are some key names attending the combine.
Moore-DE
Carriker-DE
Bradley-LB
Leonard-FB
Wendling-S
Weddle-CB
Olsen-TE
Shaw-LB
and a few others too.
I think we at caste should challenge individual announcers and sports writers on their core beliefs. I think you have to take apart the system one brick at a time. Because I have seen no progress from the media since Caste started.. Not that all of the media is to blame. Around 20-35% of the media are pretty fair and don't rely on stereotypes.

voice

Guru
Gosh..when I watch this tape I wonder why more schools don't recruit from Minnesota.

I watch the top conference in MN-Lake-and these teams would be get beat 70-0, including Leonards team.

It is quite interesting actually, We have a lot of brothers in inner city and it kills them to live in MN because these teams get beat 70-0 by Suburbs. Then they don't get recruited.

Minnesota only sends about 10 DI prospects and then their kids go on and help local DI-AA, DII and DIII teams win national championships.I wish we had a Boise State or Colorado State in MN to recruit this talent.

speedster

Mentor
According to what Jay Moore has said I'm pretty sure he comes to this site very often.