2006 West Virginia Mountaineers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters for WVU in 2006.

Offense
FB-Owen Schmitt
WR-Jeremy Bruce
TE-Michael Villagrana
LT-Damien Crissey
LG-Ryan Stancheck
C-Dan Mozes
RG-Jeremy Sheffey
RT-Jake Figner

Defense
SLB-Bobby Hathaway
MLB-Jay Henry or Marc Magro
NT-Pat Liebig

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We have a thread going on Owen Schmitt in the College Football Stars forum, but I just want to add that this kid has talent that isn't far off at all from that of Brian Leonard and Peyton Hillis, two other superb running backs who are forced to play fullback because of their race. Owen had a tremendous average last year of 7.9 yards per rush. This was after being buried in Division II for two years after no one recruited him and then walking on at WVU.

Schmittended up with 380 yards in '05 asWVU's third and fourth rushing option. He's a super-strong 245 pounds of muscle who knocks defenders over like bowling pins and also knows how to run with the ball. We'll have to wait and see if he's used more as a fourth year junior this season.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
he also had the longest run of any running back on WVU's roster last year! not bad for a "fullback"...
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Schmitt and WV will be playing at home against Maryland tonight on ESPN. Both teams have a white FB and TE. Hopefully Schmitt will get to showcase himself.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and don't forget WVU's true sophomore Jeremy Bruce, who might be the fastest player on the team. much like Owen he's very versatile, but he has yet to be given a position that he can stick at and begin to dominate. it's almost as if his versatility has hurt him up to this point...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
West Virginia heads into the open weekend sharing the nation's longest winning streak, 11 games, with Ohio State thanks to BYU knocking off Texas Christian. The Mountaineers travel to Starkpatch next week to take on the hapless Croomdogs. I hope Schmitt runs the Maroons under the porch!

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Huge game for WVU tonight, anyone watching and can tell if they have any whites other than the MLB on Defense?

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Slaton hurt, Schmitt the featured back as well as Bruce lining up in the backfield.. this is a must see!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
WVU LB Tom Contraguerro had a 9 yard carry, and Owen Schmitt has 4 carries for 19 yards and a negative yardage catch with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I wonder if they can comeback and beat Louisville? Looks like they are trying, now down by 9.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watch it with the sound off if you want to enjoy it. Kirk Herbstreit is putting on one of the most revolting Caste performances I've ever heard. He must have said how WVU isn't nearly the same team without Steve Slaton (who left the game with an injury after coughing up the ball on two consecutive carries) at least a dozen times -- as WVU marched the length of the field to score! Jeremy Bruce was dismissed as incapable of making a play, while Owen Schmitt "tries hard." Quite a performance by Kirk.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a joke! It was Slaton who fumbled twice that got them in this deep hole.Then he fakes a hand injury.Yeah right.The Caste System is working overtime.
smiley7.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
It's obvious to me that WVU could put me at TB and I'd produce 100 yards a game.. it's a testament to their great (all white!) offensive line... the holes are amazing.. schmitt is also a hammer blocking out of the backfield..

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, thats what I'm doing, I'm fighting the system and not listening to it at the same time.
smiley4.gif
I just got through throwing together an answer on yahoo's question board. I hope we soon get some visitors because of it!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
West Virginia gets a chance to beat Rutgers at home. Will they do it? Here's a pic I posted in the stars section of Schmitt doing a Leonard style leap. Maybe he's been taking notes!

d945d76c-6664-4711-a504-0e87105175bb.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Owen Schmitt had a big game in the Gator Bowl today -- 13 carries for 109 yards and 2 TDs! Schmitt only had 52 carries all season and received more than usual today only because tailback Steve Slaton was injured. MakeOwen the featured back with a fullbackblocking for himand this kid could do some serious damage.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a game by Owen.This kid is a beast.He really should get alot more touches but is treated similar to Brian Leonard at Rutgers.What a shame.Today was only a glimpse of how good he could be!Congrats to Owen on a spectacular game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The latest "student"-afflete to join the Mountaineers:

Coach Rich Rodriguez yesterday announced that his staff has received a letter of intent from Washington, D.C.-area linebacker Pat Lazear, who pleaded guilty in December to a conspiracy charge stemming from a March 2006 robbery of a Bethesda, Md., health-drink store.

Lazear, who after his arrest was forced by Montgomery County officials to transfer from Whitman to Wheaton High School in Maryland, was an all-metropolitan selection and team captain who compiled 125 tackles and forced nine fumbles as a senior. His sentencing included 10 days in jail, 30 days in house arrest and a 10-year suspended sentence. According to The Washington Post, he was sentenced to 90 days of court supervision after a November 2004 incident in which he used a stolen credit card to buy $130 tennis shoes.

Don Wassall said:
The latest "student"-afflete to join the Mountaineers:

Coach Rich Rodriguez yesterday announced that his staff has received a letter of intent from Washington, D.C.-area linebacker Pat Lazear, who pleaded guilty in December to a conspiracy charge stemming from a March 2006 robbery of a Bethesda, Md., health-drink store.

Lazear, who after his arrest was forced by Montgomery County officials to transfer from Whitman to Wheaton High School in Maryland, was an all-metropolitan selection and team captain who compiled 125 tackles and forced nine fumbles as a senior. His sentencing included 10 days in jail, 30 days in house arrest and a 10-year suspended sentence. According to The Washington Post, he was sentenced to 90 days of court supervision after a November 2004 incident in which he used a stolen credit card to buy $130 tennis shoes.

erhm Don
i think Pat Lazaer is actually white
smiley18.gif

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key= 44916

KG2422

Mentor
Yep, he's white. And he breaks into stores to steal protein shakes and sneakers.
smiley8.gif
What a dummy.Edited by: KG2422

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To make up for my mistake, I hereby present the latest in the continuing misadventures of that esteemed WVU grad, the one the only Pacman Jones:

From Sports By Brooks:

REPORT: PACMAN JONES SEEN PUNCHING STRIPPER, BITING BOUNCER IN STRIP CLUB SURVEILLANCE VIDEO: Steve Cofield reports on Sporting News Radio today that video cameras inside the Las Vegas strip club Minxx recorded Pacman Jones "punching a girl (stripper)" and "doing the biting (of bouncer Aaron Cudworth)."

Cofield also reports that during most of the evening Jones was in a sling from recent shoulder surgery, and in a scuffle with Cudworth, had stitches ripped out, causing significant bleeding.

It was after Jones had his stitches torn out that he allegedly bit Cudworth (Las Vegas Police later swabbed Cudworth for evidence of Jones' DNA), threatened to kill him ("I will kill you"), and told his posse "smoke his ass".

Cudworth was later shot by an alleged associate of Jones. As was a security guard (now paralyzed) and female customer.

Triad

Mentor
White guy with a criminal record in Washington D.C.?
Is this guy a football player or a Congressman?
smiley4.gif