2006 Purdue Boilermakers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are my projections for the white starters at Purdue for the upcoming season.

Offense
QB-Curtis Painter
LT-Mike Otto
C-Robbie Powell
RG-Jordan Grimes
RT-Sean Sester

Defense
WLB-Dan Bick
DT-Ryan Baker
FS-Brandon Erwin
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I read that 6-9 wide receiver Kyle Ingraham returned to the program so hopefully he'll get his starting job back, otherwise this is one of the least interesting looking Purdue teams in quite a while. They play more white receivers than most schools, always have talented white QBs, and usually have a larger contingent of white defenders than the way this year's team is shaping up. A healthy, motivated and productive Ingraham would make them much easier to root for.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well Don, Purdue now has a white starting FS in Brandon Erwin. I don't see Ingraham on the 2 deep chart, but Jake Standeford, John's younger brother is listed as 2nd WR though.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Ingraham couldn't make the grades, so he's out for the year... maybe out for good.
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<TABLE =bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD>
<DIV =storyline style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">All three of these guys are black.
<DIV =storyline style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Lymon in fair condition after stabbing
<>
function BlogThisStoryTools() {
var headline = "Lymon in fair condition after stabbing";
var url = document.location.href;
var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url;
//alert(destination);
//return;
window.loca tion.href = destination;
}

<DIV =Table style="FLOAT: right; WIDTH: 313px">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<T>
<TR align=middle>
<TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" align=left>StoryTools:</TD>
<TD> </TD>
<TD> </TD>
<TD> </TD>
<TD></TD></TR>
<TR align=middle>
<TD></TD>
<TD>Print </TD>
<TD>Email </TD>
<TD>Blog This </TD>
<TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD>Associated Press
<!-- name="blurb" content="Purdue coach Joe Tiller is considering possible disciplinary measures against a football p who was stabbed in the chest, another who was later arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and any other teammates who might have been at the late-night bar fight near campus.

Receiver Selwyn Lymon, who started 12 games as a sophomore last season, was in fair condition Saturday at St. Elizabeth Medical Center."-->Posted: 10 hours ago
<>
// front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined
if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1 && document.getElementById("postedTime") != null) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none';

</TD>
<TD width=10></TD>
<TD align=right>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right>
<T>
<TR>
<TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD height=5></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<T>
<TR vAlign=top>
<TD width=10></TD>
<TD width=440>
<>
if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") {
leagueId = nflDefaultLeague;
//find teamId of default league (if exists)
for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){
if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){
defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0];
}
}
var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid;

}

<DIV =firstP>WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) - Purdue coach Joe Tiller is considering possible disciplinary measures against a football player who was stabbed in the chest, another who was later arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and any other teammates who might have been at the late-night bar fight near campus.

Receiver Selwyn Lymon, who started 12 games as a sophomore last season, was in fair condition Saturday at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.

Safety Torri Williams, arrested on the alcohol charge less than an hour after Lymon was stabbed early Friday, was identified in police records as having been with Lymon and at least one other player during the fight at Nick's Nightclub, Maj. Charlie Williams of the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department said.

Williams already has been suspended from the team, said Tiller, still waiting for information on the fight before deciding on other punishments.

"I'm not trying to dance around anything. I don't have any information right now. I'm doing my detective work right now," he said after Friday's practice. "I'm not going to overreact to anything yet."

Still, he was upset his players were at the nightclub in the first place.

"It's a school night, and we practice the next day. So, where are our heads?" he told the rest of the team. "What type of commitment do we have? Are we going to offer lip service to it or are we going to be serious about what we're trying to get done? We'll see."

Nightclub owner Nick Vukas said he did not see the fight or stabbing. But he saw what looked to be the beginning of an altercation just after 2 a.m. in the middle of the club, near some pool tables. Employees broke up the fight, and the club was closed for the night about 45 minutes earlier than usual, Vukas said.

Lymon arrived at the hospital's emergency room about 2:45 a.m. and was treated for a puncture wound to his upper chest. He originally was listed in critical condition but was upgraded to fair condition later Friday.

Another player, linebacker Stanford Keglar, said there were "probably more than about seven or eight" football players at the club, but he did not see the fight that led to the stabbing, reportedly in the parking lot.

"We were already there but we weren't in the vicinity when he actually got stabbed," Keglar said. "We were inside. I'm not sure how he got separated from everybody else. Nobody's really sure exactly who did it."

Tiller said Lymon was "not very important (to the team) right now, because of his behavior, because of the choices he makes. Period."

"This is not the first time I've had some questions about his motives. Probably won't be the last," he said.

Lymon missed spring practice last year because he was academically ineligible, and he missed one game last season after getting shot in the eye with a paintball pellet by one of his teammates.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>