2006 Ohio University Bobcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for 2006.

Offense
QB-Austen Everson
FB-Nate Clemens
X-WR-Scott Mayle
LT-Matt Coppage
LG-Paul Johnson
C-J.J. Knabb
RG-Matt Miller
RT-David Shelby

Defense
SS-Todd Koenig
MLB-Matt Muncy
SLB-Michael Graham
WLB-Tyler Russ
DE-Jameson Hartke
NT-Shane Yates
DE-Brett Sykes

Gary

Mentor
Like to see Ohio win the MAC Championship. Hey Colonel Reb, you are a good man!! I'm glad your on our side. By the way have you ever heard the song-"Johnny Reb" by the late Johnny Horton? Very good song-it should pump you up. Have a GREAT DAY!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Gary, its funny you mention that song. I have the regular recorded version and a live version recorded on the Louisiana Hayride. When he begins the lyrics, the crowd goes wild! I believe I am distantly related to Mr. Horton, as that is my mom's maiden name, and I knew we had ancestors in Texas. It is a good song, as are most made by him during his short but bright career.

Gary

Mentor
I liked his songs-"North to Alaska" and "Sink the Bismarck". Both were made into movies.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm listening to Sink The Bismarck right now! I liked the movie North To Alaska as well. John Wayne did a good job in that one.

whiteCB

Master
Here's an interesting tidbit; did you guys know that FB Nate Clemens is HOF Pitcher Roger Clemens's nephew. He's gotta have those bulldog Clemens' genes to be a FB.
smiley2.gif

Gary

Mentor
I like John Wayne films, my sons and I watch "Rio Bravo" and "The Sons of Katie Elder" many times plus "The Sands of Iwo Jima"-"Back To Bataan"-"Big Jake"-ETC,ETC!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ohio whipped up on a much blacker Akron team tonight, 17-7. They look to be headed to the MAC Championship game against Central Michigan on November 30. Ohio plays Miami of Ohio next week, which should be a win.

whiteCB

Master
OU has indeed already clinched a spot in the MAC championship. It seems to me they are the whitest MAC champs in a while. MLB Matt Muncy has had an outstanding season and with a good postseason(bowl games, workouts, ect..) he could be drafted.