2006 Minnesota Golden Gophers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for 2006.

Offense
QB-Bryan Cupito
WR-Logan Payne
TE-Matt Spaeth
LT-Steve Shidell
LG-Tyson Swaggert
C-Tony Brinkhaus
RT-Joe Ainslie

Defense
WLB-John Shevlin
RE-William Van DeSteegEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good news for Brylee Callender. according to Foxsports, running back gary russell won't be playing this year due to academic reasons, so that should give even more chances for Brylee to showcase hiss talent. here's their scouting report on the black kid who's gone...

gary russell: While he didn't have special skills, Russell was a powerful back who could've been one of the nation's leading rushers if he got his studies straight. Minnesota was 0-3 when he didn't score twice, but after he didn't enroll in summer school classes, he won't be on the team leaving a huge hole.

is it just me, or is that a weird analysis? how can a guy with no "special skills" be "one of the nation's leading rushers"? does his blackness assure that status? WTF?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is that Callender is half black. He's been in off the field troubles, "Brylee" is a black name, he's from the Twin Cities which arethe race mixing capital of the country between the two coasts, he's getting a chance to run with a major program, and he certainly looks like he might have a black daddy.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you might be right Don, but the photo on his player bio shows him to appear white, but i can't get it to link directly. here's the link

it's a shame about the off the field stuff, however, regardless of his skin color.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the pic from your link, JC:

QYRXADOQYQLBKZO.20060520003729.jpg

Here's two others where he looks a little more mixed:

167770.jpg

All you need is one black ancestor in the family tree to magicallybe a capable running back. We all know that.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know a few white guys who look blacker than that in bad lighting and after playing a football game. He may have had an ancestor way back who was black, but I think he is white, plus he looks white to me. I guess to each his own when deciding if he is white for our purposes.

voice

Guru
Brylee isn't a name that gives a lot of confidence but if the sheeple think he is white it still can be a caste system denter..but if he does have a black daddy in prison somewhere expect the SI front cover to point this fact..

then all will be well again..
smiley36.gif

KG2422

Mentor
He looks partially black to me. Many women in Minnesota are of Scandinavian ancestry and his dad may not have been all black himself. This could account for him looking whiter than most mullatos.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Minnesota is not starting DT Todd Meisel after all. You'd think a team that is this white would have at least half white starters. Thanks to the Caste System, it doesn't.
smiley5.gif

RTQQKYOSPXBQAZG.20060912153744.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what ever happened with the Callender situation?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brylee was supended indefinitely from the Gophers team after violating team rules back in late August. He is now at Nevada. I cannot find any information about him on the team's website, so he must be sitting out this year.