2006 Kentucky Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This team was the second whitest SEC team last year with 11 out of 22. Unless major changes happen, it doesn't look like they will be there this year.

Offense
WR-Dicky Lyons Jr.
TE-Jacob Tamme
LT-Aaron Miller
C-Trai Williams
RG-Jason Leger
RT-Hayden Lane

Defense
MLB-Ben McGrath-In a fight for the position
SLB-Joe Schuler
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dicky Lyons Jr. has had 7 TD's this year, including one tonight. He had 3 catches total for 89 yards.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Lyons now has 7 touchdowns so far this year not 4 as the above poster mentioned.

Not only was he "complemented" for his "high - Motor" ability by the announcers on his awesome TD catch , after he clearly smoked the defence, but was rewarded by also being absent from all the highlight reels as well.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
castefootballer said:
Not only was he "complemented" for his "high - Motor" ability by the announcers on his awesome TD catch , after he clearly smoked the defence, but was rewarded by also being absent from all the highlight reels as well.

It always seems to me that replays and highlights of white athletes are less numerous, I would also say that close ups of white athletes are less frequent too. But maybe I'm just sensitive to it. It would be interesting to try and find a way to determine if white athletes are covered less then black ones. Don has pointed out the subtle manipulation of the news to white-out (ha ha) white athletic acheivement, this would seem to be part of the same problem.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the typo on the TD's, other poster.

whiteCB

Master
The media HATES giving compliments to white players regarding their athletic ability. They instead use superlatives such as "hard working", "determination", "high motor", and "great effort guy". By doing this they undermine the accomplishment of the white player and his athletic credibility.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Article from the Clarion Ledger this morning on Dicky Lyons Jr.

Lyons backs up brash talk with big catches for UK

STARKVILLE â€â€￾ Notre Dame once famously won a game for the Gipper.

Kentucky won one Saturday for the Lipper.

That would be loose-lipped wide receiver Dicky Lyons Jr., whose smack-attack earlier this week earned him a spot in coach Rich Brooks' doghouse - even after Lyons caught a game-high eight passes for 117 yards, including one incredible touchdown, in Kentucky's 34-31 victory over Mississippi State.

During the week, Lyons told reporters Kentucky should treat State the way LSU treated the Wildcats a couple of weeks ago in a 49-0 whipping.

It was the kind of quote that makes reporters drool and coaches cringe.

So Brooks did the talking Saturday, calling Lyons' 18-yard, one-handed diving TD grab in the very back of the end zone an "unbelievable catch" and a "gift from the gods."

Most people have other names for SEC referees, but that's who called it a no-catch, then changed the call to a TD after video replays showed Lyons got a toe down in the end zone.

MSU coach Sylvester Croom won't be convinced until he sees the video.

"I was really shocked at that one," Croom said. "... From where I was I didn't think there was even any question about the play."

- Rusty Hampton

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Its official...Dicky Lyons Jr is my fav college WR...making people cringe not only because of his confidence but also because of the fear of a white playmaking TD machine by all the jocksniffing weenies. Keep it up
smiley32.gif

Triad

Mentor
Compared to Heisman candidate Calvin Johnson, Lyon's stats aren't too bad. I still haven't heard any All-American candidate or for sure Top 5 draft pick status for Lyons.

Through 7 games Lyons has 31 catches for 524 yds (16.9 ypc) with 8 touchdowns with a long reception of 80 yards in the MSM's "best conference in the country". He's averaging 75 yards / game receiving.

Through 8 games Johnson has 40 catches for 627 yds (15.7 ypc) with 9 touchdowns with a long reception of 66 yards in the ACC. He's averaging 78.4 yards / game receiving.