world amateur boxing championships 2011

moose

Guru
the world amateur boxing championships ended today and out of 11 divisions only 2 or 3 blacks won world championships. 4 weight divisions were won by fighters from the ukraine. The heavyweight champion is magomedsural medzhidov from dagestan, he is a cousin of magomed abdusalamov, he defeated a malatto from the english team 22-21 to win the title, he looks quite white to me. He almost ko'd his opponent in the 3rd round. Whites are not only dominating pro boxing but amateur boxing also.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
the world amateur boxing championships ended today and out of 11 divisions only 2 or 3 blacks won world championships. 4 weight divisions were won by fighters from the ukraine. The heavyweight champion is magomedsural medzhidov from dagestan, he is a cousin of magomed abdusalamov, he defeated a malatto from the english team 22-21 to win the title, he looks quite white to me. He almost ko'd his opponent in the 3rd round. Whites are not only dominating pro boxing but amateur boxing also.

Great news! The East continues to pump out tremendous white fighters and the white domination in boxing will only get stronger. I predict in five years we'll have a few more white champs, especially in lower weight classes. Too much talent.

Evhen Khytrov seems to be the most promising prospect judging by what i read here and there.

Hard to find videos of the event, i'd have liked to see majidov VS joshua as well.

Joshua's seen as the next big thing in GB and the afflete who would eventually rule the Heavy division once he'll have turned pro.

If he's chinny, he might get koed at the Olympics in London.

Last edited:
Great news! The East continues to pump out tremendous white fighters and the white domination in boxing will only get stronger. I predict in five years we'll have a few more white champs, especially in lower weight classes. Too much talent.
The trouble with the lower weight divisions is that many of the lighter Eastern fighters dont have enough KO power to knockout non-whites, so most fall victim to anti-white judging. How many times have we seen East Euro boxers in the lighter weight divisions get robbed over the last few years?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The trouble with the lower weight divisions is that many of the lighter Eastern fighters dont have enough KO power to knockout non-whites, so most fall victim to anti-white judging. How many times have we seen East Euro boxers in the lighter weight divisions get robbed over the last few years?

Andreas Kotelnik comes to mind. In the fight with Devon Alexander on a Don King card last year, and also in previous fights against M'Baye and Witter.

And Jo Jo Dan vs. Aydin was probably the worst robbery of 2010 - Dan schooled Aydin, but was robbed in Turkey on the Ahmet Oner card.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Andreas Kotelnik comes to mind. In the fight with Devon Alexander on a Don King card last year, and also in previous fights against M'Baye and Witter.

And Jo Jo Dan vs. Aydin was probably the worst robbery of 2010 - Dan schooled Aydin, but was robbed in Turkey on the Ahmet Oner card.

Hey Dempsey and Spacehillbilly, are either of your familiar with this Billy Dib whose now champion at featherweight. He's from Australia and I figured he was white but he looks like he may be Middle Eastern.

Hey Dempsey and Spacehillbilly, are either of your familiar with this Billy Dib whose now champion at featherweight. He's from Australia and I figured he was white but he looks like he may be Middle Eastern.

Indeed, Dib is either a Lebanese or a Syrian name. A "french" football player has Dib as his last name and he's from there.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer

He's Middle Eastern and one of the most boring boxers to watch. He has a very negative "spoiling" style.