White teams in Bowl Games

Gary

Mentor
Teams with a lot of white players did very well in there bowl games.Wyoming beat UCLA,Iowa State won so did Navy.Texas Tech humbled Cal.Iowa won and so did Utah.Next seasonI would like to see teams with at least 8 whites on offense and half the defense white.I hope Boise State has a another very white team and another great season.I saw 8 whites on Pitt's offense.Come on parents have white sons, feed them well anddon't let them get brainwashed and help them get strong.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Of Associated Press's final Top 25, ten have been mentioned favorably at one time or another this past season by supporters of this site:

#4 Utah
#8 Iowa
#9 California
#12 Boise State
#17 Wisconsin
#18 Texas Tech
#19 Arizona State
#20 Ohio State
#21 Boston College
#24 Navy

Pitt, which finished number 25, did have a lot of white starters on offense this year, particularly for an urban school. However head coach Walt Harris was run out of town and has been replaced by Pittsburgh native Dave Wannstedt, head coach in '04 of Forsey and Konrad. The future doesn't look particularly white at Pitt.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Ah Yes, #24 Navy

This year's Navy football team was white, very white, most extraordinarily white, and not because the brass at USNA athleticswanted this. The team got real white because, four years ago, on Charlie Weatherbie's watch, a whole bunch of black players, mostly starters, got run off the team or out of the academy for foul behavior. A bunch were involved in a stolen car ring, and the fancy quarterback got in lots of trouble for deflowering underage lasses about the Annapolis area. Soon Charlie's 9-3 juggernaut from the late 1990s collapsed into the 0-12 and 1-11 disasters of the turn-of-the-century team. Charlie got dumped. My greatest remembrance was watching crying Navy players on TV, of both races, who had just gotten whupped by William and Mary during the no-wins year. Ol' Weatherbie got some bad press --- for allowing the criminal black players to get caught!

The new, no-nonsence Paul Johnson had a smart observation upon taking over the demoralized team. He observed that the Charlie system of recruiting consisted largely of "shotgunning" about 60 or 70 "athletes" in an early training camp in hopes of finding a "nugget" or two to augment a poor recruiting class. Johnson scrapped it immediately, saying that the school should recruit "football players" and not scour the academy's "athletes" for long-shot recruits.

So the current USNA teams is as white as it has been in decades -- including the 1978 team that did so well with George Welsh in charge. Rest assured, there is HUGE pressure on the USNA football program to toe the line and EBONIZE itself. Its current cofiguration, and future inclination to reward a traditional, white disciplined football player, rests largely with the new coach. I hope he can hold it together, and he will bespotlighted by local media, esp the WashingtonPost, for being an anti-black crusader unless he ebonizes with gusto.

Alas, the cornerbacks are all black .... but you can't have everything. What can I say -- but Beat Army!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Realgeorge

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even ASU won their bowl game.Boise State may have lost
but proved that they are extremley talented.I love
watching all of these teams play.These kids need a place
to play.If these teams continue to play at a high level,
year after year,they will have to start recruiting some
of them at the major schools.I am so sick and tired of
all of the stupid stereotypes.We need to break the door
down and come running through!
smiley32.gif

Gary

Mentor
Glad Navy had a good season.Paul Johnson is a very good coach.Hopefully Army will follow Navy's example.Most of those killed in action in Iraq have been white males which is the same for every war the US ever fights.So I hope Air Force will have a mostly white team also.I want to see some teams that are all white.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Navy had fewer whites in 2005 than last year, but were still whiter than most teams. Who knows what the future holds for Air Force, now that Fisher Decrappy has made it clear he cares nothing for his white players. I also think the addition of TCU into the Mountain West, and their success will hurt the cause of whites who want to play skill position football in the MWC in the future. The service academies will hopefully stay white for years to come though. I can also see BYU getting even whiter, or at least staying where they are. I doubt we will see an all white team ever again. Maybe an offense or defense that is all white, but not both for any length of time. BYU had only 1 black on defense this year, and only 2-3 blacks maximum on offense at any point during a game.