VA Tech vs. ECU 11-5-09

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Like I mentioned in my post on the ECU thread, tonights game is a real blackfest. The only shocker is of course the VA Tech chart showing a white starting WR, Danny Coale. They don't throw to him a ton, only 13 receptions this year, but he's averaging 25.5 yards per reception. I haven't seen much of VA Tech this year, any input as to this wideout? Other than that, they only have a couple of white O-linemen (and an ASIAN O-lineman, amazing), and Cody Grimm at LB.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I only watched Danny Coale play once last year, but he appeared to be pretty fast. I have heard him described as a good route runner on NFLdraftscout before as well. Coale had a solid year statistically last year, starting as a frosh which is rare for a white WR. Tyrod Taylor should throw to this kid more b/c Coale is probably the most talented WR on the team!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't watch blackfests like this game. Since moving into MWC territory, I can barely stomach a complete SEC/ACC/C-USA game.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Although this game was tough to stomach, from what I watched, Danny Coale had a good game. Like ToughJ said, he is the best wideout on VTech. He finished with 6 catches for 60 yards (game leading). He always seemed to be open when they were passing, and he was always the receiver that Taylor looked for when he was in trouble.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I watched this game. A terrible display of football. Shoddy QB play from Taylor and 6th year ECU QB Pickney. Poor tackling, undisciplined players committing penalties. Cody Grimm was the best defensive player on the field, it seems he was everywhere making tackles. I hope he gets a shot in the NFL, he reminds me of Tillman. Like Tillman he will be moved to Safety in the NFL.

TwentyTwo

Master
Well ESPN announcer Mark May who played with Cody's dad(Russ) w/ the Redskins...said "Cody Grimm is all over the field tonight"...but then he had to add..."he's an overacheiver"....Tillman is a good comparison