USC Trojans

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's a look at USC's probable white starters for the upcoming season.

Offense
QB-Matt Leinart
LT-Sam Baker
LG-Drew Radovich
C-Ryan Kalil

Defense
MLB-Oscar Lua
SLB-Dallas Sartz
FS-Scott Ware
DE-Jeff SchweigerEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sorry Kevin, I don't know how I missed those two guys. The USC depth chart from April lists Schweiger as starter, but the June depth chart on collegefootballnews.com lists Rucker ahead of him. I'm going with the June chart since it is more recent. That doesn't rule out Schweiger starting though. Thanks for the heads up.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I wonder why there is such press about this guy who at most punched a guy? He is just a second string guy who sees most of his action on the scout team. I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was Reggie Bush?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2211337

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Reb, My experience from reading countlesssuch stories involving affletes is that the nature of the assault isoften underplayed, sometimes significantly, when a minority is the accused. A single punch can kill a person and my guess, based on the charge and the fact it made the media, is that it was a very damaging punch (and there could well have been more than one of them thrown). There's been more than a few occasions where a football player beats senseless a basically defenseless, much smaller white student. Not saying it happened here but it wouldn't be surprising if that was the case.

BTW, this story was posted on the CF homepage yesterday.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the repeat info Don. I don't check the front page very often, as I have the forums front page set as a favorite.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's some info about Dallas Sartz from the Sporting News website.

"The USC staff is looking into the possibility of moving LB Dallas Sartz, who missed most of this season with a shoulder injury, to strong safety next season. The loss of Scott Ware and Darnell Bing has left a hole in the secondary, and Sartz approached the staff about the change. Moreover, the development of Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing would have relegated Sartz--a starter on the 2004 national championship team--to a backup role at linebacker. Sartz will run track this spring to improve his speed. . . . "

Sartz should be a starter then, and hopefully USC will have as many whites on defense as they had this last season.

G

I think USC does have a white CB who will be a junior or senior this upcoming year.